The online racing simulator
Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
AI is constantly crashing on purpose! Blackwood T1, for instance, 5-6 cars crash into each other. Cars keep bumping me off track out of the racing line!

Am I invisible to them?
Quote from NikLaw :AI is constantly crashing on purpose! Blackwood T1, for instance, 5-6 cars crash into each other. Cars keep bumping me off track out of the racing line!

Am I invisible to them?

lol
i have always had this, with the AI, which is why i never really raced much with them, its fun to ram them back
Quote from NikLaw :AI is constantly crashing on purpose! Blackwood T1, for instance, 5-6 cars crash into each other. Cars keep bumping me ff track out of the racing line!
Am I invisible to them?

That has been the case since day one. The AI are totally ignorant of your
car ( unless you train them, and even then, they still have their problems).

On the bright side, it's a perfect training tool - you see the same behavior when you jump into most public servers.
#79 - ekze
Server name with cyrillic characters is shown wrong in servers list.
Hi,

My problem is with the server hoster: I cant host any in S1 (and there is only 1 server, what is not enough). I already opened the ports, let it connect to the net with firewall, made everything, but it only appears as "Not answering/Not responding (Nem válaszol)" or whatever.
#81 - SamH
Quote from Scawen :The option is called invert look or something, I think W9 returned it back to default which some people think is the wrong way round.

For clarification, the standard LFS way is actually just the opposite to established first-person-shooter mouse motion. That's why people think it's the wrong way. The LFS way is just not conventional.. the right way, in LFS, is whichever way it's coded I'm *not* asking for an improvement suggestion, but if you were hanging around that bit of code.. freeing the invisible mouse from the screen edge would be a god-send to a lot of us. But I'm not asking for it.. if it weren't so well established as it is, I'd actually be reporting this limitation as a bug.
The idea of the original LFS right-click look is that you "grab" the part underneath the mouse cursor and drag it around. You basically pull the scenery to the left, which makes the camera go right
Hi Becky,

Quote from Becky Rose :There is no LFS problem here. That sounds like an issue with my odd compo software

Ouch... it looks like I did a OT Post accidently here then. Sorry
I was on the UKCT Odd Compo Club. I had to look in LFSWorld where I was because there is a UKCT Odd Compo Club and a UKCT Odd Combo Club

And no, I don´t moan. Since I was alone (sadly) it wasn´t really a Problem
(But fun, so I say thanks for the Odd Server thing )

OK... end of OT
#84 - hda
I was playing single player with an f1 in oval, i got towed off the track and i couldn't get back cause "it would cause a yellow flag"

Quote from ekze :Server name with cyrillic characters is shown wrong in servers list.

Are you sure about that? How was the name created, in a text file? If so, remember it needs the ^C in front of it. I often see non-Latin-1 characters in the server list and they seem fine so I'd need more info about how the name was created and how it appears, in order to understand this. By the way, nothing changed in name creation or the List of Games.
#86 - bhs
I'm not sure if this is an intended change or not but while running single player on FOX/BL1 in W10 I was hitting 148 on the back stretch and still climbing fast when I started to brake. This is a big increase from my previous top speed of 142 or so. Was there a physics change that I missed?
Either you came out the previous corner faster due to your nice new diff or the wind was behind you.
#88 - bhs
Yeah I just tried it again and I'm back to normal. Could my speedo have been bugged? I have never seen anyone get over 143 on that straight in the FOX, including WR setters. I am back to 142 now but that really threw me for a loop. While i have your attention could you tell me what kind of different settings to try on this preload stuff? I can't seem to figure out where it should be. I've tried high and low and can't really tell a difference.
I definitely cannot help you with setups, I'm not a setup guru, I'm just the one who implements the physics so others can work out the best setups. There are some other threads about preload, you'll find them on a search. I think everyone is just at the experimental stage with them. I'll never be the setup guy, I spend too much time programming and too little time racing, thinking about such fine details of vehicle dynamics and developing setups.
Quote from bhs :Yeah I just tried it again and I'm back to normal. Could my speedo have been bugged? I have never seen anyone get over 143 on that straight in the FOX, including WR setters. I am back to 142 now but that really threw me for a loop.

Wind?
Quote from Becky Rose :

As it's a timing issue i'll give you my system specs:
Dual Core AMD 4200+ (not overclocked), 2gb CAS2 DDR RAM (underclocked to CAS 2.5), 2x160gb SATA-2 Raid1 Stripe, 2x7600GT 256mb SLI (overclocked).

Becky,
I know SLI is cool thing but it makes sometimes problems.What about to remove 1 of the cards and see if you have still same issue.I would say its worth to try it.Also downclock the card to default values when you will remove the other one.
Quote from hda :I was playing single player with an f1 in oval, i got towed off the track and i couldn't get back cause "it would cause a yellow flag"

Edit: my answer is removed by me! because: sorry, didnt read right - single player - and wrote some mischief

Now a new answer:

Was some AI-Drivers on track? The new feature: "no reset by yellow flag" and if some other car near by yours is absolutely a step in the right direction. (target is IMO the completely remove of reset from single- and multi-player)
#93 - Jakg
Single player? and that rule is (imo) pretty stupid
Quote from Jakg :Single player? and that rule is (imo) pretty stupid

In my opinion is it not right, that it in single player is possible to repair the car on track by reset. And now is this feature - repairing by reset - a arcade-feature in multi-player, i don´t like this feature in both, in single-player and multi-player. But sorry i did not read hda´s posting right, thought hda was in a oval-server.
@Scawen: Sorry Scawen, but it is reproduceable everytime: Fe Green, full field of AI + me, W10, a no cut layout, 2 laps, watch replay until it finishes and then press escape for menu and then click start race.
#96 - ekze
Quote from Scawen :remember it needs the ^C in front of it

Bah! I'm totally forgot about this ^C....:tired: Sorry! :sorry:
Thanks for the patches! Great work!
Have there been any other changes in the clutch pack diff.? My setups are all to cock now in the LRFs, especially shitloads of understeer on the way in. Is this really all down to the preload setting?
Ok, don't know if I've missed something but after I made a copy of LFS to another folder, then installed patch W10 (also had problem with W9), I couldn't start LFS. The game would start but after it says loading track I got an lfs.exe error. Details below...

So at the moment I can only have one copy working, am I doing something wrong?

AppName: lfs.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: lfs.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00046fbc
Quote from thisnameistaken :Have there been any other changes in the clutch pack diff.? My setups are all to cock now in the LRFs, especially shitloads of understeer on the way in. Is this really all down to the preload setting?

All clutch pack setups seem to have some much preload in them, even if it wasn't there in the first place. (check the damn diff settings nub!

EDIT: just checked the above. All previous setups have some preload now.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Have there been any other changes in the clutch pack diff.? My setups are all to cock now in the LRFs, especially shitloads of understeer on the way in. Is this really all down to the preload setting?

Just remove the preload from the setup and it will behave the same as before
Yes it is down to the preload, as the point with no or almost no throttle is where preload is in effect, very nicely explaining why you struggle with turn in.
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG