The online racing simulator
Buffer loading time
(8 posts, started )
Buffer loading time
Hi,

When trying to watch movies or movie trailers I've a strange problem: at certain trailer sites media player is being used for watching the trailer. Everytime it loads into a buffer, as usual.

As usual that go's fast, takes barely few seconds of time. But at some site's it go's really slow and takes even minuts! No problem, I thought it was the website, but suddenly on a site where it used to go fast I see now it is going slow too...

Any suggestions why it go's slow at one site and fast on the other ? How to fix it ?

Thanks,
GC
Actually not, but shouldn't you be working @ your french?
Yes working on my French, learning Grammar now cause I thought that would be easier illepall There doesn't seem to be an ending at the exceptions, there's a rule, there are 5 exceptions, 2 of the 5 follow anther rule, but on that rule you have another rule like 'only used then and then', but even for that, there seems to be another rule and then again you've an exception and...... ARG

How on earth do those French understand there own language ??

Btw, noticed this buffer problem by trying to watch a movie about French grammar.
#4 - JTbo
Some sites do use windows mediaplayer, it is bad as often it requires whole clip to be loaded before it can be played, it is because how video codec handles media, certain types are not possible to play unless everything is loaded.

You can only get faster connection to speed things up, I think.

So that is why me as poor have given up on some sites, it takes too long to buffer whole clip and today almost any clip can be found from other sites that have more advanced systems.
Quote from GianniC :No problem, I thought it was the website, but suddenly on a site where it used to go fast I see now it is going slow too...

Its still likely to be the server at the other end, if everything else is fine. The server(s) could be under higher load, or their sysadmin maybe throttling streams, etc. etc.

It could be an increased network distance between you and the server. Again, out of your control (unless you want to setup "shorter" static routes all over the place).
Bit late, but thanks for the replies... At least I have an answer now to the "why" question !
Quote from GianniC :Yes working on my French, learning Grammar now cause I thought that would be easier illepall There doesn't seem to be an ending at the exceptions, there's a rule, there are 5 exceptions, 2 of the 5 follow anther rule, but on that rule you have another rule like 'only used then and then', but even for that, there seems to be another rule and then again you've an exception and...... ARG

How on earth do those French understand there own language ??

Btw, noticed this buffer problem by trying to watch a movie about French grammar.

I live in Québec (Canada) and my primary language is French... To anwser to your question, french is our own language, like you said. So, you speak english, and you understand your own language!!

It's the same for all the language!!!! And I agree that our language is very hard to learn. French have a lot of useless rules....
Quote from Warlost :I live in Québec (Canada) and my primary language is French... To anwser to your question, french is our own language, like you said. So, you speak english, and you understand your own language!!

It's the same for all the language!!!! And I agree that our language is very hard to learn. French have a lot of useless rules....

I concur! I hate French, exams are starting soon, I think I hate French more than Law and economics

Buffer loading time
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG