The online racing simulator
Damage control
(8 posts, started )
Damage control
I still think it is very weird that u can control the damage of youre car.

I want to choose if i want to repair my car in a pitstop or not. Yesterday my car was running fine, but the pitstop was 20 seconds because of repairements on my car. That cost me the race.

If this game really should be a sim game, this is one of the feutures that should be in the game fast. But i don't understand why they don't do it. It cannot be that hard to make!

This is something that i've been saying for over a year now, and I think it's weird nothing is done about it, when so many people request it.
i would also like to see this implemented, i think you should choose between having either the body or suspension repaired, or all. Sometimes, it cost's me race's too, due to it taking sooo long!
Quote from Cybercool :That cost me the race.

While I also would like this feature, it is not a real pressing problem as it just becomes part of race strategy to not get any damage until your compulsary pit stop

Having said that being able to choose not to get repairs (somewhat similar to not getting new tyres below a adjustable wear setting) would be much better for game play as more would choose to stay out longer before pitting instead of all pitting on first lap
Currently, damage in LFS isn't enough of a penalty. If and when we get realistic damage then maybe it should be optional which bits get repaired, but until then the pit stop delay is a useful incentive to drive within your limits.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Currently, damage in LFS isn't enough of a penalty. If and when we get realistic damage then maybe it should be optional which bits get repaired, but until then the pit stop delay is a useful incentive to drive within your limits.

That's right. Sometimes you don't notice u have damage, and youre whole front wing is broken. But i like to see it the other way arround. First damage control. Then damage improvement. That more realistic for now, i think.
+1

selection: repair only minor damage, repair heavy damage, repair suspension
Quote from Fischfix :+1

selection: repair only minor damage, repair heavy damage, repair suspension

I say we wait until we get a modifiable [damageable] aero design, more damage (and correct at that), and some more realistic suspension damage rather than "tweaking" the angle of things, but rather parts that fall off, and really make a difference.
mmm it's pretty good now compared to the last racing game i played (nascar 3............lol)

Damage control
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG