TOP FUEL
(13 posts, started )
TOP FUEL
Vehicle mod: TOP FUEL
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/26AB66

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Early Access Top Fuel Dragster

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :THIS IS EARLY ACCESS, NOT A COMPLETED MOD. It is based on a real life top fuel dragster, currently it's not anywhere near the realistic horsepower but when the tires are improved I will have another attempt at taming the beast..

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Suspension setup is all over the place. Doesnt feel great on wheel since its constantly shaking.
Also im no drag racing expert but im not sure if trailing arm's front and rear make for a good drag car setup. Wheels aren't done yet either still still a no spoke wheel lol.

Car looks good tho i think just a couple fixes will really make it a fun car to race with friends.
Quote from Jake_Blasted :Suspension setup is all over the place. Doesnt feel great on wheel since its constantly shaking.
Also im no drag racing expert but im not sure if trailing arm's front and rear make for a good drag car setup. Wheels aren't done yet either still still a no spoke wheel lol.

Car looks good tho i think just a couple fixes will really make it a fun car to race with friends.

Made some changes, seemed to completely remove the wheel wobble and added some spokes Smile,

still will put more work into this, not finished yet
Can do a wheelie!

EDIT: Please fix this mod on Westhill track, because this mod on this track is uncontrollable
Attached images
lfs_00000007.jpg
I think puting Centrifugal clutch would be closer to what they use in real life.
The problem is tyres because it should have very soft tyres without sidewall reinforcment that growh in diameter and getting narrower with speed to reduce rolling resistance at high speeds. We don't have tyres like that in LFS Frown

BTW steering wheel animation is broken.

Quote from Jake_Blasted :trailing arm's

Trailing arm is just in game name for linear physics suspension. Top Fuels doesn't have suspension at all.
Well as for tires there currently cannot be any miracle. LFS has radial tyres a bit flawed... Frag tires are a world by themselves with some diagonals some radials and some special mix...
Quote from versiu :

BTW steering wheel animation is broken.

I tried to fix this many times, I don't know what I'm doing wrong Frown

assuming I need to rotate it for it to work correctly but everytime I do it, it didn't work,

/shrug
Would it be possible to have an unrealistic variant without the windshield?
Quote from loopingz :Would it be possible to have an unrealistic variant without the windshield?

Added a config to remove the window entirely as requested, till I manage to get it to look how I want.
Feels very top heavy, I've never driven one of these before, and I know they aren't designed for circuit tracks but its very hard to steer because it falls over all the time. I think the rear wheels are supposed to be small and expand under acceleration, but I don't know if thats possible in this game, though it would be nice. Good luck with the mod, I enjoyed

Also I've been to these races and they are supposed to be so ridiculously loud that you can't even hear yourself yelling, this one sounds very quiet
-
(ELDemon) DELETED by ELDemon : ..
Quote from Lopyt_Music :Feels very top heavy, I've never driven one of these before, and I know they aren't designed for circuit tracks but its very hard to steer because it falls over all the time. I think the rear wheels are supposed to be small and expand under acceleration, but I don't know if thats possible in this game, though it would be nice. Good luck with the mod, I enjoyed

Also I've been to these races and they are supposed to be so ridiculously loud that you can't even hear yourself yelling, this one sounds very quiet

I don't believe the car has a high centre of gravity I will check that and the the thing you suggested about the tires is impossible they are that hig for grip and to make them last as you start to go high speed and well the sound I kept normal to save people's ears lol
Quote from Lopyt_Music :Feels very top heavy, I've never driven one of these before, and I know they aren't designed for circuit tracks but its very hard to steer because it falls over all the time. I think the rear wheels are supposed to be small and expand under acceleration, but I don't know if thats possible in this game, though it would be nice. Good luck with the mod, I enjoyed

Everything with centre of gravity is looking ok, I imagine it's just the difference in wheel size that does it, I'm not sure I want to increase the front wheel size any, I will see if I can fix this without an obvious change.
The mod needs LOD2 model, and LOD3 model to have correct color & texture. Because right now when you're online, you see this very often (and these dragsters are high, hence visible from far away at this low LOD).
Attached images
lfs_00000060.jpg
lfs_00000059.jpg

TOP FUEL
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG