The online racing simulator
LFS on a 50" DLP samsung TV
(15 posts, started )
Yesterday, i brought my computer at a friend's house to play it on a 50" DLP tv hooked up via DVI. I played the game at 126(8?)0x720(p).

Man, it not only looked gorgous, but i had the feeling i was driving a real car. The picture was so huge. i always play one a tiny 17" monitor.

I could even do faster time(for me) easily with this setup!

I wish i had 3000$ CAD!

If anybody can try something like this, by all mean, do it!
you should have taken a pic
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've been thinking about getting an XGA projector instead of a monitor when I next upgrade, for similar reasons. Ooh, actually, two projectors would solve the "LFS on two monitors is crap because of the line down the middle" problem!

What a brilliant idea! Now if u could get the projectors to project the image undistorted onto a curved sureface :lovies3d:
maybe we can hijack a cinema? stuff 50", 5000"!
Quote from Lola Popeye :maybe we can hijack a cinema? stuff 50", 5000"!

Yeah the omni theartre here in Perth would be awsome surround 3d screen with mega sound system sure they wont mind
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've been thinking about getting an XGA projector instead of a monitor when I next upgrade, for similar reasons. Ooh, actually, two projectors would solve the "LFS on two monitors is crap because of the line down the middle" problem!

Why 2 projectors? People use 2 monitors coz one is too small, but when you have projector making picture 100"+ there is no problem with size.
I tried projector (Sanyo 1024x768 ~2800$ (prices are much lower now)) about year and half ago and realized that 3,5m (~140") is too big. Imo ideal size for driving is about 100" and you don't need 2 projectors for this size. Another problem is to have place for 200" projecting screen at home.
That gave me the idea to try LFS on my 46" Plasma via the PC in from my laptop, works pretty well, although its a bit "streched".
Attached images
DSC01687.jpg
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Like this? Pony up $40,000 and it's yours

one of there main selling points on the website is its low cost well if i had 40k sitting around

Mm I wonder if I attached a fisheye lens to a projector
#9 - Don
Quote from danowat :That gave me the idea to try LFS on my 46" Plasma via the PC in from my laptop, works pretty well, although its a bit "streched".

hmmm tried changing the resolution in lfs to something that is widescreen? like 1280x720 ?
Yeah, but I just get black bars above and below the picture by doing that.

Dan.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Like this? Pony up $40,000 and it's yours

There is no room for the pedals, so that thing is nono . And to make it even better, make it a big bubble. Even better, attach that into the motion simulator (that 101) thingie

Money is nooo problem, bigger is better and anything golden is a plus!
Quote from danowat :Yeah, but I just get black bars above and below the picture by doing that.

what happens if you switch the laptop monitor off ?

Quote from thisnameistaken :I suppose you're right. LFS's FoV slider only goes up to 120 degrees anyway, I wouldn't need two projectors.

someone here showed a few pics of him driving with 2 projectors ... it looks amazing ...
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=288
seems like the pics arent up anymore though
Quote from Mazz4200 :I've been thinking of doing this :-

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20041113/index.html

in my spare room

but cheap, working, 15" tft's are hard to come by.

The results look really impressive though.

Anyone tried it ?

Mmm that looks very interesting will give that some serious considertation
If I turn the laptop monitor off, it makes no difference.

Dan.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG