The online racing simulator
Noise of DFP
(12 posts, started )
Noise of DFP
Ok I wanna go and buy the DFP soon but i have an question... I saw some movies were people are driving with the DFP but the wheel makes a terrible noise when you steer illepall

Does other have problem with the noise?

My regards,

Frost_More
It makes some noise, but it isn't too bad. You'll love the DFP anyway!
#3 - JTbo
Not really a problem but that does make some quite loud noise from those gears inside the wheel.

If you live with parents and play at night they may complain from it, but neighbours wont hear it, something like that it is.
well im affraid i cant stand the noise its gonna make
All Force feedback wheels will make some noise from the gears whirring to shifters and buttons clicking to pedals creaking the list goes on ; When you say you cant stand it!, if you get some headphones you wont hear it

also its the kind of noises you will get used to anyway.
You can always dampen most gear nioses with some good quality graphite powder (the kind locksmiths use) but it will invalidate any warranty you might have

SD.
to a new uuser it will make a lot of noise, but in a matter of a week you won't hear it because you will be so happy

I had so much fun from the start that i never even heard the noise until my friend said it was loud.
The noise is not that bad. If you wear a headset while racing, you can't really hear it at all anyway. If you use speakers, the speakers are much louder than the wheel. The only time it is a problem for me is when I have my microphone next to the wheel and I am using VoIP.
The DFP can't be beat for the money you pay for it.
#8 - JTbo
I can hear my dfp just fine when using headphones, but my ears are quite sensitive and I can't use loud volumes. Difficult to use with speakers as max volume I can take from speakers is around same as dfp when you turn really fast. Anyway you get used to it quite soon.

These kind of subjective evaluations are really hard as it is so much about personal preference.

I bought super flower PSU as many say it is very silent and impossible to be heard of, it was like old Hoover loudest PSU I have ever had...
Quote from Frost_More :well im affraid i cant stand the noise its gonna make

I don't hear it when I play, but when I look back on some recordings the sound is bloody harsh. Never mind though, you're not gonna hear it when you're playing.
Mine is especcially noisy but it's a challenge at night when your mums trying to sleep, definetely helps keep the LX6 in check.

But seriously, when the wheel calibrates on start up I notice the noise, but when your concentrating and listening to the game you don't pay attention to it and no it doesn't mean ti has a problem.

The noise mine comes from is just because all the greese/gunky stuff they use on the runners has faded away, planning on filling her back up and get that smooth quiter sound again but I can't be folked.
What's this, a racing wheel thread? And what else do I spy, a racing wheels forum? Oooh! ... Moved. :|
Oh im sorry Bob didn't noticed

Noise of DFP
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG