credits
Bring back the credits! but we have to use them more often:
Refuel
New Tires
Repair

INSURANCE!
#2 - filur
-my amount of credits
-9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

-1 for any credits or forced tutorials, anyone who has bought S2 should be able to hop straight in any car.
-1 for any paying for repairs.
#4 - dev
Big no no illepall
#5 - Gunn
Kimi pulls up in the McLaren pit box:

KIMI: "I seem to have left my credit card and money in my other suit...."
MECHANIC: "Sorry we can't make wing adjustments or add fuel unless you pay"
KIMI: "But I don't finish many races lately, I can't afford to buy these things"
MECHANIC: "Too bad, you'll have to retire"

Currently, credits in LFS are as good as random numbers from Matlab's rand() function (aka USELESS). Paying points for fuel, tires, etc is only going to kill practice time and turn the whole race into a rich man dominats all the time afair (as if I don't get enough of that s**t IRL!).

We could use points to unlock cars like in S1, but it's obvious that that was a very short term idea that didn't work and caused massive frustration. to new licnecees (danmit, I just paid to NOT drive the FZR! ). One could us points as credits for some race performance upgrade system, but I've seen too much opposition to it. Some current adjustments are just too arbitrary and ridiculous. For instance, when was the last time you could adjust maximum brake force directly in Nms? A need to get credits to acquire race worthy brakes would force newcomers and noobs to race against players with like specced cars and AI before taking on anything serious. Goes a long way to improving skill and avoiding random pileups. Though implementation of this plan might be painful for some, it's still much more realistc than some brakeforce adjuster bar.

Just some suggestions.

Unless there's a good modification scheme, otherwise the points sytem gets:

-10^99

from me.
#8 - Lible
-1. Maybe as a server-side mod... but not everywhere. For cops and robbers .

Quote from Gunn :Kimi pulls up in the McLaren pit box:

KIMI: "I seem to have left my credit card and money in my other suit...."
MECHANIC: "Sorry we can't make wing adjustments or add fuel unless you pay"
KIMI: "But I don't finish many races lately, I can't afford to buy these things"
MECHANIC: "Too bad, you'll have to retire"

LOL!! Good one
I'd be in favour of race upgrades, but only sensible ones. For instance; a high-downforce upgrade for the GTR cars. Could be illustrated with added diveplanes, and larger wing endplates. Advantage would be increased downforce, disadvantage would be increased drag. This would be something only run on tracks like south city and fern bay where top speed is not as important, and the upgrade would be 'un installed' for tracks like Aston and Blackwood.

Also, larger brake ducting for tracks like Fern bay and South City. Advantage is cooler brakes which won't wear out as fast, disadvantage is increased drag.

Ideas like that I could support, although maybe not using the credit system at all as it would be an annoyance. Using credits for any must-need items like fuel and the like is a definate -1 for me.

That way its not just a "buy the best" like in NFS:U, it is a purposeful upgrade which does not suit all tracks/drivers. This sort of thing is done in the real world too (especially in F1 and LeMans type enduro racing).
Quote from MAGGOT :I'd be in favour of race upgrades, but only sensible ones. For instance; a high-downforce upgrade for the GTR cars. Could be illustrated with added diveplanes, and larger wing endplates. Advantage would be increased downforce, disadvantage would be increased drag. This would be something only run on tracks like south city and fern bay where top speed is not as important, and the upgrade would be 'un installed' for tracks like Aston and Blackwood.

Also, larger brake ducting for tracks like Fern bay and South City. Advantage is cooler brakes which won't wear out as fast, disadvantage is increased drag.

Ideas like that I could support, although maybe not using the credit system at all as it would be an annoyance. Using credits for any must-need items like fuel and the like is a definate -1 for me.

That way its not just a "buy the best" like in NFS:U, it is a purposeful upgrade which does not suit all tracks/drivers. This sort of thing is done in the real world too (especially in F1 and LeMans type enduro racing).

That's the kind of modification scheme I REALLY want for LFS. RL style, sensible race upgrades to suit each environment. IRL, a racer CANNOT do well with no fundamental knowledge and understanding of car dynamics coupled with a good understanding of the effects and tradeoffs of each mod.

Ricer madness should be relegated to NFS:U sytyle arcadish affairs. A properly implemented race mod system for LFS would only bring more depth to its racing simulation and help showcase how potentially good the LFS physics engine truely is.
Jamexing you are spot on. Besides the whole concept of credits is a long way removed from reality, who ever raced cars sucessfully without pots of money? The answer is no-one, whether they started off broke and remortgaged their house (Mansell) or found themselves a wealthy backer (Button) the fact is you dont go to the race track without any "credits" (Rose).
ok, bad idea

but it would work for cops and robbers!
Can't imagine how cool it would be to be able to actually pay the 'speeding ticket' to the police in a ridiculous maze built on a parking lot from my stash of credits I earned by.. by.. signalling and not speeding?

:sleep1: :bananadea

credits
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG