The online racing simulator
A1GP for LFS
(11 posts, started )
A1GP for LFS
Ran a search and didnt come up with anything contrete regarding an A1GP league for LFS.

Is there one?

If not, why?

Again, if not, would people be interested in that kind of a league?

IF NOT...I got nothing. Shrug
Soon, with patch X, it can be done. It should be done. It would be really neat to have 32 different racers from 32 different countries, racing for country, and not team allegiance.

What would be the best car for this series? FO8? FOX would attract the most players...Uhmm
FO8 would be most like the A1GP cars.
There was a LFS Nations Cup, but its organization was flakey for both the league and nation entrants.

Any kind of nations cup will require a damn good league staff, as well as a better system for the racing and nominating of each nation's drivers. The league somewhat leaves out a lot of good potential drivers for a nation, because not everyone can compete all at once, so there needs to be at least 4 or more people interested for each nation.

Hell if there was 30+ nations total in an LFS League, it would be very hard to have all those nations show up and give support. You'd just need to make sure everyone is committed to the league, so there are no fallouts.

And yes, using the FO8 would be ideal, it is the best open wheeler LFS has, and the structure for the league could be exactly like A1GP. The past nations cup that Nikimere ran, he had chosen to use different car/track combos, and that kind of mixed it up too much I think. Sticking to the FO8 could work.

I don't know why someone doesn't start up a new one to be honest, it really would be fun to have such a series again... and actually have it finish. If anyone is thinking of doing it, I could help.
Sweet...that'd be cool to see happen.
This would be great to be a part of, or at least see. Especially if the F08 is the car.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ight=international+league
Thread about it this type of league last week.
I ran the original LFSNC but it's a MASSIVE undertaking and personal commitments soon got in the way of what could have been a nice league.
It is still running, "minimax" is planning to run the LFS Nations Cup again with his own structure shortly.

There are too many problems in trying to get racers from all round the world to race at once.
Quote from nikimere :There are too many problems in trying to get racers from all round the world to race at once.

Yeah I forgot to mention that. That is the main problem really, and you did your best to try and figure something out in that respect. Shrug

LFS being primarily a game of focus in Europe... People from Asia, Aussies, North Americans, etc... they all have problems with trying to make a race due to the time differences. And for a REAL series to be created using all the countries at once, you'd have to require those countries drive really late or early in the day... and not everyone can do that. A shame really, because now we have the potential for 30+ countries to enter.... I guess you'd have to give European teams the upper hand on things, and just hope the other countries can make it. Frown
Yeh, time differences are always an issue racing online. I remember guys from Australia being up at silly hours just to race an SCGT league I ran. Loved the commitment but completely understood why when they decided not to participate any longer.

What about a league using the same rules and regs for individual regions/time zones; Europe, North America, Australasia, etc. Each region runs on their own races, then after a number of rounds, the winning two drivers from each country race in a one time world event against the top drivers in all the other regions. Shrug
That is how LFS Nations Cup was run, but it really still didn't work out too well because certain countries had to go up against weaker or stronger countries, and well hard to explain, but some teams have advantages over another because they weren't all racing together. So you've have to have a tier system for just one combo, and it took forever to complete.

The only best way would be to have everyone race at once, and for that you'd need lots and lots of dedicated drivers from specific timezones to race really late/early in the day Shrug.
To take all the countries no, to take the ones in the A1GP, not 32 would be great, make it real..... and one guy that represents the comitte of the A1GP for LFS in every country thats gonna participate too.

A1GP for LFS
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG