The online racing simulator
Ingame LFSW skin uploading
(18 posts, started )
This would be helpful if a dumbass like me forgot to upload a skin.
#2 - ORION
shift+F4, doubleclick Firefox icon (you click IE icon ;P) select lfsworld.net, click skins icon, select file, click upload, race.
He probably knows that already. Perhaps you need someone to explain "in-game" to you?
Quote from ORION :shift+F4, doubleclick Firefox icon (you click IE icon ;P) select lfsworld.net, click skins icon, select file, click upload, race.

alt+tab is faster imo
#5 - Lible
#6 - CSU1
Ok, If I see a skin I like om x server while in pit, then I see it in my skin_x folder and then put it in the normal skin folder, how do I get LFS to "refresh" and see the new skin now in the data/skin folder?
I usually restart LFS.exe ???
Quote from Lible :Nope, alt+tab is a no-no for LFS.

works great for me.

The original suggestion is simple and bears merit - whether the devs choose to implement is clearly up to them, but why this insatiable need to tear down suggestions?
#8 - Lible
Quote from Blowtus :works great for me.

The original suggestion is simple and bears merit - whether the devs choose to implement is clearly up to them, but why this insatiable need to tear down suggestions?

If you do it during multiplayer other guests may lost connection. I guess it's okay in singleplayer.
#9 - Jakg
Quote from CSU1 :Ok, If I see a skin I like om x server while in pit, then I see it in my skin_x folder and then put it in the normal skin folder, how do I get LFS to "refresh" and see the new skin now in the data/skin folder?

you dont, because you have just nicked someones skin. How do you know it isnt private?
Quote from Lible :Nope, alt+tab is a no-no for LFS.

Why?

Though Shift+F4 sometimes screws up my FSAA settings... sometimes it goes off in LFS even if it's actually turned on on the ATI control panel and sometimes the other way around. Weird, LFS is the only game where I have problems with correct FSAA settings.
Quote from Batterypark :He probably knows that already. Perhaps you need someone to explain "in-game" to you?

Im not all that stupid
I just wanted to say in a less direct way that this is yet another feature request nobody needs - a waste of time.
Quote from ORION :Im not all that stupid
I just wanted to say in a less direct way that this is yet another feature request nobody needs - a waste of time.

Well, that's your opinion. Better present it in that way too

+1 for the suggestion, why not?
#13 - Gunn
My only concern is a potential lack of upload bandwidth, otherwise...
#14 - CSU1
Quote from Jakg :you dont, because you have just nicked someones skin. How do you know it isnt private?

Well I'm not trying to be smart, but if it's in my skin_x folder it's not very private is it?
I respect the fact some people might not want to give their skin away that's why I always ask first.
#15 - Jakg
Quote from CSU1 :Well I'm not trying to be smart, but if it's in my skin_x folder it's not very private is it?
I respect the fact some people might not want to give their skin away that's why I always ask first.

if you ask, then fine, but there are alot of people that dont, and end up using team skins, i know its on your pc, and it isnt very safe, but its called common courtesy, something quite alot of people don't seem to use BUT if you ask first then fine!
#16 - CSU1
Quote from Jakg :if you ask, then fine, but there are alot of people that dont, and end up using team skins, i know its on your pc, and it isnt very safe, but its called common courtesy, something quite alot of people don't seem to use BUT if you ask first then fine!

All is good so...
Does anyone know the answer to my question please?
Thank you
I don't think we really need this, so...
There are lots and lots of other, more important things to be done before this kind of "feature".
Quote from CSU1 :Ok, If I see a skin I like om x server while in pit, then I see it in my skin_x folder and then put it in the normal skin folder, how do I get LFS to "refresh" and see the new skin now in the data/skin folder?

I just guess it works the same as with the setups.
In that case you could
- switch to another car and then back to the one you want to use
or
- exit pit mode and shift+s again

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG