The online racing simulator
Improve my shifting
Hi all, apologies if this was mentioned already, as far as I tried I couldn't find any help related to this.
I'm a beginner driving XFG on Blackwood and I'm trying to improve my times, so I'm checking the data of my laps.
I see that I'm losing time on my shifting compared to a record lap data.

See the green (the record one) is so smooth barely losing any speed on shifting, while I'm falling behind which each shifts.
I'm using a TM T300 shifting with the flaps behind the wheel in sequential mode.
I tried lifting the accelerator or staying on it, using a button clutch or the auto-clutch, basically, no difference
I'm open for suggestions how to improve and have that smooth acceleration even when shifting , without losing speed.
Cheers
It's probably about car set, particulairly gearbox and differential. If you have a wr set or similair good one already, then the only thing left is when you do the upshifts. It's recommended to do it at about 7500rpm, but it can also be somewhat lower, not more. Also be very careful with your downshifts as you can damage engine with >8k rpm. You can use F9 key to monitor engine damage and clutch temperature, keep them in good condition at all times.

If you're doing 1:34's in XFG at BL1 that's already quite good. These things you mention start to matter only once you get to high 1:33's and better.
Most of WR's has been achieved with button clutch and macros to make the shifting instant.
Let say even more - any button-to-axis emulation inside LFS requiers the button to be held down for atleast 100ms to hit 100% of ingame axis, so the regular button clutch is kinda delayed
In the other hand, some external software(hello, WR holdersBig grin) is able to emulate virtual axis with near zero response time so the limitation is bypassed. Add macro and u will get an extremely fast button shifting and automatic clutch.
It seems you are already beginning the timed lap with less speed. Maybe see if you can take a different line approaching the s/f line.
You can try WR set by downloading the spr from hotlaps site, than start the replay of it, press ESC->"Test drive" or something like that. It will launch an hotlap mode with an setup from the WR. Than you can either just try to drive on it (not rly recommend for skill progression, but if you're really hungry for that lap breaking record) or only copy the gears by observing speed achived at each redline position.
Thank you all for the replies, with more practice I managed to get 1.34.41 so far as the best, possible another 1-2 tenth but without script clutch shifting whatever I don't think I can go lower.
Also, for a friend, is there any place I can find scripts or macro settings for Thrustmuster TX wheel? I found a logitech description but that is not for me.

Improve my shifting
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG