The online racing simulator
Another weird topic
(4 posts, started )
Another weird topic
You know. It's really weird how reading about one topic on one thread can lead you to think about something else almost entirely unrelated.
The thread about the LX8 has led me to ponder truly modeled spoked wheels in LFS and how would they be affected by LFS physics.
One of the reasons spoke wheels fell out of favor with performance cars was at higher speeds, they had a tendency to come loose. If those type spoked wheels were to be modeled for LFS for say the road cars, would that be a factor? I mean if you actually rendered the spokes, threads and all and coded the torquing down of those spokes, would there be a risk for them to come loose? or would the loosening factor have to be coded in as well. I know you can simply draw up wheels that look like spoked wheels. But that's not really what I'm wanting. I guess what I'm really wanting to know is how realistic can you get? And could something like this be done within the confines of the game engine without draining resources or some sort of massive redo?
If you create a comprehensive enough model, then things like spoked wheels self destructing, or tires flatspotting would happen as they do in real life, with no prompting from the game. Of course if you modeled everything as detailed as possible, the game couldn't be played in real time. So the challenge is picking which things to model, determining how detailed it needs to be, and finding places where shortcuts can be taken to improve performance without sacrificing realism.
Wow...
there was another tyre tread months ago and in the tread says that the tyre model, the tyre increase his radius as in real life does by the centripede force, if you want to know more about tires simulation there is the pacejka magic formula you can google it and there are a lot of information about that

Another weird topic
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG