The online racing simulator
driving with mouse
(5 posts, started )
driving with mouse
Hello people how are you doing? surely there is a post of a guide to use mouse, but I can't find it.
I know it's old-fashioned to use a mouse in 2023 Uh-hu , but I'm still with my beloved mouse.
My question is, do you have a guide or the configuration to better control the car with this device?
Hello.

I've been driving with mouse for about 8 years or something like that.
These are the best settings I have. It should be noted that i don't race, so some settings may be changed to fit your needs.

I drive with hud view with the mouse always visible (toggle with shift+z, see message top left).
I could never get used to the steering gauge at the bottom, so instead i use the mouse to see where my steering position is at.

Hope this helps.
Attached images
GPC_LGXRoBEigW2N.png
Hi

Being an active mouse player nowadays and DFGT owner back in the days, personally i can just say that even properly tuned mouse steering is not half as fun as a cheap ffb wheel. In the other hand LFS is a most mouse-friendly simracing game so it will be pretty easy to manage how to make ur mouse driving to be "direct enough" maybe not best lap times, but fun

For ingame options its 0 steering centre reduction (to achieve good control when drifting 0 is necessary IMO), however this setting depends from person to person.
Button rate 10(max), as soon as it wont work as strictly ON and OFF even with this setting maxed out, but still gives advantage of precise throttle and brake control, speaking of which, i've seen some fast mouse players who use external drivers like VJOY with GlovePie scripts to map mouse buttons as virtual axes which are far more configurable and could be tuned separately for throttle and brake.
Then u may see an another important parameter related to steering in Options-Misc called "Analogue steer smooth", this one goes to 0 of course. Some people say that even ffb strength setting can affect the mouse steering too, so u may want to play with "."-more force and ","-less force parameters which could be set online when driving on track. Button binds and etc are personal preferencies, but classic LMB-throttle RMB-brake is just fine.

Speaking about more control, i'd just recommend to buy some decent gaming mice with adjustable DPI, then go in range of 800-3200 as soon as extra low values always provide some kind of input latency during slow movements, compared to fast moves which are always same in terms of sensor delay for the whole DPI range. So if u dont use flickshots while driving, that may be helpful. And otherwise some super high dpi modes may be jitterish especially in 10$ "gaming" mice with cheap hardware, so cranking up to highest possible setting is a bad idea.

When all software and hardware configurations are done just use sensitivity bar in your OS to adjust comfort steering range in LFS.

Hope this helps and excuse my poor english
Attached images
lfs_00000005.jpg
#4 - zeeaq
Quote from paket42x :then go in range of 800-3200 as soon as extra low values always provide some kind of input latency during slow movements, compared to fast moves which are always same in terms of sensor delay for the whole DPI range

Could you please elaborate what you mean by this?
Quote from zeeaq :Could you please elaborate what you mean by this?

He's referring to the mouse DPI, as it is most likely adjustable.

driving with mouse
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG