Cannot Delete Points
(7 posts, started )
Cannot Delete Points
Hey, guys,

I am new to Live For Speed, and I'm excited about modelling cars. I am working on my first model and have a question that I am certain is stupid, because I am stupid, but that I haven't been able to find answered previously in this forum or in the manual.

I am not able to delete points in the modeller. When I try to delete a point I get an error message that the point is in use. I tried exiting the program and entering the modeller directly from the entry page - thinking that maybe entering modeller from the editor is why the point might still be in use - but I still get the same message. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Elwood
Points are used by an tri(s). In order to delete the points you want, you first need to delete the tris connected to them

You can select the points you want to delete and click the button that says

Select the connected trangles.
Thank you. This is the first time I have modelled anything, so thank you for your response.
It would be nice if we could delete tris by deleting the points directly without having to go to tri and then back to point mode.
I was expecting that when a point was deleted, the surrounding triangles would just fill in the space, essentially shifting to a low(er) poly image.
No complaints though! The creators of this simulator deserve nothing by praise.
Quote from Elwood_Blues :I was expecting that when a point was deleted, the surrounding triangles would just fill in the space, essentially shifting to a low(er) poly image.

Select the point, hold control and select a nearby point and click "fuse to green" you will gain a similar effect.

Cannot Delete Points
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG