The online racing simulator
Whats the best wheel?
(77 posts, started )
G25 is teh amazing. Just look after it
wat is rev b
#53 - Jakg
Link in my signature explains it all
#54 - JTbo
Which wheels are better than G25? Is discontinued Act-Labs better or do we enter rich boys class directly? Which is best FFB wheel in rich boy class?
#55 - Jakg
Frex may make something, but it will be based on the G25 hardware iirc
#56 - JTbo
Quote from Jakg :Frex may make something, but it will be based on the G25 hardware iirc

Frex is just adapter to fit different wheel? At least with DFP it was like that and cost more than bloody wheel itself, talk about rip off
Well I'm buying a DFP cos I need a new racing wheel. The momo racing is ok but I want to use it with GT4 and for LfS. As the G25 is too expensive for me I'll go for the DFP.

Maybe I can use the pedals of my momo racing and the wheel from the DFP. Are the pedal so bad from the DFP? Thee ways seem to be a bit short *confused*
#58 - JTbo
Quote from Christian Held :Well I'm buying a DFP cos I need a new racing wheel. The momo racing is ok but I want to use it with GT4 and for LfS. As the G25 is too expensive for me I'll go for the DFP.

Maybe I can use the pedals of my momo racing and the wheel from the DFP. Are the pedal so bad from the DFP? Thee ways seem to be a bit short *confused*

Aren't they same pedals?
Quote from Christian Held :Maybe I can use the pedals of my momo racing and the wheel from the DFP. Are the pedal so bad from the DFP? Thee ways seem to be a bit short *confused*

When they are working okay, there is nothing wrong with the DFP pedals. They are not great, but they do the trick. But they have a lot of reliability problems. I'm sure a search would show a lot of unhappy campers due to the pedals. The Microsoft pedals are better, and if you can find the web page detailing how to rewire a set of Microsoft pedals to work with the DFP, they will be more pleasant to use and (in my experience) very well lasting.
Hi mates.

Hope it's allright, that I use this thread.

What is the best wheel, if the price is about highest 60£?

Right now I got a Logitech Wingman something, but it's not the best.

Which one would you prefer, and why?

Thanks

/Gosser
Logitech DFP...

Spend an extra £100 and get a G25
you can pick up a DFP for £40 on dabs.com at it is worht every penny (if not more)
small budget: Saitek R440 (this is a standard whell. it will do the job)

medium budget: Logitech DFP (stunning wheel. its a brilliant wheel and will get you around the track smoothly)

Large Budget: Logitech G25. (Feels alot smoother than the DFP and pedals are alot more reliable. also comes with a shifter which is nice but doubt it will be used much... Downside is all but 2 buttons are on the shifter. only 2 on the wheel itself)
Thanks a lot!
#67 - JTbo
Quote from JTbo :No, one you are looking for is Logitech Driving force pro

Arh, I see.. I were also surprised by that price
#69 - JTbo
Quote from JTbo :Which wheels are better than G25? Is discontinued Act-Labs better or do we enter rich boys class directly? Which is best FFB wheel in rich boy class?

So BRD Speed 7 wheel and VPP Professional wheel are ones better than G25, but Speed 7 is still not ready. Also Frex is working on some new wheel design that nobody knows when it will come.

VPP is around 1300-1400 euros, nobody knows from those other two.

Richard has VPP, but does anyone know how it compares to DFP or G25, is it worth to pay that much more?

Also pedals, Speed 7- 3 pedal or VPP Hyper real 3 or Frex with Hydro brake and Clutch+ ?
Even though the Driving Force Pro is for PS2, can I use it for PC?
#72 - Jakg
Yes, its got a standard USB plug
Quote from Jakg :Yes, its got a standard USB plug

Okay, nice

Just found one at ebay, for 35£
What is the difference between Driving Force, and Driving Force Pro - exept the price?
#75 - Jakg
Lots, the Drivng Force isn't good, look at the wheel guide in my sig

Whats the best wheel?
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG