The online racing simulator
LFS Bay Area gathering
(17 posts, started )
LFS Bay Area gathering
I think we should have some kind of LFS gathering for all the Bay Area or northern California players. If someone could organize some sort of meeting it would be great! Please reply if you live in the Bay Area (or could drive there in reasonable time) and want to have a gathering. Thanks!
a) You may wish to get an idea of what the attraction would be. Fifteen people standing in a car park saying "now what?" would be somewhat amusing.
b) Whoever suggests the idea typically organises it, I'm not sure a 14-year old who starts spammy threads is really the best person. Sorry. Just there have been enough problems with 14 year old spammy types in the past...
Quote from Bob Smith :a) You may wish to get an idea of what the attraction would be. Fifteen people standing in a car park saying "now what?" would be somewhat amusing.
b) Whoever suggests the idea typically organises it, I'm not sure a 14-year old who starts spammy threads is really the best person. Sorry. Just there have been enough problems with 14 year old spammy types in the past...

Man Ben you took that personally =) 14yr olds are 14yr olds and you should only expect what you get and nothing more =) Nothing against young people but they tend to be.... flakey.... I think is agood term for it.
Quote from Viper93 :Man Ben you took that personally =) 14yr olds are 14yr olds and you should only expect what you get and nothing more =) Nothing against young people but they tend to be.... flakey.... I think is agood term for it.

Being 14 myself, i couldn't agree more. Young player's reputation's are very low. So everyone automatically prosumes that all young players type in capitals and in wierd text speak which no one can read:

like dis if u cnt read dis den ur mad so u betta nt say NEfing.

Blacksheep, i say go for it. Try organising some activities for people to do? Things that are related to LFS?
Sorry if there was any confusion, but I was just throwing the idea out there. I wasn't saying that I was going to organize it myself.
i think you should do it but be careful , you never know who your meeting ( not trying to offend anyone but you All know how the internet is )
Yes indeed old chap! Ye olde intertubes is an astonishing and wonderful place, filled with magic mushrooms and fluffy unicorns. Yet many do not know that something terrible might be lurking in the shadows of the mystical intertube forests...
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer
San Francisco bay... at least most people know that in this country.

I am from there, and you will really only find about 4 or so people in this area that are really involved with LFS (at least, that I know of). I don't know many other people around here that play LFS, so it would just feel awkward meeting anyone here because I just have to ask, what would we do?
Quote from wheel4hummer :If you didn't organize anything, then why is the title of the thread 'LFS Bay Area gathering.' Also, what Bay Area? Chespeake Bay? Hudson Bay? San Fransisco Bay? Delaware Bay? Green Bay? WTF is 'Bay Area?'

It's the San Francisco Bay Area. Sorry, but I thought that was implied.
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer
I currently reside in Pleasanton, CA... I'd be willing to show up to a meet... we should probably bring our computers and/or meet at someones house and have a LAN race.

No, I'm not 14, in fact I'm 18.. (I'm not saying that I'm any more mature than a 14 year old but I'm just putting it out there that I'm 'legal' )
I don't even think the number of players in the entire U.S. is high enough for a meet.

I'm not sure if a LFS LAN party would be very fun. I can recommend a few cop-free roads for some good "spirited" driving around here
Quote from luftrofl :I don't even think the number of players in the entire U.S. is high enough for a meet.

So, so wrong. There are plenty of us, we're just a lot more spread out than the UK dudes.
We just need jets, lots of jets, to fly everyone to a place.
Not really, my dad's CFS (combat flight simulator) team ©haps all flew to Orlando once and spent a day at Universal Studios. That was a very very long time ago actually, a good ten years or so I believe.
Quote from luftrofl :I don't even think the number of players in the entire U.S. is high enough for a meet.

I'm not sure if a LFS LAN party would be very fun. I can recommend a few cop-free roads for some good "spirited" driving around here

Oh, do tell.

Me and my CRX are always looking for new streets to sprint around on.
Quote from Tweaker :San Francisco bay... at least most people know that in this country.

I am from there, and you will really only find about 4 or so people in this area that are really involved with LFS (at least, that I know of). I don't know many other people around here that play LFS, so it would just feel awkward meeting anyone here because I just have to ask, what would we do?

Come this summer, you can make that 5 people or so.

I'm currently in New Jersey but my father got a job offer in the bay area and it looks like he's going to take it.
Well I currently reside in Santa Barbara, CA (socal) but every once in awhile I'll be coming back up to Palo Alto and possibly visiting Berkeley. (Don't ask why I'm up and posting at 5AM).

I'm a rather poor college student and my car gets crappy mileage (not to mention needs lots of maintenance before I'd take any long trips in it) but if it lines up with my travels I'd be happy to attend.

I'd also definitely be up for carving up some... appropriate mountain roads, I drive a "family" car but can hold my own against smaller, more nimble cars in the twisties.

LFS Bay Area gathering
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG