The online racing simulator
Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
Scawen, Yes I knew I had forgot something, I meant in the autocross.

Ready: 3
Ready: 2
Ready: 1

I just named the above sequence "text timer" and thought that anyone would understand it. doh

About you other question, the "text counter" appears only at the start of an autocross race, together with the red lights, and the only problem is the one mentioned, that you can predict when the green lights will light just by looking at the "text counter". The green lights turn on just 1 sec after the last text line ("Ready 1") dissapears.

There is no "text poping" issue during the race no matter if I'm in autocross, single player or multiplayer.

PS
And of course one more issue related with the text counter (mentioned in some earlier posts) is that it is displayed at the qualify starting, but there it is useless because you can start the qualify without getting a penalty.
So what's the point of the text counter when you are already rolling...
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Pablo,
thats weird.I got with your SPR file replay OOS at 37.77 with wheel view.

EDIT:Thats getting even more weird.I tried to play that file from wheel view again but now got OOS replay not at 37.77 but at 55.69.This is really strange.

Hi Scawen,

I get some reproducable bug.

With Pablo`s replay on the previous page I can get the OOS every time I am in wheel view then I pres ESC for menu and I go to VIEW menu.
If I chnage FOV view lets say from 90 to 93 degree then press ESC the replay get OOS after few seconds(1-3). It does the same when I change PITCH view,ROTATE view,DRAW(main) from wheel to body.I would say it does with very option you change.

Also tried to go to also to GRAPHIC menu when replay is running, changed shadows from HIRES to OFF and got OOS with that replay as well.

It does OOS also from CHASE view,TV view,COCKPIT view when you change something in VIEW menu or Graphic menu.It would need more testing what all of entries in MENU when you change them get that replay OOS but it does already with what I have described above.
Im getting the same bug, and it shows "not recording" in the top left of the screen, a bit before the OOS message...
When applying ballast to cars, car balancing ballast supercedes driver voluntary ballast.

thus 100K master server assigned ballast on the FZR means that the driver must add 150K of voluntary ballast to add 50K to the predefined 100K.

for a series that uses success ballast, this kinda kills things
hi guys anyone know when this Patch becomes official ?
Posted yesterday by Scawen:
Quote :I hope to release X on friday or saturday in just under two weeks time, though that depends how everything goes.

Quote from 11SuLLy11 : hi guys anyone know when this Patch becomes official ?

Hint: this is not a question to ask

Anyway if u want the answer: When it's ready
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :When applying ballast to cars, car balancing ballast supercedes driver voluntary ballast.

I think this is the way it should be. This way you don't have to worry about forgetting to remove the ballast from your setup which you added while you were practicing offline. It also stops cars from having huge amounts of combined ballast. Altough I can see that it could limit the amount of possible additional ballast in leagues..
and it's very painful to explain to an FZR driver that they must set thier ballast to 140 kg because they have 40kg in success ballast
Selecting digital speedo is present in both View and Display options.
What does Virtual steering gauge do? I can't see anything besides it moving virtual clocks to the sides when activated.
I'm also getting a few Replay OOS errors as someone mentioned above.
Hi, nice patch, thanks for it. But... On my notebook, I'm really not able to read the names of drivers on the right side, if there's too long list. If the server is qiute full (>25), these names are really small. Is it possible to set some minimal font size for them? I'd rather have higher list and be able to read it.

EDIT: I've got 17'' LCD and sitting about 1 meter far...
Quote from zipper (cze) :Hi, nice patch, thanks for it. But... On my notebook, I'm really not able to read the names of drivers on the left side, if there's too long list. If the server is qiute full (>25), these names are really small. Is it possible to set some minimal font size for them? I'd rather have higher list and be able to read it.

telescope/binoculars do the trick.

in a full server for me its fine, 32" lcd
Scawen

Running W10, I refreshed the multiplayer server list, then attempted to close LFS. It got stuck at the blank screen, and in my impatience I clicked X a few times. And then LFS crashed.

Crash Address: 0x000000007c809783

Edit: Actually it crashes every time when I exit straight from LFS via the X button from the multiplayer server screen. Clicking the big orange 'back' then 'back' then 'exit' does not cause a crash. This crash happens to me in both W and W10.
-
(zipper (cze)) DELETED by zipper (cze)
Hello racers,

Why is it possible to upload a spr from W10 on lfsworld?
RB4 and some others cars are faster in W10. I though it was an incompatible version? But not with lfsworld? It s strange, isnt it?
Quote from Worm :Why is it possible to upload a spr from W10 on lfsworld?
RB4 and some others cars are faster in W10. I though it was an incompatible version? But not with lfsworld? It s strange, isnt it?

W10 (and the coming X patch) are only multiplayer incompatible so single player replays (hotlaps) can be viewed in it. That is the only requirement for the hotlaps to be compatible and therefore hotlaps charts wont have to be reseted.
Worm, some more info on the topic...

The forced handicaps from the master server only apply if you go online. They have no effect in the Single player mode unless you volunterely put some handicaps on your own.

Besides that, no car is faster than before. The FXO & XRT are slower from the TBOs with the RB4 untouched and the FZR & XRR are slower from the GTRs with the FXR untouched also.

In short, the classes were balanced by slowering the faster cars not making faster the slow ones. And this only in multiplayer atm, so no need to block hotlaping with the W10 patch.
Quote from KMSpeed :Worm, some more info on the topic...

The forced handicaps from the master server only apply if you go online. They have no effect in the Single player mode unless you volunterely put some handicaps on your own.

Besides that, no car is faster than before. The FXO & XRT are slower from the TBOs with the RB4 untouched and the FZR & XRR are slower from the GTRs with the FXR untouched also.

In short, the classes were balanced by slowering the faster cars not making faster the slow ones. And this only in multiplayer atm, so no need to block hotlaping with the W10 patch.

So no change with the clutch preload system? There must be. Even Scawen said so:

Quote from bhs :I'm not sure if this is an intended change or not but while running single player on FOX/BL1 in W10 I was hitting 148 on the back stretch and still climbing fast when I started to brake. This is a big increase from my previous top speed of 142 or so. Was there a physics change that I missed?

Quote from Scawen :Either you came out the previous corner faster due to your nice new diff or the wind was behind you.

Ok ! I understand.
So lfsworld wont be reseted ! Cool
PLAYLIFE, the new preload setting doesn't work as a boost.

It is just an additional setting which could help driving in some cases but imo it's not such a drastic change to require a total hotlap reset.

And about the quoting you made there you forgot also to quote and the final conclusion of that conversation
Quote from bhs :Yeah I just tried it again and I'm back to normal.

But there are already lots of threads about the preload feature outside of this bug reporting thread.
Quote from KMSpeed :PLAYLIFE, the new preload setting doesn't work as a boost.

It is just an additional setting which could help driving in some cases but imo it's not such a drastic change to require a total hotlap reset.

And about the quoting you made there you forgot also to quote and the final conclusion of that conversation

But there are already lots of threads about the preload feature outside of this bug reporting thread.

Hotlap reset is imo needed only if the psychics changes shows in slowing cars down, so noone can beat old WR's. If the changes make car faster, there's no need to reseting.
Got my first bug.

For some reason any button or key assigned to 'speed limiter' is randomly working, eg 1 out of 3 presses does nothing, this does not matter if it is keyboard or wheel.

Keyboard: G15
Wheel: G25

Ive have no keyboard profile for lfs (and have tryed switching the profiler off)
I have a profile for the G25 and this does seem to make it a little worse even though i have no profile for the buttons concerned (with it off its probably 1 in 4) it is really strange as i get no probs with f9,f10 or 't' when i used them, it even ignored me for 3 presses in a row tonight, i can press 'L' as much as i like in other apps - look :- lllllllllllLLLLLLlllllLLLL

Simon

Edit:

G25 Driver : 5.0.156.0
G15 Driver : 1.03.193
/me likes the cant reset feature ^^
a bug that i found, i have no idea if it has already been mentioned(im too tired to research, so plz don't yell at me!)

but every time you reset your car, the tire temps are reset in the F9 menu
If you don't have time to read, you don't have time to post.

That's been brought up several times - it's working as intended.
Quote from FlintFredstone :Got my first bug.

For some reason any button or key assigned to 'speed limiter' is randomly working, eg 1 out of 3 presses does nothing, this does not matter if it is keyboard or wheel.

Keyboard: G15
Wheel: G25

Ive have no keyboard profile for lfs (and have tryed switching the profiler off)
I have a profile for the G25 and this does seem to make it a little worse even though i have no profile for the buttons concerned (with it off its probably 1 in 4) it is really strange as i get no probs with f9,f10 or 't' when i used them, it even ignored me for 3 presses in a row tonight, i can press 'L' as much as i like in other apps - look :- lllllllllllLLLLLLlllllLLLL

Simon

Edit:

G25 Driver : 5.0.156.0
G15 Driver : 1.03.193

Also happens to me.

Keyboard: logitech low price one
Wheel: MOMO Logitech.
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG