The online racing simulator
Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
BBT also sent me a PM explaining the change in behaviour - to be honest I hadn't looked to see if it was editable because I'm too busy drinking copious amounts of Broon Ale. Makes sense though, and I'm sure I'll appreciate the change once I get familiar with it and I can make the best use of it.

Nice to be reminded of how ace LFS is, even when it totally messes up all your favourite setups in all your favourite cars.
Ok, never mind, downloaded fresh copy fixed it :O)
OK, finally got some proper wheel time in and the verdict is a definite

I still don't entirely understand how/why the preload affects the transitional handling of the cars but damn it makes a whole lot of difference. Throttle control seems even more important now, especially in the more manly cars where throttle control is actually appreciated, and the insane lift-off oversteer seems to have calmed down a bit. I suppose it's all down to smoothing around the transition.

I'm amazed, to be honest. The cars feel even more like cars. Best patch ever.
AI drivers
They are way too slow on average. Thinking about AI - pro settings they run 1.43 sec at BL .. Pls. make them run faster - about 10 sec. faster pls. !
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :They are way too slow on average. Thinking about AI - pro settings they run 1.43 sec at BL .. Pls. make them run faster - about 10 sec. faster pls. !

AI drivers will be improved in good time .. has been mentioned countless times
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :They are way too slow on average. Thinking about AI - pro settings they run 1.43 sec at BL .. Pls. make them run faster - about 10 sec. faster pls. !

play online!
Quote from Scawen :
The option is called invert look or something, I think W9 returned it back to default which some people think is the wrong way round.

Ah ok thanks. Silly me, I looked for the option but I guess I was a bit too tired. Are you saying you think the default panning method is better? You obviously don't play any FPS games
Quote from dawesdust_12 :eek, upon patching my W9 install to W10, I have no unlocks anymore

Good bug fix list though Scawen, especially on the DT on sprint tracks

I patched mine (W9 to W10) and it never required an unlock??? Is there something wrong here?
No, not really. It's just that sometimes a patch requires an unlock on some PCs and on others it doesn't.

It's quite rare & random afaik so np
I'm not sure if this is worth making much fuss over, but at the start you can creep forward ever-so-slightly without being penalized. See attached reply.

Also, rather comically, if you push an AI (or presumably a Player) at the start you can get them penalized too. I didn't record this as it's very easy to reproduce, but it does seem more serious as a possible form of griefing...
Attached files
manual start bug.spr - 3 KB - 235 views
Quote from Burnzoire :Ah ok thanks. Silly me, I looked for the option but I guess I was a bit too tired. Are you saying you think the default panning method is better? You obviously don't play any FPS games

It's the same 'grab the landscape and pull' system that was in Black and White iirc.
Scawen obviously took most of the B&W code with him from Lionhead back in the day! I wonder when we'll get creature racing. Some times I wish we could slap the AI here too. And put them on an agressive leash and take them for a spin. That's be cool!
Not sure if that is a W10 thing or more general. When playing LFS I set my driver to 4xAA and 16xAF outside the game. Then run it in fullscreen. Everything ok, great looking. Use Shift+F4 on track, the picture will build up new, but obviously not good looking any more. It seems as if LFS forgets to use the higher settings enabled in the driver. Sometimes exiting the game and restarting helps, somtimes it does not. Best result to get back to the proper use of driver settings is exiting the game, change a setting in the driver (e.g. AFx8) and enter the game. Then exit it again, changing back to 16xAF and starting the game again.
I use a x1950Pro AGP, Cat. 7.3 and run the game on an E4300 @ 2.7
Quote from Viper29 :Not sure if that is a W10 thing or more general. When playing LFS I set my driver to 4xAA and 16xAF outside the game. Then run it in fullscreen. Everything ok, great looking. Use Shift+F4 on track, the picture will build up new, but obviously not good looking any more. It seems as if LFS forgets to use the higher settings enabled in the driver. Sometimes exiting the game and restarting it helps, somtimes it does not. Best result to get back to the proper use of driver settings is exiting the game, change a setting in the driver (e.g. AFx8) and enter the game. Then exit it again, changing back to 16xAF and starting the game again.
I use a x1950Pro AGP, Cat. 7.3 and run the game on an E4300 @ 2.7

happens with other games too.
i think is more driver related.
Scawen, are you planning to improve the barrier-hit-physics (for lack of a better name) anytime soon? I'm hosting 3 CityDriving Cops 'n Robbers servers, really annoying to be sent flying to the moon when hitting a barrier at 10 mph
Otherwise, I don't have any issues with this patch, runs smoothly.
Quote from oDii :I'm not sure if this is worth making much fuss over, but at the start you can creep forward ever-so-slightly without being penalized. See attached reply.

Also, rather comically, if you push an AI (or presumably a Player) at the start you can get them penalized too. I didn't record this as it's very easy to reproduce, but it does seem more serious as a possible form of griefing...

Same problem here. It's quite reproducable. 1st gear on and you can move ever so slightly with no penalty. Hmmm, let's get a few inches on the competition... Ah wait, they've all gained a few inches.
Quote from oDii :I'm not sure if this is worth making much fuss over, but at the start you can creep forward ever-so-slightly without being penalized. See attached reply.

I think thats how its done in some forms of racing. As long as you don't move past a set distance and are at a stop before the lights go green. You sholud be clear to start.

The second issue relates to offline only.online your suposed to get spectated if you move too far. But if you want to wack 20 ai's on the start line go ahead!
Quote from -wes- :I think thats how its done in some forms of racing. As long as you don't move past a set distance and are at a stop before the lights go green. You sholud be clear to start.

The second issue relates to offline only.online your suposed to get spectated if you move too far. But if you want to wack 20 ai's on the start line go ahead!

Even if it is used in real life, it doesn't quite seem fair. Taking the idea further, it's reasonably easy to maintain a burnout in a RWD car within the safe "window" to warm the tires up, giving you quite an advantage for the start and a number of corners while your opponents warm their tires up to the same level. In multiplayer, where it's possible to adjust brake balance on the fly, this could prove quite an exploit (or advantage, whichever way you look at it).
Quote from jasonmatthews :Ok, don't know if I've missed something but after I made a copy of LFS to another folder, then installed patch W10 (also had problem with W9), I couldn't start LFS. The game would start but after it says loading track I got an lfs.exe error. Details below...

So at the moment I can only have one copy working, am I doing something wrong?

AppName: lfs.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: lfs.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00046fbc

i have this often...

fresh booted system, lfs doesnt start just that error with that code...

then i reboot

again fresh booted system, all works fine,... weird
Tiny little suggestion... because in this patch these pedal "balks" got slightly smaller (which is good, previously they were kinda big) but now it is hard to see this white area that indicates 100% input (with crappy MOMO pedals it is very important ). So I'm suggestion that this white area could be made slightly bigger so it would be easier to see. Especially hard to see throttle because of the light green colour vs. white.
Attached images
Image3.jpg
Abit of a problem, im not sure if its W10 cause it wasnt doing it yesterday.. But my g25 clutch pedal is weird.

Its corlaborated right, and on the corlaboration part when i hit the clutch, the horizontal bar on the right goes left right.. like normal... perfect.. and then when i race, i hit the clutch but it doesnt work, so i put on the vertical colour bars at the bottom and it doesnt show the clutch

HOWEVER.. when i put auto clutch, it shows the clutch when i change gear..

anyone know?
Quote :I think thats how its done in some forms of racing. As long as you don't move past a set distance and are at a stop before the lights go green. You sholud be clear to start.

When F1 introduced automatic jump start detection a lot of drivers got penalties from putting the car into gear, where the car then rocked forward very slightly.

Ooops O/T... Seemed rellevent though.
I test the start on Solo Mode with AI. if you do a false start and you push the car behind you, it take a false start too. How can you separate the voluntary and the unvoluntary false start?

Sorry for my poor english.
Do you mean push the car in front you?

Anyway, that's the way it should be imo.

A false start is calculated based on the movement of the car before the green light and not if this movement was voluntery or not.
have you thought about making the rb4 and xrt slightly faster ??

seems more logical than limiting the fxo

Edit: well it does to me.
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG