The online racing simulator
Small Camera Enhancements
(9 posts, started )
Some small tweeks to the camera system that would greatly help me produce footage are:

Mousewheel to control field of view so I can zoom the camera in realtime, meaning I can cover a race track with less static cameras (saves a LOT of work).

Also if the right mouse button view mode could be made to work as a toggle instead of having to hold it down that would be a bonus, as my finger can ache by the end of doing half a dozen cameras on a 30 minute race... It might mean my mouse lasts longer too
#2 - Lible
#3 - SamH
I don't know if I'm just stupid, or if this is a recent enhancement, but I've just discovered that not only do 5 and 6 adjust zoom but also 4 and 7 adjust zoom at a faster rate. This helps me bigtime!

I'd like to add a few requests/suggestions:-
Ability to configure a controller's axes to the Shift+U camera (including left/right, forwards/backwards, roll and zoom), so that I could use my (since LFS got installed) almost entirely redundant joystick rather like a helicopter. This might sound daft, but it would make camera control exceedingly versatile.

The switch between top-down and level cameras to be influenced by the move rate.

The ability to have separate FOV and directional values for each of these. Setting up a scene in video capture with from-to camera positions would be a huge plus.

Slower slowest movement. I'd like to move sideways slower, if at all possible. This is principally for when making slow-motion video capture.
I know LFS isn't a screenshot generator, but it does make for fantastic movies
I would like to see cameras on the car to jiggle a little bit when the car gets faster.

It would make a nice realistic effect in Replay Mode
#5 - Vain
I'd like to see cameras that can move outside the track borders to get more realistic camera angles. (Hint: Real cameras are sledomly *on* the track while cars are racing there. They are usually beside or above the track.)

Vain
yes Vain some kind of "Spectator View" would be nice
Quote from SamH :

I'd like to add a few requests/suggestions:-
Ability to configure a controller's axes to the Shift+U camera (including left/right, forwards/backwards, roll and zoom), so that I could use my (since LFS got installed) almost entirely redundant joystick rather like a helicopter. This might sound daft, but it would make camera control exceedingly versatile.

I can do this already. If your Joystick is configured as a separate input device. Just download the free program JoyToKey. It allows to you to assign Joystick functions(up to 16 joys) to variable Keyboard/Mouse inputs.
Just Assign : Arrow Keys / Ctrl+Arrows / Shift+Arrows / 4/ 5 / 6 / 7 / Mouse X & Y / Mouse Clicks to your Joystick movements/buttons. Then you should be able to control Shift-U mode with your good old Flight Stick.
joytokey: http://www.electracode.com/4/j ... y%20English%20Version.htm or...
joytokey: http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/I/JoyToKey/JoyToKey.htm
Quote from SamH :The switch between top-down and level cameras to be influenced by the move rate.

Well, your could write and outguage app. for this. (I dont know how) I Use the Change View Key Manually to change between top-down/level cams. I assigned the V key to a button on my joyad using the JoyToKey Program.

You might be able to fiddle with the JoyToKey, assigning fastrepeat and or the amount of movement sensed from the JOystick to fake the camera moving slowly.

Hope this hlelps you get what your after, well at least until LFS includes those particulars that your after.

With Shift-U Mode I've avoided having to purchase a Radio Controlled Car. I use my PS2 Pad.
#8 - Davo
I can't get noobtv to work, java sucks anyway. Why should we use another program to do something that should be in the game? Place your own cameras would be awesome.

+1
What about a /lookat command. Surely it would make it all a lot easier.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG