The online racing simulator
TEST Patch V5 (compatible with V)
(204 posts, closed, started )
LCD ? i have a medion flat screen.
Ok then yes i have a LCD screen.
Quote from Scawen :It's hard to say without knowing your old settings, what screen resolution you use and if you had "Wider screen increases LOD" YES (as it was by default)...

...new_version_lod = old_version_lod * your_screen_resolution / 1920

Screen Resolution: 1024x768 (32 bit)
User LOD: 1.00
Dust LOD: 1.00
Mirror LOD: 0.20
Wider screen increases LOD: YES
All scenery at maximum LOD: NO
Dynamic LOD reduction: 0.50

1*1024/1920=0.533(3)?
is it possible that this test patch isn't fully compatible with older versions (especially in the insim issues

i used lfs tv director before installing the patch and it worked perfect.

after installing the patch i get those msgs:

InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (30)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (31)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (32)

until i shutdown the tv director.

is this a LFS programming issue or a LFS TV Director issue?

lfs tv director has to send an answer packet to the new packets (pit, flag...).
But it´s only a warning.
Is it only me who can not see the map when it is set to the right side of the screen?
Quote from himself :Is it only me who can not see the map when it is set to the right side of the screen?

You can't see it when the race results appear. You can make them vanish with CTRL+TAB.
after installing v2, lfs became unplayable online for me due to severe drop off in frame rate at each corner, so i did a second fresh install. i installed v4 over the v2 patch and the problems had gone and i'm pleased to say its the same with v5, infact i'm getting a marginally higher frame rate than with the unpatched version

p.s. my 7 year old son loves the sounds, just wish he wouldn't turn speakers up all the way and sit there reving the cars just to listen to them
anyone got some ear plugs and headache tablets ?
The sounds are ace. Let him rev away and enjoy them!!!!!
wow those three test patches came out quick good work Devs
Been waiting for 1 hour to get the test patch but nothing happens. Tried several times but it just says at the bottom window "waiting for liveforspeed.net"
Topp - works fine for me but you could try this intead.
Quote from Scawen :No, it's just an InSim packet I had implemented wrongly in V4, it wouldn't affect anything like that. I guess your disconnects were just coincidental with when you were using V4. Maybe it will be ok when you use V5.

thanks for the reply, but I got disconnected with V2 and V as well, so must be something either at my end or our league server. I am going to try to test it on other servers. the disconnections were pretty constant, every 15-20 minutes or so.
Quote from Renku :Screen Resolution: 1024x768 (32 bit)
All scenery at maximum LOD: NO
Dynamic LOD reduction: 0.50

1*1024/1920=0.533(3)?

I messed around for about and hour and found my FPS was the same as old patch V at around LOD 8.5 Then I found this thread has grown quite a bit and found Scawen's formula:

new_version_lod = old_version_lod * your_screen_resolution / 1920

This guy is a genius Thanks again.

Screen Resolution: 1680*1050 (32 bit)
All scenery at maximum LOD: YES
Dynamic LOD reduction: 1.00

1*1680/1920 = 0.875 <=== I use that value now for USER LOD
I'm not sure if it did this before, but I just noticed it in this patch, when I was in a replay and would look to the side, when the view returned to looking forward sometimes the cars in front of me would take a split second before they showed up, meaning they would just pop in out of nothingness. It would do this repeatedly even when the same car is always right in front of me.
Quote from AndroidXP :I guess the "Help I'm stupid and locked myself out of LFS I need some more unlocks please!" requests were getting out of hand, weren't they?

Especially becuase it seemed to be a fortnightly event on my behalf...
-
(Tweaker) DELETED by Tweaker : oops I suck at reading
Getting

InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (100)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (101)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (102)

When using LFSStats since V5
Quote :Set log file name /log=name.xxx or /log to stop logging

This is for logging of messages right?

How exactly does the logging work now Scawen? I used to use the original logging option all the time, and it worked fine. But now we have to do it manually each time or what? Or will there always be a log file created with the name you set?

Besides that, the command doesn't work for me, and no file is ever created. Need this clarified, since this is important for when I am a server admin.

The command only works for me in Singleplayer, I can no longer log Multiplayer events. And I have to type the command in each time I start LFS (that can't be good)... why not overwrite the same log file like you did with deb.log, or just have a log folder with dated logs?
I have a feeling it's not yet implemented, but will be at some point soon.

The main reason for moving away from the old deb.log is that, when you run multiple servers off one executable, using config files, all events from all servers are entered into the single deb.log file. This makes it impossible to follow events in an individual server.

The new /log command will (or can) be set in the configuration file for an individual server, and all messages on each server will be sent to their own individually specified file. It'll be much better than the way it is now
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Could you not put in the proper regkey (from your PC) and have it work so you don't haffto unlock in XP and Linux...???

*ponders, and will attempt when I get home*

Hummm maybe you can try to use the ProductId value of your real XP installation into Cedega (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion). If I'm correct, LFS seems to rely on this Id to determine if the game has been unlocked. If the ID is the same on XP than Cedega, you may be able to use the same LFS folder on both OS without unlocking on both... Note that I didn't try so it may not work...
Quote from Scawen :This is another option I think I should turn on by default. Nowadays with LCD monitors, the true frame rate is never more than 60 Hz, and full screen vsync means that LFS will render at that same frame rate and there will be no "tearing" of the picture, and no total wastage of drawing frames that will never be seen, and also a little CPU saving so LFS can deal with other things like the internet connection, and your computer has time to update other services as well, in between frames.

Basically full screen vsync has a lot of advantages now. I have just set it to be on by default in my version.

Scawen, Allthough I always have VSYNC turned on by default for every game in my video card driver settings, VSYNC can have a negative effect on older machines.....

Please have a quick read: http://www.ocworkbench.com/2006/articles/DXtweaker/

Basically, if the machine can't produce 60fps, the frame rate sometimes caps to 30fps..... (without "triple buffering")...

So perhaps in the options, you could have a little explanation next to the VSYNC option saying "disable for older PC's".... or "recommended for fast PC's" or something...

PS Good work as always with the test patches
My pc is 6 years old and I run everything to the best

Tip is to get a good card
Game Freezing
Game Freezing
Just not to bore the Admin I’m saying there is some problem in the V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, patches ever since it was released my game will freeze up to 0 Frames, Still game. I know of someone who else has experienced it at the same time as me is it your servers cause it cannot be my computer its Brand New Dual processor 64 bit media Windows .It’s really hard to get info on the Freeze ups but I think there are more out there experiencing this .
This thread is closed

TEST Patch V5 (compatible with V)
(204 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG