The online racing simulator
.. i tried but all the coloring got messed up for some odd reason
Quote from Tege :Hmm... it looks fine to me.

it still doesnt to me. much less at 1024 res...
as i said, if you're happy, anything's fine.
Trully stunning. :lovies3d:
#54 - OPK
/me loves you, guys
Hello,
I 've just downloaded the new pack this morning, must I delete any files in \dds ?

I haven t the file JAskyday_E.dds in dds directory, only JAskyday1_E.dds
and in the pack, I haven t the file JAskyday_E.raw , only JAskyday1_E.raw

Thank you for your help...and sorry for my bad english
#56 - Don
sorry i didnt remember the correct name.

if you downloaded the pack today, is there dds directory with jaskyday1_e.dds ? if yes, then you dont have to delete anytihng, just unpack it to ../data/
Ok i 've just dezipped in \data
thanks
Goto give you two your dues, it lookes very purty
good work
Nice mod! I like the skyies better!!!
Thats quite mind boggling! now all we need is dynamic blades of grass, to blow in the wind, and to get mowed down by a out-a-control car and getting ripped up and sticking to the slicks then later flying off at high speeds!
Hey... one can dream!
hm i downloaded the update and unpacked it in lfsfolder\data.

so i got a new folder in \data named hirespack

but when i play the game, i don´t see the new skies?

CYA
unpack the contents of hirespack into the data folder
you want the stuff thats inside hirespack in the data folder.
Veryy nice!
Quote from steve :Looks good

Not as good as your avatar....

nice textures! maybe one day we have them in LfS so everyone can see them (or make a hires pack as official addon)
Quote from wheeler :or make a hires pack as official addon

That would make no difference whatsoever? People could still not download the official addon. Plus, some people dont want it because their comps cant handle it.
Bummer
Hi,
Got a problem here..

Unpacked (using Winrar) the highres textures into LFS/Data and got a new folder in the DATA folder called Highrespack

The textures don´t seem to work and the bummer is that on selecting Westhill LFS goes black and gives a beeping sound. Then Windows terminates LFS...

Other tracks load up fine

Comp is AMD 3000+/512MB/N6600GT

Any advice to fix this situation is very welcome......
Quote from Pakalulu :Hi,
Got a problem here..

Unpacked (using Winrar) the highres textures into LFS/Data and got a new folder in the DATA folder called Highrespack

The textures don´t seem to work and the bummer is that on selecting Westhill LFS goes black and gives a beeping sound. Then Windows terminates LFS...

Other tracks load up fine

Comp is AMD 3000+/512MB/N6600GT

Any advice to fix this situation is very welcome......

Well 1st of all it has been said above plenty of times that you should unzip the CONTENTS to the data folder.... not unzip into a new folder in the data folder.

Your Westhill problem sounds like something other than a texture releated problem. Try a re-install of LFS. If that doesn't fix it come back to the forums again
Really professional work m8's!!

I'm very very satisfied but I have to ask,
are there going to be hires update in future for South City Classic too?

NP if not.

/Vision
Quote from nikimere :Well 1st of all it has been said above plenty of times that you should unzip the CONTENTS to the data folder.... not unzip into a new folder in the data folder.

Ok, I got it. Unpacked files in HIGHRESPACK/PIC folder to DATA/PIC folder.

Quote from nikimere :Your Westhill problem sounds like something other than a texture releated problem. Try a re-install of LFS.

I found out that Westhill had stopped working, just after my feeble unzipping attempts. That made me think the two were connected.
Anyway, a fresh install did the trick. Everything fine now..

Nikimere,thanks for your advice.

Oh and the new textures are GREAT.

for the maker of those!!

Cheers,

Paka
Quote from KiDCoDEa :Hi guys, if you want lfs to look as best as it can right now, you should have it running on higher res textures (dont leech this if your card has like 16mb )
Here's the higher res skies that weren't distributed with lfs to keep size down and possible memory problems to a minimum. however, anyone with a normal decent card of 64mb onwards should have no problem running these skies (in fact maybe 32mb is enuff but i didnt test )

pack includes 2048x sky textures for:

Fern bay - sunny conditions
Kyoto ring , Aston, Blackwood - cloudy conditions
Westhill - cloudy conditions, complete new hemisphere (fresh out of the oven)
Westhill & Aston - evening conditions
Westhill & Aston - sunny conditions
2 UF skins 100% by don

hemis were done for S2 during dev time, coz i believed lfs could look much better using decent skies, at an early phase done by me, nuno maia, and then don ( ondrej zeman ) came along and helped, first "just" taking pics for me to build, and down the line becoming a full-fledged hemi constructor, very prolific, and that can do the whole process now (quite complex pipeline) . Clap clap for my jedi. In later hemis i just did post work. Dont ask me who what or when. its been going for over a year.
He did climb mountains, leave home, ride bikes or car to remote locations etc, looking for the perfect spot (he actually never found a perfect spot, but we and some cg magic powder could overcome that). he was as commited as me, if not more, to bringing a better looking lfs to all, besides ourselves.

you can download the update here

unpack to your lfs\data\ dir

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/kidcodea/fb.gif

this is just a quickie i have around in my hd, but don may post more pics later. im very busy now and have to do other stuff not lfs related. all the best and enjoy the only real sim next to n2003

ps: thanks to eric and scawen for listening.

..Sorry for sounding a bit stupid. You have put unpack to LFS data Dir but I can find the data file dir? cant seem to find no file named dir. Sorry if this sounds a bit thick
dir is directory...
that means you should put the files into the folder [lfs-root]\data\

where [lfs-root] is the directory where you installed lfs to...

hope u understand now
edited dir to directory to make it more obvious.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG