The online racing simulator
Yeah, no thanks.

I don't have to accept it or put my time into these things if I don't want to. It's not a breach of the rules for me to simply not play the game.

Maybe you think I am overreacting. I'm sure there are other modders who are more than prepared to put up with being treated in this way, and will continue to make mods well into LFS's future despite having their work removed at random, but I am not one of them.

It's not a fortunate position, but it is what it is.
Quote from tommer :Yeah, no thanks.

I don't have to accept it or put my time into these things if I don't want to. It's not a breach of the rules for me to simply not play the game.

Maybe you think I am overreacting. I'm sure there are other modders who are more than prepared to put up with being treated in this way, and will continue to make mods well into LFS's future despite having their work removed at random, but I am not one of them.

It's not a fortunate position, but it is what it is.

Quote from tommer :It's fine, you do you, I'll do me. Just don't expect any more from me in the future.

As far as I'm concerned a breach of social contract was committed here. Specifically a lack of respect for the limited time that we have on this planet. That may not be conveniently numbered in a bureaucrats handbook but I'll give it the arbitrary number 1.2 to please the minds of those who like to think in terms of rules and regulations rather than the basic humanity of the situation.

I already play other games with much larger audiences that handle third party content much better.

As my mod was a derivative of another approved mod, LFS Devs had not one but two chances to check the legal standing of the vehicle before approving it.

I've already sunk about what... 10 hours? 12? into making that derivative. That's time I won't get back in my life, maybe not the biggest amount of time but I certainly won't risk that again.

Unless I get a statement to say that once a mod is approved LFS Mods won't be seeking out reasons to take a mod down unless a company is actually actively telling them they have a problem, I genuinely don't see the point in continuing to make vehicle mods..

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Is this post sponsored by Tampax?
Quote from piggy501 :Is this post sponsored by Tampax?

Yeah I know, I sound like an emotional girlfriend.

Idk. It does upset me. I did put some passion into it and was feeling pretty pleased with myself that I got as far as I did. I had more plans for it this weekend, but they have been taken away.

Maybe to you it seems stupid but for me it was a big achievement and having some wordsmith go seek out reasons to take it down after I waited to see that it was OK that it was approved and I could continue working on it really does feel like I'm in an abusive relationship.

So yea you got me, I'm upset. Waa. I'll go eat some chocolate and down a bottle of red wine. I can't help feeling the way I do. Hope you enjoyed the show whilst it lasted.
Quote from Flame CZE :By the way, the model on open3dmodel.com seems to be a re-upload from cadnav.com - you can tell by the thumbnail being just a mirror of the original one.

https://open3dmodel.com/3d-models/3d-model-bmw-330-compact-executive-car_114589.html

https://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-33904.html

Models from cadnav.com seem to be OK in terms of licensing, however it's not fully clear yet what license should be selected in the submission process.

Since the source is obviously actually CadNav.com, which has a more permissive license

Legal jargon from the readme
Quote :
INFO:¡¡Please read and comply with the following terms and conditions before using, otherwise please don't use this model!

1. We doesn't accept any claims regarding quality of 3D model or any standards conformity.
2. We will not participate in any technology or copyright issues.
3. This file (models or textures) may be used in any commercial way only as a part of artwork or project. Single reselling or redistribution of this model is prohibited.
4. This file (models or textures) may be freely modificated or elaborated.
5. If you use this file (models or textures) in your project or website, please indicate the source from cadnav.com

Website states

Quote :License Free (Personal and Commercial)

Would LFS Mod Approval Team be prepared to approve the mod, if the license/source is changed to reflect it came from this source?
To further prove that the model did indeed originate from cadnav.com

I downloaded from both sources, open3dmodel website and cadnav website

Both files contain the same image files and a .max file

Both .max files are exactly the same size, and using MD5 hash I know they are exactly the same content

Cadnav.com_C02022890.max
26BFFB3AC05A869401AEF9C30C3F7AF8
Open3d (1).max
26BFFB3AC05A869401AEF9C30C3F7AF8

Both downloads also contain the cadnav.com logo.

I think therefor I prove beyond reasonable doubt that the file was not altered before upload to Open3d and is infact the cadnav file, with cadnav license and would be OK to use cadnav license as a result

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG