The online racing simulator
What is it like to be in a team?
(33 posts, started )
What is it like to be in a team?
I've asked me this question what it would be like to be in a team? The question came up first when a team asked me if i'd like to be in their team. Well i didn't really had an idea about how it would be in a team what it could possibly bring to oneself, as you're probably not driving better or worse if you're in a team, so i ask the poeple in teams what is it like?
#2 - th84
Well for me its about constant harassment, getting kicked from servers by my own team, and of course, being told how crap of a driver i am!!! However, on the good teams, its about racing with people u trust and enjoy racing with, as well as people to learn with, share sets, and have orginized team events. Some people say theres no advantage to being on a team, but its only the ones who suck to much to be invited on one!!! :P

edit: that last line was only a joke, please dont start sending me the hate mail again :P
not any different.. i mean.. its just like being on any team.. you just get to meet more people and become closer to them.. lol not much more than that, i mean some other guys may have some tips to driving.. but i mean its not great but its not bad either, it really depends on the team though, because not all teams work the same way, but overall its just like one big italian family .. sorta.. minus the olive bread lol

its not that bad, i mean dont be pressured by it, if you dont want to, just say no.. if you do, just say yes i mean.. isnt anything bad about being on a team (unless its known for being .. bad)
It all depends on the team you are in. Some teams will tell you how they want you to race. Other teams will just bring you on and make you part of their fun (i dont mean turn you into TH84.....) its basically so that you can say.. yes. i am 100% behind these guys. they are my friends.. i want to be represented with these people. Wow i like the way they race... it is all down to personal preference to be honest..

Good luck
being in a team is like life; it is what you make it
It totally depends what the team organises for themselves really. If they don't do a lot, then the only difference is you aren't free to join a team that does something together. I can only say what MRNL does, since it's the only team I've been part of, but we're always running in house Leagues or occasionaly having battles with other teams. I assume most other teams are the same.

The advantages are:
1) You get something more particular to focus on (e.g. a certain combo), and you'll get good at it
2) You get to race with a guaranteed bunch of clean people (unless you joing a wrecker team)
3) The races tend to longer so you can have some fun playing with strategies and such
from my experience, i couldnt recommend it anymore! its brilliant. it means i have somewhere and someone to race with almost 24/7. and i know it will always be fast, fun, fair and friendly.

come have a play on our team servers. but remember not every team is the same. we have the advantage that we arent toooo serious even though we have one alien in the team......not me!
Thanks for the replies, well seems like almost everyone is happy in their teams.
@mrbogeyman: yeah sure i'll pass one of the next days to take a look how serious you are
Its terrible you slave away for hours making set-ups for your team mates, can't wait for my 5 year deal to end .....

Nah its not bad at all its just like playing the game as usual but with a bunch of friends you don't just join a team you play about on server find the people you like and mix with them. I've always been in a team in all online games I've played and I've always enjoyed the game better being able to play it with people I know

Keiran
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad
Quote from XCNuse :i mean.. i mean, but i mean, i mean, i mean..

XCNuse, are you on drugs?
Being in a team is better in a lot of ways, of course that also depends on what team you're in.

In a good team, you'll enjoy the most out of it, as you get to do a lot of fun stuff together with your teammates, your teammates would look after you and so would you.
You get to race for the team, you get to wear the same skin with many of your teammates, which looked real cool on track together, and most importantly, you'd be making some best friends you have in the game of LFS.
it really depends on what team your own, there are of 'elitist' teams going around who just wants to win leagues etc, that not what im here for, im playing a LFS for enjoyment and thats why i joined SCCC, and i can tell you i do not, and will never regret it, i can honestly say that without my team, LFS will just not be the same, and i might not even be playing LFS now. so if you know the guys, and they seem friendly, i say go for it opens up a whole new experience
Quote from keiran :Its terrible you slave away for hours making set-ups for your team mates, can't wait for my 5 year deal to end .....

Why you cheeky bugger! We had a non-disclosure agreement on your contractual services!

(erm, that was a joke for those of you who couldn't guess)
Im Not, Im Not Happy In Mye Team...please, Let Me Out, They Keep The Doors Ever So Closed, And With Big Locks, Run...run And Get Help...get Heeeeeelllllllllp
Quote from v4forlife :Im Not, Im Not Happy In Mye Team...please, Let Me Out, They Keep The Doors Ever So Closed, And With Big Locks, Run...run And Get Help...get Heeeeeelllllllllp

I thought that you were outside when i put the locks on :P
Well i can not say something bad about our team. We have much fun together while racing in game and speak over Team Speak Hard to belive that teams exist like this where th84 was in....
Just outta curiousity... is it better to be ON a team or IN a team?
Quote from Racer Y :Just outta curiousity... is it better to be ON a team or IN a team?

I'd like to be both with a female volleyball team of any nation...
You wouldn't say that if you'd seen the womens volleyball teams I've seen. Unless ofcourse you're into butch women who shave more often than me!
Quote from Gentlefoot :You wouldn't say that if you'd seen the womens volleyball teams I've seen. Unless ofcourse you're into butch women who shave more often than me!

I might stand back from my former announcement...

But back on Topic: I am qite new in a team, but they seem to be okay

It depends on personal preferences though, if you should be in a team. Because once you join, you are somewhat obliged to take part too, and not only race with the tag. It's about socializing.
Quote from franky500 :I thought that you were outside when i put the locks on :P

first time iv posted sorry if its in the wrong place ..id like to join a team uk one if poss as im from uk . i only drive gtr's at the mo. could some one tel me a good uk team to join plz ..lfs username is roy.s thx
I'd highly recommend it, you get a group of clean guys to race with, you get to know people, maybe race in a league or something. And my personal favorite, you can improve your times along with someone that's about the same speed as you, share tips, setups, etc. It's a lot of fun
Quote from Victor :being in a team is like life; it is what you make it

*pointing at his signature*
#24 - jmkz
Quote from felplacerad :XCNuse, are you on drugs?

I think he writes like he speaks; I mean.. sure.. I mean.. yeah baby!
Quote from roy.s :first time iv posted sorry if its in the wrong place ..id like to join a team uk one if poss as im from uk . i only drive gtr's at the mo. could some one tel me a good uk team to join plz ..lfs username is roy.s thx

Well there are lots of UK Teams. I cant really recommend a team because it is down to personal preference.. If your into a great laugh, nothing too serious and have a good sense of humour. then you might want to check out ATC.. but ATC only accept people who are willing to have a laugh.. nothing too serious.

Otherwise you have teams like Cyber, and T7R and (there are so many good ones, i cant name them all.)

If you go to the "Teams" section of this forum and post what you are looking for in a team. You will get alot of answers there.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG