The online racing simulator
unlocking trouble
(14 posts, started )
#1 - dopez
unlocking trouble
is there some history of when i unlocked?

i ask because i bought my S2 license this month and im sure i only unlocked 2 times (second time on my faster pc but this got screwed up and reinstalled) so i figured i should have 1 unlock free this month but lfs tells me i have no unlocks free this month :/
#3 - dopez
Quote from Flyby_Wire :I suggest mailto:[email protected], and explain what is wrong.

thanks i'll do that indeed, thought it might be easiest to just ask here first
unlock trouble
Hello,

I also had unlock trouble.
Try to put youre computer or laptop in standby mode. And then turn it on again.
Start Lfs en see if it's unlocked.
It worked for me.

Every time i turned my computer on it wassen't unlocked. I put it in standby and after that turned it on again, and lfs was unlocked.

Goodluck!!
#5 - dopez
thanks for the hints, but within two hours i sent an email to lfstech i got a reply and one more unlock (thanks Victor!)

my problem was more config related, i had to reinstall and i just thought i was really sure i only unlocked twice (else i wouldnt reinstall so easy

so my problem is solved

about the laptop, maybe you could report this problem to the email address in this topic so they could look into it, sounds like a bug somewhere in the bios/drivers of your laptop that make you pc appear as a different pc after suspend/resume
---
Hello dopez,

I already contacted lfs people.
I'm finding out with them, what it wrong!!!

Goodluck in future racing!!

greetingz, Cybercool
#7 - BATOR
Bought a S2 licence via paypal but when i try to unlock the game it wont recognise my user name
the user name is recognised on both the website and the forums , any ideas ? ? ?

Additional : how do i get a GAMEpassword ? ? ? i dont have any options to install one , can someone give me a step by step guide , sorry for being such a n00b
the Gamepassword is configured by logging into www.liveforspeed.net, click account details and there you can change the game password.
also licenses payed for with paypal will take a bit longer to process, just until victor clears it.
#9 - BATOR
There is no option to change a game password , only a web password , i am guessing my payment is yet to be processed
I seem to be having the same problem with having to unlock multiple times. Yesterday I borrowed a older pc from my friend, has absolutely no problem running LFS. Played for some hours, and then when I got up this morning and started LFS it wasnt unlocked. So I unlocked it again... and now Im afraid it will be locked again, if I close and start again!

Any ideas? Or is this also config related? If yes... any hints?

Thanks.

Edit: Tried to boot the pc, and started LFS again. No problem this time! Must have done something wrong somewhere.. cant figure out what! The pc wouldn't be so lame to reset my lfs account while turned off over the night (?)
I have another kind of problem, my pc is on dual boot, xp home and xp pro and i have lfs installed in a third partition.
I unlocked LFS when i was using xp home and then when i was using xp pro the lfs was locked so i unlocked lfs in xp pro, then when i returned to xp home lfs was locked again, but not in xp pro, wich was the last OS that i unlocked lfs.

Any ideas, maybe i will have to do two installations of lfs, but its nice to have only one and keep all the data in only one game folder?

Best regards
save the LFS/dat/misc folder for each xp after y unlock it.
then y need only to change the misc folder to get it unlocked
after you change your xp-install.
maybe with a small batch file in the autostart.
tkz for the fast reply, will do the batch file to just rename the folders when i enter xp, to use the correct one.

will post if i have trouble doing it
I've had the same problem with unlocking the game, only for it to be locked when I next start it (on my Gericom laptop). tried the standby "fix" mentioned above and its unlocked again...strange but I'm not complaining!

unlocking trouble
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG