The online racing simulator
thanks again live for speed
(13 posts, started )
thanks again to live for speed, i jus did my 1st national kart championship and came 6th!! on a 300 a weekend budget, which is 10 times less than most other competitors, and i have only raced as a non novice 11 times!!

i put this all down to live for speed teaching me race craft and it DOES help real life racing! thanks again scawen eric and victor!

i jus wish i could play, my comp is broke
#2 - ajp71
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :on a 300 a weekend budget, which is 10 times less than most other competitors

Are you seriously telling me people spend £3000 a weekend karting? I'm totally baffled as to what they spend it on? I guess they must be including pretty extravagant transport/accommodation arrangements for that but I'd of thought even the front running drivers in most club racing classes don't spend nearly that much a weekend unless something goes very wrong.
Set of tyres x3 - £300
Share of chassis price - £200 (based on a £2000 chassis over 10 races)
Share of engine(s) price - £200 (based on two £1000 engines over 10 races)
Fuel - £20(?) (control fuel - very high prices)
Entry fee for race - £80 (including Saturday practice)
Share of entry fee for series - £10 (its probably more than this)
Miscellaneous stuff - £100 (chains, sprockets, etc)

Total - £910

That figure seems a bit low for a weekend top-level karting to me. A lot of the front-runners have yearly budgets of £70,000 and more. And karting is meant to be the cheapest form of motorsport you can get

EDIT: Those prices above are just guesses and I forgot to include the share of a £100,000 motorhome
#4 - ajp71
Quote from Leifde :Set of tyres x3 - £300

3 sets of tires a weekend? The front running cars in club single seater racing maybe go through 2 or 3 sets a season! There are one or two people who'll buy a new set every race but TBH it can't substitute for skill and the people racing on the tightest budgets can get at least a season out of a set of tires.

I know if I had £70000 to spend on motor racing I wouldn't be spending it on karting or club single seaters for that matter
ajp, kart tyres are very soft and u loose 0.4 by having old tyres on. i was slow on saturday with my old tyres, i only had the manditory 1 set of control tyres for sunday.

one of the biggest costs in karting is team/mechanic. my m8 spends 300 a day on awning (team) and 200 a weekend on mechanic. that adds up to over a grand. another place liefde forgot to mention was engine rental which is 150 a weekend for around 3 engines. friday practise and control fuel would add up to almost 100.

miscellaneous would be alot higher due to damage, approx 200-300.

travel and sleeping would add up to a fair few quid aswell

EDIT: AJP your avatar is quality!
#6 - ajp71
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :miscellaneous would be alot higher due to damage, approx 200-300.

I suppose that's when karting suddenly becomes good value
Quote from Leifde :And karting is meant to be the cheapest form of motorsport you can get

Autograss? £500 cars in the most basic class, just a mini, AX or Cinquecento with a rollcage, no glass and some stripping out.
#8 - ajp71
Quote from duke_toaster :Autograss? £500 cars in the most basic class, just a mini, AX or Cinquecento with a rollcage, no glass and some stripping out.

Karting offers an entry into real motor racing rather than bangers/autograss, which whilst fun just aren't the same thing. Karts should be cheaper to TBH somethings gone very wrong if you're spending thousands on karting but TBH the problem is it's filled with people who want to thing they are the next big thing and will do anything to prove themselves.
The thing is people will pay these prices because they want to win. I'd pay those prices if I had the money. My dad has given me a budget of £1500 this year for 10 weekends. Then I've got a £500 engine rebuild on top of that. I just don't have the stupid amount of money the frontrunners have

EDIT: Saying I'd spend it on karting is a lie, I'd go into club-level single-seaters for at least a season.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :thanks again to live for speed, i jus did my 1st national kart championship and came 6th!! on a 300 a weekend budget, which is 10 times less than most other competitors, and i have only raced as a non novice 11 times!!

i put this all down to live for speed teaching me race craft and it DOES help real life racing! thanks again scawen eric and victor!

i jus wish i could play, my comp is broke

Awesome! Very cool to hear how this game has helped you get to a top level in motorsport!

I'm only 18, got my G25/LFS couple of days ago and I love it so far, just like driving a real car, unfortunately I only have a 1.3 micra irl so this is alot of fun driving gtr's etc!

I really love driving and definetely will get into some local karting race days/seasons and take it from there.
trust me mate fair play ! 3000 pound is even a small enough budget never mind 300,
for i race Formula A/ICA and 3000 wouldt barely even get my engines over and done,then new tyres maybe 2 sets a weekend,etc

well done mate
Congrats on your acheivement!
That must have been alot of fun
Quote from Leifde :
Total - £910
And karting is meant to be the cheapest form of motorsport you can get

You could buy and run a pocket bike for a whole season for that weekly money.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG