The online racing simulator
Nice model and very well researched. Definetely not a certain 1967 Lotus Thumbs up
I had a go with this car and found the handling very sketchy. So I made a setup to compensate for my lack of skill. It adds a lot of caster to improve stability and wheel feedback. The suspension is set to squat down under power, so the sudden power oversteer is almost gone. Now you get a progressive transition from neutral handling to power oversteer. While the car does understeer more now, it will still rotate off the throttle. Trail braking is more controllable now aswell. It basically handles like the Wessex without downforce now.
I dont know how realistic this setup would be (especially the caster angle and the shock absorbers) but I think it could be included as a standard setup with the download to make the car more beginner friendly. Give it a go and tell me what you think!
Attached files
75A6F4_[training].set - 132 B - 97 views
Quote from LE_TANCKER :Give it a go and tell me what you think!

I gave it a quick go - great setup and much easier to drive ...

I agree on the caster but I was using what the real car used. Apparently it was "up on it's toes", difficult to drive and required subtle inputs so maybe that's what the default setup simulates. Also, with the "old" physics (as I understand it) there is an unrealistically large amount of weight transfer so maybe that explains things further.

What I don't like is the way the car looks with your setup. This may be as much my fault as I modeled the car to sit right on the default setup and this is quite different.

Overall I don't think I will add it to the download. I think you are doing some clever stuff and I will try to learn from that when I do the setups for the new physics.
Quote from teeembo :I gave it a quick go - great setup and much easier to drive ...

I agree on the caster but I was using what the real car used. Apparently it was "up on it's toes", difficult to drive and required subtle inputs so maybe that's what the default setup simulates. Also, with the "old" physics (as I understand it) there is an unrealistically large amount of weight transfer so maybe that explains things further.

What I don't like is the way the car looks with your setup. This may be as much my fault as I modeled the car to sit right on the default setup and this is quite different.

Overall I don't think I will add it to the download. I think you are doing some clever stuff and I will try to learn from that when I do the setups for the new physics.

Yeah, I just noticed that the front sits too high up with my setup. The AI seem to prefer the standard setup aswell, so it is technically faster overall (?). I'm going to do a few more laps and maybe get a better feel for the car.

I agree on the physics problem, but I believe it's the "old" tire model. There seems to be too much wheel slip before the traction breaks off completely. Works great on roadcars, but the lighter cars (on road tires) generally feel lose.
I guess I might post the last iteration of my set
It went more stable still, give it a try.
Attached files
75A6F4_t15.1.set - 132 B - 98 views
Quote from Eclipsed :Any chance of this car getting a full skin support?

Skin support added but I have retained the separate number roundel. Hopefully this is the best compromise to retain the original concept of allowing quick and easy, unique colours with a number that can be created in any basic paint package and is high res. Smile

Attached images
F67L_skinned.jpg
How about an old school short distance Grand Prix race in London's borough with this death trap? Not sure if there are enough ambulance cars around today... Looking

Attached the RTFR promo skin in case someone likes it to have even if it's design is a bit out of car's time.
Full event info and links to livestream: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/109134-341st-RTFR
Attached images
RTFRpre.jpg
75A6F4_RTFR-Promo.jpg
Quote from Eclipsed :... death trap? ...

Big grin

Not sure it's the best combo from a pure racing point of view but it should be "interesting" Uhmm

I hope people enjoy the challenge!!!
Quote from teeembo :Big grin

Not sure it's the best combo from a pure racing point of view but it should be "interesting" Uhmm

I hope people enjoy the challenge!!!

anything is good on SO4R, even FBM Big grin
For those who missed - video on demand from today's race,works as a showcase for the car:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG