The online racing simulator
I'd like to see some clean racing added to LFS :o
Quote from Racer Y :What about something like this? I never seen these cars race, I just thought they looked cool in the photos

hmmm nice picture of real life tyre deformation
Quote from Unclefloug :@geezer45: i do hope u realise that the image of the 'r8_crash' is the accident which claimed the life of Michele Alboreto, i would apprecaite if u could remove it, i don't think it was a suitable image

thanks
floug

Why exactly isnt it suitable?

Because someone died? - Well, it doesnt show his body, so i see no problem with it.. Its just a wrecked car as far as im concerned..

@ Racer - Without the wing yeah..
Quote from RMachucaA :OHOHOHOHO! almost forgot.... racing trucks like these:

and

Quote from Eldanor :- Formula 1
- Trucks
- Something like DTM, but using A8, S-Class, and 7 Series style cars GTR versions :hyper:

it's all I want
no set up adjustment
a serie like f1 and no adjustment set up .a fixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx setup
I would mind seeing the Radical SR8, V8 saloon cars, formula fords. I also wouldnt mind seeing some hill climb tracks, some more street circuits and more GP style tracks (think of tracks over 3.5km but under 8km).
Hill Climb / Downhill racing

Google "Inital D" for inspiration

maybe not so much drift style, but definately the format
I'd like to see more rally tracks.
At least enough to make a nice league with them.

Vain
Hillclimb please.
Quote from BlackEagle :MONSTER TRUCKS

they are amazing, i want to crush expensive sport cars

That would actually be fun, and I think LFS physics would do great with that kind of racing/crushing...
Quote from Shademaster :I would really like to see Touge Races! Nothing but absolutely nothing beats blasting through the mountains at breakneck speeds! Just look at one of those Best Motoring International touge videos for proof.

woh...

Vid of what I mean:

http://www.superhonda.com/video/togue200class.wmv
*219mb

Falling asleep... spent 20 minutes watching drifters take on hillclimbing, rather bizare really, a semi-serious program, about drifting, not really alot to setting a car to drift, no suprise which car won.
hmm hillclimb would be cool but i cant imagine online with 20 people all racing on the same piece of gravel...maybe if the opponents cars were ghosted this could work kinda like a time trial hillclimb.....

would be fun though

mad
Sorry floug (or anyone else) if I offended you, I didn't realise the context in which the photo was taken. If I had known, I certainly wouldn't have posted it. I just did a google search looking for images of the r8.

Anyway, I have removed the offending image.
- More rallycross tracks and cars
- Karts
- Formula 1
Quote from BlackEagle :MONSTER TRUCKS

they are amazing, i want to crush expensive sport cars

Perfect! I can relive my days of Microsoft's Monster Truck Madness in style!
Banger racing is a great idea, grip racing with all the strict rules is fun and all that but sometimes its fun trying to pass your oponent by grinding them up against the wall or fishtailing them.

The very sad thing about lfs is LAG, lag causes cars to fly thousands of feet into the air just because of a slight touch of another car, maybe LFS can work a little bit on the crash behaviours so it won't do that.

Togues would be GREAT for lfs, all the cars including the forumula cars would be great for hill climbing, the whole elevation change thing is an awesome idea, LFS did really well when they made the bridge in SO and also some of those bumps in FE rally, but I was thinking like a hill climb with a lot of sharp corners. It would be challenging and add a lot more fun to LFS!
Dirt oval.
Destructtion In Carpark
I like a destruction derbi like game in the carpark, and you can play it with any car of the game. The cars must have all damages the game has, with a "overall damage bar", with this bar full at 100% the player is out.

Another option if the Damage Bar can not be possible, is to make a rule that if a car cant reach -per example- 20Km during last 10 segs, its out. It could be fantastic to make team wars, leagues and destruction races in general.

Good luck for all, GlassONionZ
All-dirt versions of the rallycross tracks.
Truck racing.. As in the 5 ton type with 1500hp or whatever wacky amount of power they put out.
Point to point hill climb events would be great too.
my whishes:
- mountain road circuits ("initial-d" style) like japanese and spanish tracks of colin mc rae series with some broken tarmac (like RL mountain roads)

- free run: a configuration for all tracks to remove all barries -> that is: standard, reverse, free run.

- bikes (that's a dream for now ok...) let's remember that "4 wheels r 2 much" mod, showed us LFS is quite ready for bikes

- a BMW Z4 like car but AWD in the range of fxo/rb4 or lx6 (this would increase lx6 servers by introducing a "noob" car in the same range)

Quote from (NOZ)RockyZ :Banger racing is a great idea, grip racing with all the strict rules is fun and all that but sometimes its fun trying to pass your oponent by grinding them up against the wall or fishtailing them.

The very sad thing about lfs is LAG, lag causes cars to fly thousands of feet into the air just because of a slight touch of another car, maybe LFS can work a little bit on the crash behaviours so it won't do that.

A proper short oval track would keep speeds down, reducing the effects of lag on collisions. Proper barriers, rather than the autox billboards, would probably not cause the insane launches you see on the car park.
Elevation Lads, Elevation!!
It's not so much a request for a new car, but a track: A track with more elevation changes so that you'd have to lift off the throttle not to go airborn too much. Imagine a track placed at a mountain, with first half of the race going mainly uphill but with some brief downhill stints, some really tight corners mixed with slightly wider, banked curves. And once you're through the first half, let the downhill begin!!! massive slopes with sharp bends, varied banking and radius.. it would be intense. I can see the need for driving strategically, keeping tires in check because of haaard downhill braking that pushes the car It would also show a bigger difference in weight of the cars. more powerful but heavy cars will do the climb a bit better, and have higher speed in the downhill, but will have to brake a lot earlier because of their weight.. Gah I want it.
Hi,

this is what I want do see in the LFS-future:

Motocross
MotoGP like
Sandbuggies or something like that
dirtbikes
old stockcars (destruction derby like)
lamborgini-ferrari like cars
musclecars
truckracing
maybe something like this
Attached images
Sportcycle.jpg
Raceofchamp_JPG.jpg
Sandbahnrennen_bike.jpg
MotoGP.jpg
stockcar.jpg
Quote from ksa_land :
Motocross
MotoGP like

I can't see bikes being simulated, engines yes but not the handling dynamics, I don't think they'd be worth the bother, most people do not have the right controlers, and TBH if it's going to be a sim it would require a full bike sized thing like you see in arcades. A car is easy to get the right input with as a cockpit stays fixed and a wheel can be fixed to an ordinary desk.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG