The online racing simulator
Packet loss
(6 posts, started )
Packet loss
Hello,

Lately, I've been having more and more issues with connection to LFS Servers. Note that it's ONLY LFS, nothing else. While I can't play LFS, everything else works fine. This has never happened to me before, I have no idea what's wrong - could be my ISP but I doubt it because, like I said before - everything else works fine.
The issue is that a lot of ping requests time out:

Connecting to servers with the IP 188.122.74.155 results in a successful connection, but uses only TCP for position updates.
VPN is a solution that works, but I'd prefer not using VPN.
I'd really appreciate any help!

Issue doesn't happen at all times, it looks random
I don't imagine that I can help with this but usually such issues are on the internet, somewhere between your computer and our servers.

You could try a traceroute for more information than ping.

What type of internet connection do you have? I believe that these days most problems related to UDP packets are something to do with the use of a mobile phone as a wifi hotspot.
I use ethernet, fiber.
Randomly, I suddenly see all cars disappear, then I lose connection and I can't connect anymore (every other service works perfectly fine!)
However, ever since I created this thread, it was fine.
What's weird is that I could connect to a few servers that use the .155 IP (TCP only), but .156 was unresponsive
I did a tracert another day when the issue happened, this one is for the .156 IP:

And the following is .155:

Both screenshots were made when I had issues connecting to servers.
All I can say at this point is that the internet is quite strange at times and I do know of other cases where, temporarily, a user in one location has a different experience connecting to different servers of ours despite them being together on a single rack. And at the same time, every other LFS user reports no issues at all.

Sometimes internet connectivity is extremely strange and is not really possible to understand without some in depth knowledge of what happens at every step between one computer and another.

Sometimes issues are resolved in minutes, sometimes days, they may be a one off or they may be recurrent.

Basically there are sometimes unexplained, full or partial, blockages between one point on the internet and another, and we are unlikely to ever understand why that is the case.
I am experienceing these issues too recently, previously not, it's after updating to latest patch.
Attached images
Screenshot 2024-07-27 184829.png
Screenshot 2024-07-27 184912.png
I fixed it by trying various IP addresses like

s1.lfs.net
s2.lfs.net
s3.lfs.net
s4.lfs.net
s5.lfs.net

it turned out for me only s3.lfs.net works, others are not availaible, or only sometimes...

so i edited file in
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

and there I forced the IP to be that of s3.lfs.net whenever it asks for any other name...
now it works without any issue

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

2a00:1630:45::150 s1.lfs.net
2a00:1630:45::150 s2.lfs.net
2a00:1630:45::150 s3.lfs.net
2a00:1630:45::150 s4.lfs.net
2a00:1630:45::150 s5.lfs.net

Packet loss
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG