The online racing simulator
I went to a ferrari dealership today!
(26 posts, started )
A local ferrari dealership was kind enough to let the Technology Student Association meet in their garage/dealership. Actually, it was a Ferrari, Maserati, AND lamborghini dealership! I have not been around that many exotics ever before. In the garage, I walked UNDER an Enzo! And, there was a 612 Scaglietti, F430, like 5 maserati Spyders, 360 modenas, so many more than that too! And they were showing the Italian GP on a bigscreen TV. So much fun! I didn't have a camera though.
#2 - herki
I quite recently saw 3 Lamborghinis, all of them the good old Countachs. ATHome too, he was with me that day, and photos of them exist, I can upload them later if you want
I don't see exotic cars very often though, but at least every second day I see cars which can't be bought yet, that's quite interesting too - especially if you disassemble them yourself
The countaches (:woohoo weren't for sale, were they?
hmm.. maybe i should post up the pictures of when i went to my dads' friend's ferrari dealership he owns like 5 minutes from my school, i got to go into the actual garage underneath the store where they work on the cars (and race cars) and got to see my dad's old daytona he raced at some point in time
his is only a ferrari and maserati dealership though
#5 - herki
Quote from george_tsiros :The countaches (:woohoo weren't for sale, were they?

I don't think so
I gotta do some stuff right now, but I'll upload 'em soon (black, red and yellow)
Quote from XCNuse :hmm.. maybe i should post up the pictures of when i went to my dads' friend's ferrari dealership he owns like 5 minutes from my school, i got to go into the actual garage underneath the store where they work on the cars (and race cars) and got to see my dad's old daytona he raced at some point in time
his is only a ferrari and maserati dealership though

I went into the garage too. That's where the enzo was, the rims and tires were sitting up against the wall. And, it only had 209 miles on it, LMAO!
Quote from wheel4hummer :I went into the garage too. That's where the enzo was, the rims and tires were sitting up against the wall. And, it only had 209 miles on it, LMAO!

That's a lot for a Ferrari. Most break down after 100
I wonder what you need to do to work in a supercar dealership, sell your soul to the devill? Would be so cool to even be a janitor in a place filled with Feraris
In a *dealership* ? Be able to sell stuff. In the *service* ? Be able to fix stuff
I went to a track day with lambos and ferraris, TVRs, all sorts was wonderful... blady quick :o
I wonder if I can get a job at this dealership, as a janitor? That's an okay job for a teenager, right? lol
Quote from Blackout :I wonder what you need to do to work in a supercar dealership, sell your soul to the devill? Would be so cool to even be a janitor in a place filled with Feraris

Quote from wheel4hummer :I wonder if I can get a job at this dealership, as a janitor? That's an okay job for a teenager, right? lol

Just put in a resume. Friend of mine got a job at a Mercedes dealership in Calgary over the summer; he drove many customers' cars. That included a Maserati (forget which, sorry. I'm not a Maser guy. It was not an MC12 though :P) and a Ferrari 328! There were more exotics he drove, but I can't remember them at the moment.

He's put in an application at the Ferrari dealership in Toronto for the time he's at school; Although after Mosport he's not too fond of 'Ferrari of Ontario.' (They kicked him out of the Ferrari area.. heh heh)
LOL I used to be aquainted with this dude that sold Ferrari's and whatever other exotics they had. He worked for a ferrari dealership but they also sold lamborghinis and some porsches and whatnot...
I messed with with his head once and asked him how much of a trade in he'd give me for my POS Geo Metro. I told him I figured I should get a decent trade seeing that the testarosa was a good bit older and harder to get parts for than my geo...lol he thought I was serious.
Quote from MAGGOT :he drove many customers' cars. That included a Maserati (forget which, sorry. I'm not a Maser guy. It was not an MC12 though :P) and a Ferrari 328! There were more exotics he drove, but I can't remember them at the moment.

same thing here, but in Europe, also MB service center
Cars I got a ride in
Ferrari 360
Maseratti quattroporte
This new 4 door Bentley dont remember name...(eww ugly, but DAMN ITS FAST)

cars I drove
MB SL55 AMG (was scared of the right pedal)
The W221 S klasse 350, the week after they started selling it
BMW e39 M5 (loved it...even though never pushed the gas too much)
Porsche 911 Carrera 993 (the sweet seduction of the flat 6...)
and the MB W201 190 2.3 200 BHP fully track day prepaired..which I owned for a year - http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14ye2.jpg
This is how I got it... I later got rid of the wing...

that was within a year of work...

also when you get to the work zone (rarely been there - I hated wearing the robe not to get dirty) you could see something interesting - like this - a W220 S320 Cdi rammed by a tram (driver survived, even though the drivers seat has become twice as narrow after crash)
http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture204el3.jpg
Got to see inside a Ferrari 360 at a car show today -- have never actually seen one with the hood up before (is it still called a hood when it's in the back?) Beautiful piece of machinery :O
My mums ex used to valet (i think thats the term) cars at Lancaster Garage a few miles from here, He drove quite a few nice cars whilst he was there (off my head), a yellow F50, a few 360s, porsche 911 and cayenne, bentley continental gt and a few other cars that i cant remember probably the best job he ever had
Quote from squidhead :also when you get to the work zone (rarely been there - I hated wearing the robe not to get dirty) you could see something interesting - like this - a W220 S320 Cdi rammed by a tram (driver survived, even though the drivers seat has become twice as narrow after crash)

You could buff that out. Hardly a scratch on the paintwork.
looks like the tram was doing ~45 km/h
You should have seen a 7-series crashed with 60km/h, not much space left inside...
you should see a fiat x-19 being crushed between 2 lorries at 25 mph not much left of any vehicle
actually.. better yet, if anyone remembers this skin; i made it from the cars i took pictures of in the showroom
Attached images
400S_FXO_xcferrari.jpg
Quote from squidhead :[...]
also when you get to the work zone (rarely been there - I hated wearing the robe not to get dirty) you could see something interesting - like this - a W220 S320 Cdi rammed by a tram (driver survived, even though the drivers seat has become twice as narrow after crash)

The driver must have been in shock, I mean he's still sat there!
P5YcHoM4N - actually the car was written off, it would cost 24 000 eur to get the parts , and plus the work would cost some.... the insurance company has decided it's not worth it...the car was used as a donor of LOADS of w220 parts

Leifde - ROFLIOS!!!
Quote from squidhead :P5YcHoM4N - actually the car was written off, it would cost 24 000 eur to get the parts , and plus the work would cost some.... the insurance company has decided it's not worth it...the car was used as a donor of LOADS of w220 parts

Pffft, a bit of buffer, some paint touch up, you could fix it in about an hour. No one would know what happened. I've done more damage bumping a shopping trolly into a car then that.
P5YcHoM4N - you havent seen the damage for yourself, trust me, it was written off.
and if you think it would take an hour to fix it, think about 2 professional mechanics working for 1.5 hours just to get the front door opened (eventually it was taken off)
plus THE WHOLE BODY was bent at an angle of about 10 degrees.
Nothing like sarcasm being recieved on a forum is there?

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG