The online racing simulator
Possible to hide certain game messages when watching Single Player replays?
I did initially thought this was a bug, but there's a possibility it's not after all. I originally made a note about this in the newest test patch (LFS 0.7D60) when I first discovered it:
Quote from tankslacno :Related to this test patch: bug when viewing replays

If you watch a replay of a session, where you have used /h_mass and/or /h_tres command on yourself, that cyan "Handicaps" message is still printed out on your screen...

So, here's a thing: if you're on single player and try to either:
A) Toggle on pit speed limiter or traction control when your current vehicle does not have one. (Doesn't matter if it's a mod or standard LFS car)

B) Use command /h_mass [username] [x] or /h_tres [username] [x] on yourself. (These commands were introduced in 0.7D50.)

What will happen is that if you watch a replay of a single player session where you have tried to done either of those on yourself, you still see that information message about it appearing on chat. If it's about toggling pit speed limiter or traction control, you see a message telling that your current car doesn't have one. If it's about using /h_mass or /h_tres command on yourself, you see a message showing your updated handicaps.

So let's say, you're in single player and you repeatedly try to toggle pit lane speed limiter or traction control on a car that doesn't have those, you will see that information message appearing repeatedly on your screen. If you watch a replay of it, you will still see that message flooding on chat.

Also, it's strange that only some of those messages appear again on replays; for example, information about your current InSim port does not appear anymore when viewing replay. This got me wondering, is it because they're displayed in different color (other than default color) being a reason why they're also displayed on replays?

I also tested this on 0.6V3, and same thing happened, so I know it's not a recently introduced bug. Either it's an old bug or a feature, but in any case, my question is: is there any way to hide these messages from appearing when viewing replays? And I mean permanently.

In other words, is there a setting in LFS or cfg.txt (or interface_cfg.txt) file where I can hide those informational messages appearing again when watching a replay?

I know I could use either press Shift + F twice or Shift + Minus to block them from appearing. But using those hides all other relevant information as well.

One thing I should mention is that I recently bought a new laptop and installed fresh LFS 0.7D and 0.6V3 into it. So it's possible, there is some kind of setting that causes this to happen. On my old computer, I don't remember seeing this happening.

And one thing to mention, this does not happen in multiplayer replays, only in single player replays.

In case you want to reproduce this, here's a best way to do it:
1) Go to Single Player

2) Choose car without speed limiter/traction control and start session

3) Press keys (either just once or repeatedly, doesn't matter) which would normally toggle those on/off to see that message it not being possible to enable on chat. If you have 0.7D50 or newer, you can also use those /h_tres and /h_mass commands on yourself to see that updated handicaps you currently have on your car.

4) Save a replay of that session and watch it. You will still see those informational messages appear on chat.

I've attached a screenshot about this situation to explain it better.
Attached images
LFS_ReplayMessage.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG