The online racing simulator
STCC Round 4 - Teaser II
(18 posts, started )
#1 - SamH
STCC Round 4 - Teaser II
With the coverage video being due out (current guestimate) in a week or so, the UKCT's STCC Round 4 Teaser #2 is now out, and available for download

Two versions are available, both identical except for bitrates and quality. If you want to view in fullscreen, I recommend the 50MB 3mbit version. If bandwidth or download time is an issue for you, there's also a 25MB 1.5mbit version available.

I'm quite pleased with the way this one's turned out, but that's my opinion, I'm biased and so it counts for nothing , and so of course as always, all your comments and views are gratefully received. I'm still clinging on to that icey slope they call the learning curve!

Round 4 Teaser II : 50MB/3mbit WMV | 25MB/1.5mbit WMV | 26MB/1.5mbit DivX
I'm gonna have to cancel the broadcast, I can't compete with the ruddy teasers! Superb job Sam.
Great vid Sam. :wow: Can't wait for the broadcast!
Great vid, but.... I LOVE THAT TUNE!! WHAT'S IT CALLED?? WHAT'S IT CALLED??

Yes I am... illepall
#5 - SamH
hehe! Cheers!

The song is "Clubbed to Death", by Rob D. A rather attractive song title, doncha think? LOL!
Quote from SamH :hehe! Cheers!

The song is "Clubbed to Death", by Rob D. A rather attractive song title, doncha think? LOL!

Its also known as "Agent training program", as it was used in the scene with the same in "The Matrix".

May i ask what program you use to make theese movies?
#7 - SamH
I'm using VirtualDub to convert half-speed (25fps) video to full speed (50fps) video, and then Sony Vegas v7 to compile the clips, apply effects and output the movies to 30fps WMV files. I recently moved up from Vegas v4, and I'm very glad I did!
#8 - Smax
Meh...knew I'd heard that record before, there was I looking through my Gatecrasher cds for it when I should have been looking on the film soundtracks....

I think I would have lost the lens flare, other than that I've no suggested improvements, other than to say you seem to have caught the "rotate the camera" disease just like me

[edit] beaten to the which software question [/edit]
Quote from SamH :hehe! Cheers!

Thanks!

Edit: OMG i'm listening to the full song now! Goosepimples everywhere, that song is AMAZING ahhhhhhhhhh!!! THE BEST EVER
#10 - SamH
I agree with you, Mike.. I could take or leave the lens flare. Somehow I've got the impression over time that effects are expected. Unless your movie isn't stacked full of effects, it's not likely to be viewed as a good movie. Perhaps I'm a traditionalist, or it's because I'm an amateur actor/director that I'm personally very fond of the more pure storytelling and mood-making through camera angles and cuts than the effects. Ironic, then, that I choose a track from one of the most effects-laden films ever! LOL! Good storyline in The Matrix though, too
#11 - SamH
I finally figured out the problem with my DivX rendering in Vegas, fixed it and ran off a copy.

A 26MB/1.5mbit DivX version can be downloaded here
Nice teaser

And I'm not the only person in world who is listening Rob D
#13 - Nard
Nice teaser indeed. I always enjoy watching the STCC race coverage.

And I think everybody listens to Rob D.
#14 - Jakg
Best teaser yet Sam, great work. No typos, either!
ahhh Rob Dougan, great song, great vid
I like the way the cars coming past the camera actually matched the music great job
wuuuuh
- going to be a good round 4 video. -looking forward to it.
#17 - Vain
Great teaser!

Vain
#18 - SamH
Quote from Xaid0n :ahhh Rob Dougan, great song, great vid
I like the way the cars coming past the camera actually matched the music great job

Yay! Thank you for spotting the music synchronization! LOL! I've been trying to achieve that for ages. Not all the clips in this video quite match up to the music, but I've tried where I could to get tyres landing, or cars swerving, or passing or SOMEthing, to match the rhythm. Still learning!!

STCC Round 4 - Teaser II
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG