The online racing simulator
Sounds after patch w update
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Si01
Just had the patch w install itself, started lfs up and all the car and menu sounds had a really bad nasty echo to them.
Just realised (having spent 10mins playing with all the sound options / editing) that for some reason the EAX settings for my soundcard switched itself to "cathedral" effects as the patch installed! lol.
Like the new dashes anyway. Off to see what the new sound effects are really like!!
so .. what exactly are you saying?
#3 - SamH
He's being chatty! LOL!

Glad you found the problem. I hate EAX.. it scared the hell out of me in Battlefield2!
Quote from Si01 :Like the new dashes anyway.

This confuses me. What new dashes? Unless you are coming from a very old patch and you mean the open wheelers....
He probably means the digits on the dashes... wasn't those change in patch v or something (?!).
#6 - Si01
Yes, sorry, there was no real question or point to my post, I had just had a couple of beers and was being chatty.

The decals on the dash (fuel gauages, digi dash on the fox) seem a little neater / higher resolution, though it may be I have just inadvertantly changed the graphics settings when I was arsing around with the audio settings.
The SS dashes were updated in U, but they also received minor updates in W. All other cars had minor updates in dashes too in W.
yeah, new fuel gauge and temp gauge icons. looks pretty cool. Didn't see Scawen mention that
#9 - Sim
Quote from Si01 :[...]sounds had a really bad nasty echo to them[...]

Yep. But menu sounds are ok but car sounds have echo...even when I change position scrollbar for echo volume the echo doesn`t change. Is this scroolbar working properly?
try reading his post again very slowly.
#11 - Sim
Yep...but...
Quote from Gabkicks :try reading his post again very slowly.

Yes I`ve checked my sound card`s drivers and all options seem to be ok. No effects are enabled. (I`ve got AC`97 ) And the echo volume scrollbar really DOESN`T WORK! :/

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG