The online racing simulator
Want to try Stereo 3D?
(40 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :Bloody hell they're expensive.

You had me all hyped up to go crazy with the gaming rig until I saw the price.

But the great thing about the polarized system is that you can use any projectors - including the £200 ones off ebay.

Ok....I'll admit my gaming rig cost more than my car...but I've done more miles on LFS than I have in my P reg 205! I find It's just a case of getting your priorities right.......
So would you say your projectors are £700 nicer than £200 ones?
I have to say you've got me daydreaming of this now!
It rocks !

Do you plan to triple it ? OK I am off...
Quote from loopingz :It rocks !

Do you plan to triple it ? OK I am off...

Hmm... I'd need 6 projectors...my room is not big enough for the three screens!...now if I could just knock through that wall......
So what's the life expectancy of those projectors? What are the bulbs rated for and how expensive are replacements? What sort of a warranty did they give you?

Yes I am still interested. God I'm pathetic.
Hi there - That looks like sweet setup m8. Got a couple a question if i may!

1. Any Eyestrain at all?

2. How much are the glasses & are they comfortable?

3. How much are the polarised filters & do you use 2 identical filters but rotated?

4. How much is polarised screen?

5. Is there a special paint you can get to paint your wall (to save price on screen?)

6. How do you adjust the actual 3d bit (ie more depth/less depth - infront of screen/behind screen)

7. What Video card you using & how much r they?

8. If jimmy took 3 qpples & 7 oranges to London at 2mph for 3 miles & 3.7mph for the rest - from swansea how long would it take to need new shoes?

Peace & seriously - Im Jealous & we all need abit of warm jelousy some times!

Oh and 1 last question - can you have the 3d half infront & half behind the screen or is the screen where it starts?
Quote from thisnameistaken :So what's the life expectancy of those projectors? What are the bulbs rated for and how expensive are replacements? What sort of a warranty did they give you?

Yes I am still interested. God I'm pathetic.

They reckon the bulbs last for 2000 hours. I forgot to ask about replacement cost. I guess it'll be some time before I need to worry about that. I think it's a 3 year warranty.

I chose this one for its wide throw ratio, wide screen format, high res and adjustable lens.

They gave me a discount for buying 2.

http://www.projectorpoint.co.u ... /Panasonic_PT-AX100E.html
Quote from neilmichaelcasey :Hi there - That looks like sweet setup m8. Got a couple a question if i may!

1. Any Eyestrain at all?

No

2. How much are the glasses & are they comfortable?

5 pounds and yes

3. How much are the polarised filters & do you use 2 identical filters but rotated?

Can't remember exactly how much they were as I ordered them with the screen and glasses from:

http://www.silverfabric.com/

No, there are two different filters

4. How much is polarised screen?

The whole lot cost me around 500 euros from silverfabric in Germany

5. Is there a special paint you can get to paint your wall (to save price on screen?)

I did read of such a paint on www.stereo3d.com forum

6. How do you adjust the actual 3d bit (ie more depth/less depth - infront of screen/behind screen)

Ctrl F3, F4, F5, F6 via nvidia stereo driver. it's fun to play around with. nvidia have a great test screen for it with a spinning logo that comes right out into the middle of the room...kids love trying to grab it!

7. What Video card you using & how much r they?

nvidia 7800 GTX. not sure of price now.

8. If jimmy took 3 qpples & 7 oranges to London at 2mph for 3 miles & 3.7mph for the rest - from swansea how long would it take to need new shoes?

Peace & seriously - Im Jealous & we all need abit of warm jelousy some times!

Oh and 1 last question - can you have the 3d half infront & half behind the screen or is the screen where it starts?

Yes you can! and this is the best bit! My cockpit is infront of the screen and the track and other cars are behind. The screen itself is not really noticeable.
I've Googled some more - are the filters about £500+ a pop too? And the screen... Has this setup cost you over £3000?

I wonder how it would look with a pair of ghetto Tom's Hardware OHPs and no filters...
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've Googled some more - are the filters about £500+ a pop too? And the screen... Has this setup cost you over £3000?

I wonder how it would look with a pair of ghetto Tom's Hardware OHPs and no filters...

No, my filters were not expensive. It seems that you can get very high quality ones but these do the job fine.
dont lcd projectors emit polarized light aleady ? one shouldnt show anything at all unless youre using 45° polarizations

oh and btw do you know about how much light you lose in the polarization filters ?
Quote from Shotglass :dont lcd projectors emit polarized light aleady ? one shouldnt show anything at all unless youre using 45° polarizations

oh and btw do you know about how much light you lose in the polarization filters ?

I didn't know that. I believe the filters and glasses are polarized 45 degrees in opposite directions.

Not much light is lost but I don't know the figure in lumens.
Quote from goode400 :I didn't know that. I believe the filters and glasses are polarized 45 degrees in opposite directions.

Not much light is lost but I don't know the figure in lumens.

in that case if i got everything right youll lose about 1/sqrt(2) in amplitude and if my understanding is correct and lumen is indeed a unit of power it will cut your pojectors lumen rating in half
-
(goode400) DELETED by goode400 : not sure about selling items

Want to try Stereo 3D?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG