The online racing simulator
Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :If it's not too late, since you reached to lights update, is it possible to think about suggestion #5 from this post:

"5. Add: Multiple maps for same light map e.g. "l_tail1, l_tail2, l_tail3....l_tail9" (therefore no need for side/top maps + more light variations possible)."

This is already possible:

Quote from Scawen :Lights:

Multiple mappings per special name e.g. more than one l_head
- a second word is allowed e.g. 'l_head front' / 'l_head top'
- the second word is only to make it clearer for the mod creator
- extra names such as l_sbrk and l_tbrk are no longer needed
- reduced number of special light mapping names from 18 to 12
- mesh configurations are now fully supported by the lights
- e.g. separate mappings like 'l_head stock' and 'l_head sport'
- NOTE: maximum of 4 mappings per special name in a configuration
- NOTE: all mappings in use in a group must share a single texture

Thanx, Flame.
I'm feeling dumb twice. Rofl

Sorry I was in cave for a while... (actually got some intense job with not much free time).

Then once again: THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH SCAWEN! YOU THE BEST!!! 15 year dreams coming true.
I humbly disappear, packed with everything I need to produce mods and waiting for the LFS night Wink
Tnx very much Scawen, you're the man.
Test Patch D56 is now available for test patch users! Smile

Changes in D56

Transparency now works correctly with popup headlight objects
Popup headlights now support flip function

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
I can see real passion and determination to get the big update out from you scawen I must say we all appreciate the effort Smile
D56 bug
There seems to be a weird bug where textures and triangles suddenly dissappear on certain places or angles, not sure what can cause this but it has only happened since i updated to D56
Attached images
lfs_00000150.jpg
lfs_00000151.jpg
lfs_00000152.jpg
lfs_00000149.jpg
Thanks, I can reproduce this and can fix it.

Reproduce: 3 reapers, at Autocross. TAB between the bikes in driver view.
D57 is now released with the fix for the transparency bug.

Quote from chucknorris :I'd like to propose a change to either - generally hide them on cruise hosts
- or (preferably) extending the Insim protocol by a flag, as shown below:

I've done as you requested but it's the 0x80 bit.

I haven't actually tested it because I have too much to do right now. The code is so simple though, avoids a message if that bit is set. Please let me know if it works.

// NOTE: The 'silent' flag in bit 7 (0x80) avoids showing a message on player's screen.

struct PlayerHCap // Player handicaps in 4 bytes - there is an array of these in the PLH (below)
{
byte PLID; // player's unique id
byte Flags; // bit 0: set Mass / bit 1: set TRes (e.g. Flags=3 to set both) / bit 7: silent
byte H_Mass; // 0 to 200 - added mass (kg)
byte H_TRes; // 0 to 50 - intake restriction
};

DOWNLOAD: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
Hello. First of all, some of the test patches were related to lights. Many players think that working on this lighting system will bring night modes that we can test in the future. Yes, you have a lot of work, I understand you very well, you are very busy before the 7E version is released. If it is as we think, and the low beam high beam operation is for this, I have another suggestion. When I reviewed the videos on the Live for speed YouTube channel, I could not see any interior lighting in the vehicles. I saw that the light from the headlights of the vehicles illuminated the interior of the vehicle. Interior lighting may be needed for this. It can be opened and closed optionally. The reason I suggest this is because I don't want to give suggestions outside the scope of future test patches. thanks for everything.
Quote from Scawen :
I've done as you requested but it's the 0x80 bit.

I haven't actually tested it because I have too much to do right now. The code is so simple though, avoids a message if that bit is set. Please let me know if it works.

[code]// NOTE: The 'silent' flag in bit 7 (0x80) avoids showing a message on player's screen.

--snip--

The silent flag works nicely. But I think the restriction doesn't get capped at 50% and it killed the sound when I set it to 100 :-)

Added mass seems to be limited.

edit: only insim affected, the builtin-command seems to respect the 50% limit
Thanks for the test. The limit bug is known and fixed in the code, will be there in the official version hosts.
if it is fast and simple to change, would it be possible to get those handicap mass increased for trucks and busses ? it's always 200kgs max
would be nice to be able to load some tons in those big things, even if we cant position them vertically
Unfortunately, it is not simple or easy. The value is stored in a single byte and is included in setups and all over the place. To increase it to 250 would be relatively easy in an incompatible version, but any more than 255 would need a different system. This system was designed purely for balancing racing car performance, not loading trucks.
Would be possible and easy to implement a new LFS command similar to the "setlaps" but in this case to set mandatory pit stop completed yes no for a player?

My use case is to restore if the player did the mandatory pitstop after reconnecting, currently can I restore his laps, but he is forced to do another pit stop even if he previously completed it otherwise LFS will disqualify him.

I would use it also when we have a race with 2 mandatory pitstops, it would be good to set it to no so the player knows that must do another pit stop instead of showing OK in the F12
Quote from RealistAdam :When I reviewed the videos on the Live for speed YouTube channel, I could not see any interior lighting in the vehicles. I saw that the light from the headlights of the vehicles illuminated the interior of the vehicle. Interior lighting may be needed for this. It can be opened and closed optionally. The reason I suggest this is because I don't want to give suggestions outside the scope of future test patches. thanks for everything.

Quote from NeOn_sp :Would be possible and easy to implement a new LFS command similar to the "setlaps" but in this case to set mandatory pit stop completed yes no for a player?

Guys, keep it test patch related please. Suggestions go to the vehicle mods forum or improvement suggestions forum.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/532-Mods-System-Suggestions
https://www.lfs.net/forum/8-Improvement-Suggestions
Quote from Flame CZE :Guys, keep it test patch related please. Suggestions go to the vehicle mods forum or improvement suggestions forum.

A study on the lights was already carried out in these tests. This is how one of my suggestions was added to the game. I thought of one last suggestion about lights and wanted to share it. Please, when you read this message, please move my suggestion to the category you specified.
And how about you guys stop with suggestions for some time? Scawen worked entire weekend and also kept going through monday, he needs some rest.
Quote from rane_nbg :And how about you guys stop with suggestions for some time? Scawen worked entire weekend and also kept going through monday, he needs some rest.

Bro these test patches are for making suggestions and reporting bugs. I am doing my duty as a test user. You can do your duty as player too. You can respect everyone's opinion. Don't flatter yourself.
I think I found a bug between the editor and game version, when using a skin to paint on the hvac on my mod, I have it set for full flip, so the texture should not flip when going between driving sides.

In the editor, it seems to transition sides correctly, in the game the texture flips.

Gold handle is game (incorrect) red handle is editor (correct)
Attached images
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 11.41.20 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 11.39.27 AM.png
Quote from Flame CZE :Guys, keep it test patch related please. Suggestions go to the vehicle mods forum or improvement suggestions forum.

Sorry, I couldn't contain.

I wasn't going to suggest it at all until I saw in the patch notes that some similar commands were created, like /h_mass username X, so perhaps its possible to do it now, fingers crossed.

In any case, superb work Scawen, this test patch serie is huge and big improvement in general
Quote from OpenClutch :I think I found a bug between the editor and game version, when using a skin to paint on the hvac on my mod, I have it set for full flip, so the texture should not flip when going between driving sides.

In the editor, it seems to transition sides correctly, in the game the texture flips.

This seems to be the negative effect of this change done in D55:

Quote from Scawen :Changes in D55:
Skin mappings that move with driver side swaps no longer avoid flip

I suggested it in this thread.

Not sure what to do in this case Uhmm
Quote from OpenClutch :I think I found a bug between the editor and game version, when using a skin to paint on the hvac on my mod, I have it set for full flip, so the texture should not flip when going between driving sides.

OK, as Flame says, there was a change.

I have two questions, please let me know the answers.

1) Are you sure it's different between game and editor, if you use the latest game and editor? This was changed yesterday, and should be consistent (even if "wrong") if you use editor and game D56 or later.

2) Assuming that you install the editor and game D56 or later, and find they are consistent but wrong, can you try renaming your mapping starting "U_" e.g. "U_name". This special prefix should avoid the flip, the only problem is you can't have it as a user custom colour in that case (as they start M1_ and C1_ etc. Is that a problem in your case?
Hey Scawen,

1) My apologies, I was on D54, after updating to D56 it was now matching the game behaviour. I'll make sure to double check for next time.

2) After naming the cutouts U_ worked like a charm, I don't need colourable in this case like M1, C1, etc., as in Flame's case.

All in all, I'm good to go now, I really appreciate the work on these awesome updates, it's inspiring to put the extra detail into our mods.
OK, thanks.

The change was that previously, skins used that U_ method automatically, but the mod creator had no control over it.

The hope is that it's not usually a problem, because skinned areas do not normally swap sides. I'm still awaiting reports of issues, and hoping those reports don't come after 0.7E is released. Schwitz
Quote from Scawen :OK, thanks.

The change was that previously, skins used that U_ method automatically, but the mod creator had no control over it.

The hope is that it's not usually a problem, because skinned areas do not normally swap sides. I'm still awaiting reports of issues, and hoping those reports don't come after 0.7E is released. Schwitz

the light extra of other vehicles is not visible
This thread is closed

Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG