The online racing simulator
Dualscreen - minor HUD bug
(8 posts, started )
#1 - Sk0rp
Bugs and Suggestions with Dualscreen
Hello
I'm driving with 2x 19" TFT Screens. I chose the resultution 2560*1024/32Bit/75Hz. Just the gap in the middle is a bit confusing. But I hope that I can get used to. The cockpitview is fine, but the exterior view has a small bug. You cant read your speed from the HUD (Head Up Display).
Pictures:
HUD Bug

Screenshot
My View (edited)

Another image
headless ;-)

Is it possible to reposition the fields/options/bars/texts to one side, so that it looks better?
In the Garageview, the car could be on one Screen the other things for setting up the car on the other side.

Perhaps it could be fixed. Some others and me will love it :-)

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
QUESTION: Is there any possibility to move your view to the side? (in In-Car-View)

I convertered those massive inline images to link so they'd didn't break the forum layout - Bob
Quote from Sk0rp :Hello
I'm driving with 2x 19" TFT Screens. I chose the resultution 2560*1024/32Bit/75Hz. Just the gap in the middle is a bit confusing. But I hope that I can get used to. The cockpitview is fine, but the exterior view has a small bug. You cant read your speed from the HUD (Head Up Display).
Pictures:
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4153/dualscreenbugtn2.jpg
more coming soon

Perhaps it could be fixed.

QUESTION: Is there any possibility to move your view to the side? (in In-Car-View)

Interesting bug, because I'd think the resolution shouldn't stretch things out, kind of odd.... (everything is stretched out on that btw)

And yes you cam move your view to the side. Setup a custom view to be inside the car, and you can even rotate it a bit to get that centerline out of the way from the 2 monitors. I suggest using U20 testpatch if you haven't already done so.... it will save your configured views a lot better.
#3 - Sk0rp
Same issue happens on my 20+19" combo. sort of annoying.
adjust one of your monitors, i adjust my right one, but adjust the horizontal setting to move it towards the other monitor,

IE

adjust the right monitor picture towards the left, this helps fool the brain, that the section behind the bezals is covered, rather then have the screen stop, then a gap, then the screen rejoining, if you know what i mean??

works much, much better for me, i was having trouble hitting the apex on the corners before i did this as the apex seamed to "jump" about a bit to much between the 2 monitors, where as now i can "put" the apex between them where the bezel section would be

this does mean you actually "loose" a section of the screen, but it works much better, you do have to kind of know whats missing from the display tho?
#6 - Sk0rp
Quote from Sticky-Micky :adjust one of your monitors, i adjust my right one, but adjust the horizontal setting to move it towards the other monitor,

IE

adjust the right monitor picture towards the left, this helps fool the brain, that the section behind the bezals is covered, rather then have the screen stop, then a gap, then the screen rejoining, if you know what i mean??

works much, much better for me, i was having trouble hitting the apex on the corners before i did this as the apex seamed to "jump" about a bit to much between the 2 monitors, where as now i can "put" the apex between them where the bezel section would be

this does mean you actually "loose" a section of the screen, but it works much better, you do have to kind of know whats missing from the display tho?

Could you post some picutes?
look at your picture here

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4048/scimg4081hg9.jpg

see how it makes the XF look to "long" ?

if you adjust say your right monitors picture towards the right edge of the screen, you will make the car look shorter, until it looks the right length, but you will not "see" the section which would be behind the monitor bezal

IE: the front part of the door, you would not see at all in that screen shot.

does that make better sense?
:bump:

Would be nice if this is a quicky to fix if it could be included before this spout of compatible test patches comes to an end?

While we're on the subject of dual monitor problems, any chance of this either?
Attached images
fullscreenbug_cropped.jpg

Dualscreen - minor HUD bug
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG