The online racing simulator
Mrt5 Wing?
(12 posts, started )
#1 - nubz
Mrt5 Wing?
I've seen a wing on the MRT5 like here

were do u get the wing? or how do u get it? is it a mod even?
Well, as I'm sure you're aware, to get the MRT5 at all you'll need a license.

And one reason the MRT5 was added into LFS in the first place was that McGill could get some simulation testing performed with LFS, this was one such creation, a potential prototype of the MRT6 IIRC.

In the end McGill decided an undertray was enough and wings weren't needed, so they neither exist in real life or any public version of the game (hence the wings aren't connected).

Since this isn't a mod I'll move this to general for those have haven't seen the screeny.
but it looks pretty cool, i want that
#4 - nubz
ok thanks, i was just wounderin.
i thought any spoilers are forbidden in formula SAE?
how do i get a wing like that ?
read the second post.... you can't illepall
ooooooops my bad
Quote from george_tsiros :i thought any spoilers are forbidden in formula SAE?

Nope, they are just seldom used because many teams think they add too much weight and drag to be of any benefit to such a small car which doesn't hit very high speeds in its natural environment.

Interestingly enough, I was readin an article in 'Racecar Engineering' a couple weeks ago about some Formula SAE stuff, and there was one Uni that had developed extremely light wings that added loads of downforce. They said the grip improvement was extremely noticable; of course, they had 6 people working for 4 months soley on the wings to get them designed perfectly for their car.
#11 - nubz
ok, all i get is to race some of teh oterh cars, i'm wanna buy the game soon, so what i play with the oterh cars. What i really want is to race online so relax. Man freak out over nothing.
Quote from nubz :ok, all i get is to race some of teh oterh cars, i'm wanna buy the game soon, so what i play with the oterh cars. What i really want is to race online so relax. Man freak out over nothing.

So you admit to being a cracked LFS user, and expect people not to care/mind because you say you're buying it?

Ah whatever

Mrt5 Wing?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG