The online racing simulator
musik??????
(14 posts, started )
musik??????
i kno its spellt wrong but where is the music file in lfs and what formatt does it need to me inn
Quote from smokenyall :i kno its spellt wrong but where is the music file in lfs and what formatt does it need to me inn

Music is in the OGG folder. LFS requires that you have all music in OGG format in order for it to be chosen and played in the game.

If you want an OGG convertor, I suggest dbPowerAmp

You just right click any Mp3s or other popular audio formats, and choose to convert it -- and choose OGG.
Quote from smokenyall :i kno its spellt wrong but where is the music file in lfs and what formatt does it need to me inn

What? I sorta understood the first part, but what on Earth does "does it need to me inn" mean?
anyhow i doubt hes american
Quote from Clio-boy :How can I get the music I convert 2 play during game?

Clio-boy

I haven't got a clue, because nobody uses the music feature in LFS afaik.

You goto Options ---> Audio ---> and then click on the Channels button in the lower-right corner. What you do from there, I have no fracking idea illepall
I used to use music.

You click channel then you click 2 on the column that has 2 selected for the other music. What the hell am I talking about.

Right, the column that has 2 in for the LFS music (Feel the silence, refill etc....) you put 2 in for the music you added aswell.

Get me now

Also, Who sings Feel the silence.
#7 - Bean0
I just use Foobar to listen to music when racing, define a global hotkey for next track that isnt used by LFS and jobs a goodun
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Bean0 :I just use Foobar to listen to music when racing, define a global hotkey for next track that isnt used by LFS and jobs a goodun

hmmm, must try foobar (im an XMPlay fan, don't know why!)

EDIT - Note To Self - those snazzy 1000Kb/s Wma's you use make XMPlay use 10% MORE cpu usage than a good old 192 O_o

I've just installed Foobar to one partition, and am using my customized (read - bloated) version of XMPlay on another HDD

Ok, a 1106 Kpbs (VBR) recording of Linkin Park's somewhere i belong is 27 Mb and 3:33 long, 44.1 Khz, 16 Bit stereo in .wma

XMPlay - ~6.5% cpu, 7,814 K of RAM (7,272 when in "Full" mode)
Foobar - ~2% CPU, 20,000 k of RAM

Now a 209 kpbs (VBR) recording of "Apocalyse Please" in .wma is 4:13, and is 44.1 Khz, 16 Bit stereo as last time

XMPlay - ~4% of CPU, 6,080 K of RAM
Foobar - ~0% (well, i'd imagine it is less then 1, but cant be 0!) of CPU, 19,500 K of RAM

From memory - WMP used 50% cpu on occasion!

So Foobar uses a LOT less CPU, but a lot more ram

With an AMD 4000 64 (running at 4200 speed), and 1 Gb of Generic DDR400 RAM, which would be the best?
#9 - Bean0
Quote from Jakg :hmmm, must try foobar (im an XMPlay fan, don't know why!)

I moved to it from winamp and have never looked back.
It seems to be a lot less resource hungry, winamp used to lag LFS a bit.
Foobar is teh best! Winamp was good some years ago, but after whatever (I can't remember that company's name) bought it, it's getting worse with every update. Foobar also has many cool plugins and not so ricer interface.
Quote from MAGGOT :What? I sorta understood the first part, but what on Earth does "does it need to me inn" mean?

What format does it need to be in, I guess.
#11 - Jakg
I've just installed Foobar to one partition, and am using my customized (read - bloated) version of XMPlay on another HDD

Ok, a 1106 Kpbs (VBR) recording of Linkin Park's somewhere i belong is 27 Mb and 3:33 long, 44.1 Khz, 16 Bit stereo in .wma

XMPlay - ~6.5% cpu, 7,814 K of RAM (7,272 when in "Full" mode)
Foobar - ~2% CPU, 20,000 k of RAM

Now a 209 kpbs (VBR) recording of "Apocalyse Please" in .wma is 4:13, and is 44.1 Khz, 16 Bit stereo as last time

XMPlay - ~4% of CPU, 6,080 K of RAM
Foobar - ~0% (well, i'd imagine it is less then 1, but cant be 0!) of CPU, 19,500 K of RAM

From memory - WMP used 50% cpu on occasion!

So Foobar uses a LOT less CPU, but a lot more ram

With an AMD 4000 64 (running at 4200 speed), and 1 Gb of Generic DDR400 RAM, which would be the best?

ok - and once i've decided what app to use - what format is best? i assume less bitrate = less power needed to decode, so for LFSing im looking at 128 Kbps WMA, but would OGG or the like use less power?
My solution:

Made a car radio app into LFS. (Actually it's part of a larger package with more tools). It uses WinAmp to play music, but to me this is no prob, cause WinAmp seems to use 0%(<1%) all the time and it has no noticeable effect on LFS (usually playing MP3s). If that foobar and others have decent remote controller plugins it would be easy to support them too (otherwise needs to write a new plugin like for WinAmp)

It doesn't use any global keys so it cannot interfere with anything. You just bind some message key(s) in LFS. Good in this is that it sends back information too (like song names). This is useful especially when you have no idea about the music it is playing (like listening to a network radio station) The attached pic has some text it displays.
Attached images
lfs_music.jpg
Quote from Jakg :ok - and once i've decided what app to use - what format is best? i assume less bitrate = less power needed to decode, so for LFSing im looking at 128 Kbps WMA, but would OGG or the like use less power?

Well, what do you want - Quality, perfomance or size?

I suggest musepack. Currently my foobar (0.9.1) is using 10 500 K memory, ~0-5% CPU (Opera also running, Athlon 3700) on ~230kbps 44100Hz mpc
#14 - Jakg
hmmmm, i might try that, but thats the same footprint as XMPlay uses atm

musik??????
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG