G25 made u faster?
(15 posts, started )

Poll : G25 made u faster?

dont have 1 :-(
Yes a little
Yes a lot
No
G25 made u faster?
Well mine is coming soon but very curious: Will i go faster, compared to my old wheel.
#2 - Jakg
Slightly, perhaps (did for me, anyway!)
I'm having too much fun to notice...
Yeah, it improved a little bit, especially the increased degrees of steering improved my driving.
i know the g25 would make me faster if i had it my dfp is beat up. the peddles dont even work.
Yes, it made me faster. Not only is it easier to get "into the flow/zone" with it because the immersion is so much better, but I also ride on the brakes less as I'm not LFB'ing anymore.

I guess I did this too much previously, taking away front end grip in the RWD cars due to excessive braking while steering, and making FWD cars oversteer to much by artificially moving the brake balance rear due to simultaneous throttle + brake. Overall my consistency has surprisingly become better, at least in the "getting corner entries right" consistency. I still have a few mis-shifts here and there caused by not pressing the clutch deep enough.

Though so far my experience comes only from the rather low powered and non downforce/slick cars. I still largely ignore heel-toeing and the added roughness from that could have a worse effect on the higher powered cars - not that I care too much about them anyway. Racing is soo much better in the lower classes
#8 - bbman
Maybe not faster, but way more consistent...
Way slower (a second per minute), and less consistant when using clutch and shiter. Slightly faster (0.1 seconds per minute ish) using paddles and two pedals due to the superior FFB and bigger lock.
I can't say for certain but I think so, yes, it has made me a little faster than I was with that crappy Force RS.
As I was slow in the first place, i'm still improving, but the immersion factor has made me faster!! Its just so much fun being on the (my) limit where arms and legs are frantically adjusting and readjusting pedals, gears (h-shift all the way) and the steering wheel. As I said earlier, for me the enjoyment and immersion factor has made me faster!!
apart from when i 1st got it , gettin used to not missing shifts and clutching when i meant to brake. now im good with it, im much faster and can brake quicker and later using engine braking o.O

~ S14
If your having trouble with missed shifts because your not putting the clutch 100% in, might be worth having a play with Dxtweak:

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

LFS's clutch simulation is pretty poor at the min, but you can use dxtweak to create deadspots at the beginning and end of the travel, so it feels more like a real clutch.

It will mess it up for other games that have better clutch support though, as the settings are saved.
I've currently set it up in LFS to have a ~40% deadzone at the end of travel, which is already fine by me.
I was pretty fast with my Red MOMO, and the G25 definitely made me faster in terms of consistency and overall control of the car. It is a lot smoother than the MOMO I had, and the pedals are better. I was rewarded with some good races in some leagues these past few months, and I'd thank my G25 for helping me win the championships in those series

So I voted it made me a 'little' faster There is only so much to how fast someone can go. I am almost at my limit

G25 made u faster?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG