The online racing simulator
Bad Servers
(37 posts, closed, started )
Bad Servers
Yeah I'v had that happen to me. Would go into a server there would only be like 2 or 3 guys in server. Must be mates or something. Its one of my fav servers and there all like quick ban this n00b (Hadn't even chosen my car)
Quote from antman2006 :Yeah I'v had that happen to me. Would go into a server there would only be like 2 or 3 guys in server. Must be mates or something. Its one of my fav servers and there all like quick ban this n00b (Hadn't even chosen my car)

You have to remember though - it's their server, they can do what they like.
#4 - Mauni
I don't see point in listing bad servers. Everyone can choose the server he/she wants and if it has unfair admin, changing server is easy. Choosing is not the case when a wrecker drops in.
Mauni,

You are right but there are some servers that are particularly unfair and deserve mentioning.

Note that last night this was the only server running the BLGP/FOX combo with anyone on as well so makes it awkward if you want to race a particular set.

All I'm asking for is that admins give a little bit.

Deliberate wreckers of course - ban them!

Others who might not intentionally cause harm - maybe just warn them.
Quote from Gentlefoot :You have to remember though - it's their server, they can do what they like.

It wasnt there server?
This person is talking about server admins from my understanding...

In the end the admins are paying for the server (or have been put in place by who ever is paying for it) they can decide what happens because they own it.
Quote from antman2006 :It wasnt there server?

So they didn't have admin rights? How did they bann people then?
As I said, if those running the server choose to bann people who's names start with G for example, that's their perogative. Find another server.

And the excuse that it is the only one running that combo is ridiculous. Just go to an empty server with the cars that you want that also lets you choose tracks. and choose whatever track you like.
Quote from Gentlefoot :As I said, if those running the server choose to bann people who's names start with G for example, that's their perogative. Find another server.

And the excuse that it is the only one running that combo is ridiculous. Just go to an empty server with the cars that you want that also lets you choose tracks. and choose whatever track you like.

Not when it's the only competitive one racing.
Quote from nigelpm :Not when it's the only competitive one racing.

Which is unlikely to ever be the case if they keep banning people for no reason.
Quote from nigelpm :Not when it's the only competitive one racing.

You're ignoring the fact they pay for the server. They can do what they want. Condisering the server is almost always full I'd say that most people are happy enough.
Quote from keiran :You're ignoring the fact they pay for the server. They can do what they want. Condisering the server is almost always full I'd say that most people are happy enough.

Yes, it's a good server and I enjoyed racing there but the admin leaves a lot to be desired.
#14 - Gunn
Listing servers here that you don't like is not a good idea. Go to another server if you don't like that one, or create your own. Servers are not public property.
Bad idea, in a General LFS Discussion area anyway, yet another call for Server Related Subsections of the forum.
i wouldnt go listing bad servers. at the end of the day it can always be a misunderstanding or the actual drivers on at the time that make you think it is bad. also alot of bias comes into play.
Yuni, if you were trying to defame [name withheld] with this replay, you've chosen the wrong place, the wrong replay, the wrong attitude (from the start), and the wrong people.
They have been way too patient with you. You asked for it, you got it.
Quote from Albieg :Yuni, if you were trying to defame DSR with this replay, you've chosen the wrong place, the wrong replay, the wrong attitude (from the start), and the wrong people.
They have been way too patient with you. You asked for it, you got it.

Pfft, for such a minor mistake at the end of the replay?
No, because you think you're the only driver on the track. I judge things from the start to the end, and the end for me is only the natural conclusion of your solo flight.
Quote from Albieg :No, because you think you're the only driver on the track. I judge things from the start to the end, and the end for me is only the natural conclusion of your solo flight.

You just made my day. (no sarcasm) Funny thing is, after I got banned I applied for the team!
Why do you apply for a team, you dont have any respect for? (Thats, what you said in the post with the replay, before you edited it...)
Hold on. Did GTR Yuni apply for the team that had a go at him.
Why.
id never join a team that had a go at me. id join another more freindly team, then race against the team that had a go at me and win them. then send them loads of abusive emails.

well maybe not the emails.
Captain Slow, apparently there's some missing link between action and reaction in some of the words above. This fact may suggest that a further analysis could reveal that what happened in that server was way natural.
I have a certain experience of the demo scene, and I can assure you that the server involved is a very good example of careful administration. True, mistakes may happen, I'm not always there, but as far as I've seen they're correct with all racers, even a bit too relaxed for my tastes sometimes, but it's right to keep it that way.
I say this since I applied for that team, although I privately retired my application for personal reasons the same day, and I will never reapply. I have no interest in saying good things about them, except for the fact that, as long as I've been there, I've been treated well enough; for several good reasons that server should be taken as an example on the demo scene. No wonder that, when it's open, it's so difficult entering because it's always full.
There may be things I don't know or I didn't experience personally, but I don't care about those too much. I'm there to have fun, and I have it. But I also like some mature administration, and I find it there. I'd be much harder then them with some people. For example, if I was an admin, the replay above would have lasted only for 30 seconds, more or less. But I know I'm too harsh when certain things wrongfully get on my nerves right from the start.
If and when I'll see something that doesn't look right to me, I'll have my say with that team. So far, I don't have any reason to complain.
This thread is closed

Bad Servers
(37 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG