The online racing simulator
NASCAR - style CAR
(62 posts, started )

Poll : Do we need it in the game some time?

Yes
No
NASCAR - style CAR
we definitly need a NASCAR-style CAR!!
(also usable for drag-racing, which is treated kind of child-in-law-ish)

(i know we need everythign else to be improved first, but then....)
Good, close FXR racing at the oval = pretty nascar-like feel.
+1 Nascar & LFS ? OMG i think ill never leave my pc again
Nascar style would be great! 5.8L V8, i'm coming!
Quote from al heeley :Good, close FXR racing at the oval = pretty nascar-like feel.

close yes, but not at all i guess you played papys sims? Would be nice to see how lfs realizes this. Looking foward....S3 maybe?
Quote from al heeley :Good, close FXR racing at the oval = pretty nascar-like feel.

yep, the feeling is the closest at the moment, but its 4wd, less power, and the aerodynamics are not the same (nascar has tapes for coolergrill, almost no wings,...) and the rearwings are different as well...
and on top of that... the model does not look like actual NASCAR.

but yep FXR is the closest we have at the moment.

the "tape grill" option probably should come when it's possible to overheat the engine....
and nascars have a bigger engine: what is nascar feelin without v8 sound?
Quote from Fabri91 :and nascars have a bigger engine: what is nascar feelin without v8 sound?

FXR or close to it?
Specifications
what are the actuall specifications for a NASCAR-style Car?

V8 Engine
HP:
Wheight:
Length:
Gearing:
'Days of Thunder' is the closest I've been to NASCAR

It looked like great fun, I'd love to give it a try in LFS. I had a go on NASCAR 2003, but I've been playing LFS so much I don't feel comfortable in other racers.
I just want to point out to those of you who use NASCAR improperly; NASCAR is not a car. There is no such thing as "A NASCAR." NASCAR is a sanctioning body (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) just like the ACO, or the FIA. The cars themselves are called 'Stock Cars,' despite the fact they are no longer stock in the least.

Sorry... just a really big pet peeve of mine when someone says "a NASCAR" or "NASCARs."
http://www.jayski.com/pages/diff.htm

This has all the stats on the cars.

It doesn't say it, but the cars have 4 speed gearboxes.

This page also used to have ARCA specs, but they've gone
Quote from MAGGOT :I just want to point out to those of you who use NASCAR improperly; NASCAR is not a car. There is no such thing as "A NASCAR." NASCAR is a sanctioning body (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) just like the ACO, or the FIA. The cars themselves are called 'Stock Cars,' despite the fact they are no longer stock in the least.

Sorry... just a really big pet peeve of mine when someone says "a NASCAR" or "NASCARs."

thats the reason i've used the term: "Nascar-style Car". Stock-Car isn't apropriate and can lead to confusion....
Thats the specs for Nextel Cup

Engine
Cast Iron 5.7L V-8
Aluminum Cylinder Heads

Displacement:................ 358ci

Compression Ratio:......... 12:1

Horsepower (approx):...... 850@9000PRM

Torque:........................ 550 ft/lb @ 7500 RPM

Carburetor:................... 830cfm

Weight:........................ 3400lbs

Wheelbase:................... 110"

Height:........................ 51" (min)

Length:....................... 200.7"

Width:........................ 72.5"

Gear Ratio:.................. 2.90 to 6.50:1

Spolier:....................... 55" wide x 4.5" high

Gearbox: .................... 4 Speed
Quote from Fischfix :thats the reason i've used the term: "Nascar-style Car". Stock-Car isn't apropriate and can lead to confusion....

Indeed I was refferring to others in this thread (and in other NASCAR threads. )
IMO nascar should use 6spd transmissions, but that has nothing to do with LFS.
+1 and with the good old 4 speed gearbox 4 shizzle
+1 however any stock car would have to come with more oval tracks, and more varied ones. I don't like KY Oval because its flat out in all cars and too easy, I would like to see one with a lesser degree of banking or longer turns.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :+1 however any stock car would have to come with more oval tracks, and more varied ones. I don't like KY Oval because its flat out in all cars and too easy, I would like to see one with a lesser degree of banking or longer turns.

something like daytona or tally? +1
Quote from wheel4hummer :IMO nascar should use 6spd transmissions, but that has nothing to do with LFS.

Why? They spend the vast majority of their lives in a very small velocity range, so just need a few gears to get to that speed. It's not as though they do much charging from corner to corner (apart from the few road courses).
Quote from tristancliffe :Why? They spend the vast majority of their lives in a very small velocity range, so just need a few gears to get to that speed. It's not as though they do much charging from corner to corner (apart from the few road courses).

Er, Pocono?

+1 for the NASCAR type car with a bristol clone.
No point having one as long as we have only one boring "completely flatout" oval.
Quote from deggis :Now point having one as long as we have only one boring "completely flatout" oval.

booooo
+1 for nascar style
Quote from 510N3D :something like daytona or tally? +1

If we got a Daytona or Talledega type "super-speedway" (I don't think Kyoto could be called one, you would almost certainly have to brake for the last corner with 850bhp firing over 1500kg at it) then for "realism"'s sake we'd need restrictor plates on the Nascar type cars to limit them to 450ish bhp.

NASCAR - style CAR
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG