The online racing simulator
Lag when drivers left pits
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Abone
Hello.

I faced hard lag every time drivers left pits. I disable download skins, using every setting on low and nothing solve it. I can drive with everyone using every mod at 50-75fps. I think main issues is loading cars.
Hey! It's due to the mod vehicle loading into the server, live. Most mods are high poly count and the more complex the model the higher processing it needs. Especially with more detailed track world like Rockingham or Westhill, plus 40 other vehicles, volia you get lag.

Having a better CPU with greater processing power and a more competant GPU will minimise this lag. However I already have the average setup of an i7 core and 1050Ti and still have lag on car spawns, so that's a normal thing now.

Similar lag occurs if there is a pile up comprising of many mod cars. As the softbody damage occurs it the lag also spikes.
on a sidenote, if the mods are so complex why is it that every mod appears as a blocky box at larger distances
lfs """"modders""" need to learn what LODs are
Quote from taipalsaari :on a sidenote, if the mods are so complex why is it that every mod appears as a...

Any mod must have 24 triangle LOD because it's basically collision model and without that u can't upload ur car so u're wrong here.

I remember having spawn lag issue before mods Wink
Quote from taipalsaari :on a sidenote, if the mods are so complex why is it that every mod appears as a...

Yes and they are using them. There are 3 LOD's, LOD1 is full car model, while LOD2 and LOD3 are reduced versions with progressively lower poly count, that you will see in distance, if multiplayer LOD reduction option is enabled in options/misc. As mentioned before, LOD3 the boxy one is used as physics for collisions.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG