The online racing simulator
Himalaya Six
Progress on my main project is very slow, so I have started another side project to enjoy a faster progress. I have picked a 1920s luxury car made in Czechoslovakia. It was equipped with 2.3-litre inline six and an innovative independent suspension, which can be well replicated in the LFS. It is the last car from my wishlist. The model will be made by sight from historic photos, because I was not able to find any blueprints.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_00.jpg
Progress: added gaps between panels, side wents and doors.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_01.jpg
#3 - Kova.
Quote from Kova. :Kinda reminds me the citroen rosalie Big grin...

Cars from those times look quite similar Big grin Originally I wanted to create a big American car such as 1929 Stutz Blackhawk and was thinking about Rosalie too (because I have a complete documentation and a finished chassis). At the end I have picked a 1926 Tatra 17/31 because it had a fully independent suspension.

Progress: defined physics and created wheels. Started with a windshield and mudguards. The car is not well documented and gear ratios were taken from its successor - Tatra 70. The gear ratios works fine, as the top speed and aerodynamics are similar and both cars had direct drive on fourth gear.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_02.jpg
Progress: added details to the front. Created headlights and mirrors. Defined visible suspension tubes.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_03.jpg
Progress: tuned physics. Started working on the rear and bottom of the model. The car is slow, but fun to drive. The suspension seems accurate, comfortable and quite bumpy on the limit as a real 1920s car. Wheel sizes had to be approximated, because LFS does not support such old tire ratios. The 20 inch wheel was approximated using a 21 inch wheel to preserve full diameter of the tire.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_04.jpg
Progress: started with interior.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_05.jpg
You are fast in modelling Big grin
Quote from Tuttu The Dog :You are fast in modelling Big grin

1920s cars were usually simple and boxy, so it is much easier than recreating a modern car.

Progress: added seats
Attached images
himalaya_progress_06.jpg
Progress: optimized mudguards, working on an interior, optimized brakes, adjusted seat positions.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_07.jpg
Progress: modeled chassis and gearbox. Minor shading fixes.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_08.jpg
Progress: finished a roof. Added tailights and a 3D door trimming. A basic body model is done. Started working on materials and textures.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_09.jpg
Progress: added interior and exterior handles, a steering wheel, an additional light, a complete LOD2 a 1920s working side indicator (with rotating arrow) and started working on a dashboard (textures are temporary to debug topology issues)

Attached images
himalaya_progress_10.jpg
Progress: finished a steering wheel, created drivers animation and added clocks (textures are temporary)

Attached images
himalaya_progress_11.jpg
Progress: started with my favorite part - textures and shading. Made a realistic wooden dashboard using a photo of my furniture and some normal tweaks.

Attached images
himalaya_progress_12.jpg
Beautiful Heart
Thanks for support Smile

Progress: finished an interior ambient occlusion, textured a chassis and clocks, added number-plates and functional headlights. Added a skin support. Updated default colors according to last existing vehicles (+ added one bonus taxi skin). The car is ready for a review.

Attached images
himalaya04.jpg
himalaya00.jpg
Well, another gem with an amazing attention to detail for everything that makes a mod, from 3d modelling to physics, textures and sound.
I specially like the wonderfull interior and headlights shine, and suspensions seems to work pretty well.
Mr Salieri sends his regards.
Quote from turbofan :Well, another gem with an amazing attention to detail for everything that makes...

Thanks a lot for support Smile Despite some negative star ratings, the mod physics should be accurate and currently it has the most realistic 1920s chassis in the game. It is not because it is crafted better (I love all current 1920s mods, they are my favorites Heart ) but because Tatra used a fully independent suspension which is supported in the current LFS version. Back in time it was extremely rare. For example Mercedes-Benz started to use similar independent suspension in 1930s.

Quote from jackson93 :Mr Salieri sends his regards.

I confess that was my inspiration for the mod and it explains the bonus taxi skin too Big grin

Update: added an open configuration and new colors according to contemporary brochures. Derivatives are allowed, so car parts can be freely reused for next historic and hotrod projects Smile

Attached images
himalaya07.jpg

Himalaya Six
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG