The online racing simulator
Strange "crashing"
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Lible
Strange "crashing"
At the last weeks, when I exit LFS, the screen crashes. It also happens sometimes, when using SHIFT+F4, but then I can fix the problem, by pressing them again. BUT, 75% of times I exit LFS it happens.

Well, basically, there is just some crap on the screen (My English is not good enough to describe it), when it happens. I'm using U20. A bug?
Erm, without knowing what the "crap on the screen" is, who knows. I;ve not heard of any other similar problems
Quote from Lible :At the last weeks, when I exit LFS, the screen crashes. It also happens sometimes, when using SHIFT+F4, but then I can fix the problem, by pressing them again. BUT, 75% of times I exit LFS it happens.

Well, this is pretty must stating the obvious, but ... video drivers?

Quote from Lible :Well, basically, there is just some crap on the screen (My English is not good enough to describe it)

Don't worry, most native english-speakers aren't that good at describing crap either.
You could try making a screenshot of that "crap". It might even work and make it more clear what you mean. For example, look at the crap my GFX card produced when it died from overheating:
Attached images
errors.jpg
#5 - Lible
I really don't have anything to make that picture, unless I figure out to do it all with keyboard, without seeing anything. Windows is still running and I can restart the computer using the keyboard.

I'll think about how to explain it and I'll ask my father, he's a proffesional on computers. It isn't an urgent problem, because I can still exit LFS fine on window-mode.

EDIT: I'm on Geforce 6800 GS, Forceware version 84.56. The new drivers any better?
Quote from Lible :I really don't have anything to make that picture, unless I figure out to do it all with keyboard, without seeing anything.

1. Print Screen
2. Win + R
3. mspaint and press Enter
4. Ctrl + V
5. Ctrl + S
6. type "videoproblem" or something that'll help identify it and press Enter

(print/write this on a piece of paper and put in a glass box with the label "break in case of emergency")

Ideally it will save a .bmp called "videoproblem.bmp" which you can convert to JPEG and post here.
Are you sure its nost just the on-screen display of the monitor telling you something (in which case a print-screen wouldnt work)?
It really depends. If the monitor is screwing up, then a screenshot is indeed not going to show anything. But if it's the GFX drivers, then it will probably work.
Well, going by Lible's level in English, which is rather good - I'd expect it was pretty complicated crap that he couldn't describe than simple crap as in a message saying "unsupported frequency" or showing an icon with a disconnected cable.

Crap. Had to type that one more time.
Quote from xaotik :Well, going by Lible's level in English, which is rather good - I'd expect it was pretty complicated crap that he couldn't describe than simple crap as in a message saying "unsupported frequency" or showing an icon with a disconnected cable.

Which was my first thought, hence why I didnt actually post it originally, but I thought it better not to actually miss that possibility in the long run - "just in case" :o
Didn't play LFS few days and forgot this thread. . I'll try again: The name of this "crap" is actually garbage. I'm pretty sure it's monitor or drivers related. It occurs:
1. When I exit LFS
2. When I press SHIFT+F4 to... unmaximize LFS, but if that happens, I can press SHIFT+F4 again, to bring myself back to fullscreen and then again, and it won't happen. (Sometimes I have to repeat this action)
3. The garbage is basically some lines... I had to ask my father about how to describe it, but I forgot. And it's not a message, error etc.

I'm going to have a look at the garbage once more and I'll try to describe it again.

EDIT: It doesn't happen anymore! Problem solved. I guess it was the drivers.

Strange "crashing"
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG