The online racing simulator
hotlap feedback?
(7 posts, started , go to first unread)
hotlap feedback?
hi!

Is it ok to ask for hotlap feedback? I'm new to sim racing and been trying to work on BL1 / XF GTI and get consistent. Its been about 2 weeks and I cant seem to break 1:40. No idea if that's a good place to be in or if I'm going the right direction. Any thoughts / observations welcome! Let me know what I should work on to improve my lap times.

This is my fastest 1st sector so far, and then I lost the time again on the other sectors:

https://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=123962

thx!!
I think 1:35 would be a good time to aim for.

First, looks like you might be fighting the car a bit, if you don't have a setup, try some from here, i quite like this one, decent general-purpose set.
https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/5361/XFG-bl1-race

the mistakes i see are:

T1 - Locking up on braking, too much coasting off-throttle brake.
T4 - Narrow on the exit of the chicane, turning to the inside of the track for no reason, wouldn't cost you that much time, but it's extra distance.
T5 - Too narrow on the entry, too much coasting off-throttle/brake, you miss the apex, apply too much lock/throttle and lose the car mid-corner.
Aim for slightly in front of the white tyre stack and track out wide on exit.
T6/7 - you turn in a bit too early, too much lock/throttle again and loss of control in the middle of the chicane.
T8 - you shold stay closer to the left on the straight/kink leading to this corner and approach it parallel with the kerbs, you're angled towards the track edge, effectively sharpening the curve for no reason.
Again too much coasting, exit is a bit all over the place in terms of line.
T9 - good use of track on entry in this corner, but apex too early and clipping the inside kerb which you want to avoid. It's a difficult corner to master, you kinda want to ease the car through it, correct line is worth a lot of time. You can take a fair amount of kerb on exit.

In general, i'd focus on being smoother on your pedal and steering inputs (second sector and last turn the best examples) and spending less time letting the car coast without brake or throttle. Also improving your racing lines and using the width of track.

Try the setup i linked. I'm also attaching my hotlap under this post. While still far away from the really fast guys, you can use it as a reference to what i'm talking about in this post
Attached files
johneysvk_BL1_XFG_134300.spr - 66.7 KB - 29 views
Thanks johneysvk!
I was wondering what is the best possible no cheat (not even using script!) time on BL1 with the XFG? I'd like to think it's not possible to go below 1.34 without cheating. Can someone convince me otherwise? Smile
#5 - Racon
The hotlap record is 1:32.96 and the only one in the 32s, but there's about 100 in the 33s Cool

You can download the replay here to get some hints as to how to attack the lap Thumbs up
'people faster than me are cheating'
classic Smile

there is something to be said about abusing button clutch on this combo, but still, under 1:34 is perfectly possible
Quote from johneysvk :'people faster than me are cheating'...

yeah, roight? lol

under 1:34 is perfectly possible
I hope so, I'll have to check more replays and analytics where to improve.

hotlap feedback?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG