The online racing simulator
FLP/m presents: FLP What's Cookin'
(115 posts, started )
Yeah this was fun race and hot

Thank for good race all and cu next week
Was really fun until i had to answer an urgent phone call

Crazy combo
Joined a few seconds before race start, no setup, 0 laps, tossed in 85% fuel and had just enough time to connect the pedal connector to the wheel before the lights went green. I went for slow n cautious, partly because i hadn't practiced and mostly because i suck at rally, was way off pace and almost got shocked by mr Mooney's speed lapping me in like lap 10.

Anyway, i managed to pass a few cars, and i managed to break the right rear suspension. Pitted for damage, tried to fight FEL for 7th or 8th, beat FEL's pb by 0.01 seconds but lost ze position, and finished the race like 3 laps down.

Good race all in all.
qual stats

race stats

Big ups to Lococost for returning and finishing the race even though he got disconnected!
Fel and filur and co thanks for u hosting this race it´s very fun .

Thanks for the stats.
I'd like to race on the 18th! :mr-t:
Can I join next monday?
Quote from sweetreid :I'd like to race on the 18th! :mr-t:

Quote from wimpie :Can I join next monday?

If there's room (which there'll be for sure) you're both welcome to join.

On another note. Since FEL has taken to the skies and is slacking around somewhere in east Asia, i now have to organize this thing for the next two weeks. Problem is he didn't really tell me all the details of how he went about things. It'd be great if some of you who have previously taken part could drop me a PM, i'm mostly interested in if he used the same password or if he changed it for each event (i always joined using the server admin pass), so if anyone remembers any old passwords click here.
I've been toying with some new ideas on how to organize these events, i won't be moving to the new stuff for this monday but i might give it a try for the next one (25th). The new system consists of getting an account for FLP's "interwebs", going to What's Cookin' and selecting if you'll race, not race or you don't know (yet). The password will then be found on the page if you have selected that you are racing, ie. you're supposed to confirm your participation each week and be able to get the password without PM's. If anyone wants to try it out (it'll be set up for this event even tho it won't be required), send me a pm.

Anyway, for this monday (tomorrow), this is how it'll go down.
  • Same password as before, people who have raced before are welcome to join.
  • New drivers who have signed up for this monday will get the password by PM.
  • Drivers who want to sign up can post here or send me a PM, but with the 18:30 UTC deadline (tomorrow).
  • First come, first served, server will open at about 18:00 UTC
I'll be hosting since FEL is on vacation, sadly my bandwidth is about 0.1% of his so i'll need to limit the grid to about 16 drivers.
Shameless triple-post :bump: Server online.

*Edit: ok so it's an hour early, timezones confuse me. qualifying starts in ~2 hours.
Im in!

The registration thing sounds good. I tested it too
Yeah im in tooo
Well, I didn´t get the password through PM, even i registered in lfs.forum.dk, so lost todays race. Now i try here? please send me password for next race.
Still change to race tonight ?)
or next week ?
Race stats <- lovely lap-by-lap graph.

Combo really was random this week, 1 hour of MRT5 @ Westhill is probably quite unique.

I don't think the MRT is a boring car but i couldn't help nodding off after about 5 laps, Hyperactive had a spin in the chicane and i wasn't really paying attention, just managed to avoid a crash but spun myself. Quite a few close laps with Hyper, Jimmy and Mooney. Sorry again to Mooney for ze crash, it looks really weird in the replay, i think the low pps'es missed the impact. Great driving by Lococost crossing the line over 30 seconds before anyone else.

Quote from Humbleridderen :Well, I didn´t get the password through PM, even i registered in lfs.forum.dk, so lost todays race. Now i try here? please send me password for next race.

Sorry, i didn't have time to check all the forums FEL had posted on. You're very welcome next monday. :sorry:

Quote from xenoa :Still change to race tonight ?)
or next week ?

Next week.

I'll switch to the webpage signup for next week, it's very simple, works sort of like OLFSL's password pages, you basically just click a button to get the password. I'll post more details in a bit.
Thanks for a good race all that was fun.

And thanks for the stats filur

CU in next week
Now thats a combo, I would have liked.
Watched the replay and saw it was infact me who took out dygear in the first lap . I'm very sorry, it looks like it was a small lag problem witch caused my car to swerve to the left more than it did whilst driving, but still maybe i could have avoided it somehow, I feel very bad, had no intention of doing something like that. Hope you can forgive me, mate.
Quote from lococost :Watched the replay and saw it was infact me who took out dygear in the first lap . I'm very sorry, it looks like it was a small lag problem witch caused my car to swerve to the left more than it did whilst driving, but still maybe i could have avoided it somehow, I feel very bad, had no intention of doing something like that. Hope you can forgive me, mate.

Hehe. I blame you!!! Nah, don't worry about it mate, knew that was pretty much due to lag, what with me being the only guy from NA. I had my fun in qual anyway. I'll see ya next week where I'll repay you for that .
Still no PW
Are we racing today?
Hello! i was sort of waiting to see if there was any interest at all.

So i guess we're racing. Too late for website signup stuffs and i'm too tired to do PMs so i'll go for backup plan D:

All times in UTC/GMT

Password 18:00 to 18:50: cookin
Password starting from 18:50: same as previous events.

The server will be up from about 18:00 (qualifying starts 19:00).

*Edit: stats!

race_1-fe5_lx6.html
race_2-ky3_lrf.html

Bit of a holiday special with two rounds of cookin', many pies awarded to everyone who showed up.
Thanks for good racing it´s was fun
Was good racing, though wouldn't have minded to see more people there
Right, im back! It is now time to put our new sign-up system to use, hence this update to the rules:

Participation
Sign up by using FLP's Interwebs. This is also where you'll be able to find the password and see who's comin'.
If you're not registered, register here.

Quote from filur :The new system consists of getting an account for FLP's "Interwebs", going to What's Cookin' and selecting if you'll race, not race or you don't know (yet). The password will then be found on the page if you have selected that you are racing, ie. you're supposed to confirm your participation each week and be able to get the password without PM's.

Simply replying to this thread won't grant you access to the event anymore. I will not send any passwords via PM. Use the Interwebs, Luke!

FLP/m presents: FLP What's Cookin'
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG