The online racing simulator
Tutorial with Fraps [screen capture]
(12 posts, started )
Cant someone realy basic just show how they do their skins with fraps? It would help alot of people with less knowledge!

ME!!!
Quote from jockenielsen :Cant someone realy basic just show how they do their skins with fraps? It would help alot of people with less knowledge!

ME!!!

YOu can't make skins with FRAPS. Fraps is for video recording!!!
ha ha ha.

I think you know what i mean. Record it the skining progress with FRAPS!
Err... Try recording ANYTHING in windows using Fraps before posting. This is possible only in Vista because of its new shell parts (dwm.exe)
#5 - Smax
What you need to do is make lots of seperate bitmaps using the print screen function when you're running the viewer and have made a change to the skin.

Then you should batch convert them to the size you want to use and create an avi/animated gif from them using either something like Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas or Macromedia Fireworks.
#6 - Gunn
There are programs that allow you to record such things, I've seen many graphics tutorials done this way, in fact I have several hours of 3DS Max tutes that are recorded in real time. I can't recall the names of the programs that do this though, but I know they exist.
#7 - CSU1
Quote from Gunn :There are programs that allow you to record such things, I've seen many graphics tutorials done this way, in fact I have several hours of 3DS Max tutes that are recorded in real time. I can't recall the names of the programs that do this though, but I know they exist.

humm...I don't suppose you might have one or two of those handy for me?
#8 - Davo
google screen recorders
Forgot to mention - there is a prog for screen recording anywhere, supports area recording, it's called HyperCam
Quote from CSU1 :humm...I don't suppose you might have one or two of those handy for me?

I use camtasia studio for this job.. creates some good quality AVI files of small size too, for example, I created a quick vid to show moving tree polys around on a track for a friend who was updating an old N2K3 sandbox track in 3DS and doesn't really know 3DS... full screen (1280x1024) came to under 2Mb

camtasia's not free however but not overly expensive if you're (semi) serious about this sort of thing.

Regards,

Ian
Thanks to Vista's DX UI, I'm guessing you can use FRAPS to record in the OS itself now.
Quote from TiJay :Thanks to Vista's DX UI, I'm guessing you can use FRAPS to record in the OS itself now.

Quote from Funnycat :This is possible only in Vista because of its new shell parts (dwm.exe)

:doh:

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG