Poll : What do u want?

Closed since :
Both More Cars & Tracks
More Cars
More Tracks
mod for the car that u can choose on/off
more animation in the driver
a traction lock?
ok i have noticed alot on lfs that when u hit the gas u instanly spin out no matter what car u have. i mean u have slicks on jeez they warm up and slip even easyer!!! thats horable it should be the other way around till a sirtant point. and i was wondering if they could make a device that would lock the wheels so like in real life when u hit the trottle it dont just break the tires looks and u go burning your tires off trough out half the track. i mean this game is turing out to be boring not fun boring yes the new cars are cool and the new tracks and every thing but other than that it is just the same old lfs 3/4 of the servers are empty only about 20 servers up and they usaly only have 1 or 2 people in it... i can under stand the factor of haveing a rewheel drive car and dropping the clutch and it burning the tires for a wile but putting it in 3rd hitting the gas and it lighting them up like u reved it to 7000 and droped the clutch no thats so unreal and every one is complaning about other people wanting free roam and how unreal that would be... people we need to focus on how easy the cars peal out and more upgrades u could do to the car with out it being there and never comming off.... we have enough tracks i would say for now, we need to look at the cars make them more interresting and to have more potential... thats all i got to say give me your opion?

Clayton
Do you have wheel? That was first what came into my mind because with little training you can do almost whatever you want with these cars without losing control and spin

Eza
i even drive FO8 with mouse ^^
maybe not the fastest times, but its all practice. get used to the cars and u wont spin
#4 - Lible
Now you realise how hard is in F1 for about 5 years?
This would be sort of like an aid right? Tristan will come running soon to this thread! (joke)

Anyway, i (I not everyone else) dont want this in lfs. It takes time and practice to learn how to drive the cars.
See it, and it was such a STUPID suggestion it didn't even warrent my spam
Is this guy suggesting traction control?
And what is the poll all about?

BTW. I can understand it may be hard to type in english if you are from a foreign country, but you are from US for f*cks sake!
That had been inside my head for a while, now I feel somehow lighter
#8 - JJ72
people really like to type neverending run-on sentence probably because their way of thought is just as unorganized but please bear in mind it will be very difficult for others to understand your point and give useful feedback since long sentense really confuses people the main theme of the passage and hence couldn't locate your main point and there are no price for writing the longest run on sentense in the world so there you go mate.
I find that really long sentences make life easier cos it puts less wear on my keyboard buttons and makes me look like i came top in english classes but then what do i know i like traction control when its in the bin if you cant stop spinning then just practice easy huh did you understand me im not going to reread this cos my head will explode
ok yeah that was a long a$Z what ever u wanna call it... ne ways i have been playing around with the cars and stuff i've gottin it a lil bit under control now with the spinning. but still i have problems with it spinning at high rpms.... and yes i do have a wheel... but it sucks, its a logitech wingman formula force gp. i am better on kb than i am with the wheel and yes i under stand it takes pratice and everything but when the tires dont keep a strait line and turn from one side to the other like crazy.. i dont know maybe some one could give me a tip on how to ajust some settings, to get the wheel to work properly. thats it and thankz for the time. payce Cayton
at least you are using sentences now but at some point you should try paragraphs and capital letters too because then more people will read you post. i have tried to read your post and i don't understand what you are saying because it's all in one big lump but i think you are saying your wheel is oscillating about the center. in windows you need to turn off everything except the overall force feedback strength. leave damper and spring effects low (do you have these on a wingman). also try a higher gear, and only put full throttle down when youre in a straight line, but you can put a bit of throttle down whilst turning. download some good sets of inferno and look at the gearing then look at the wr replays and see what gear they are in and when they are puttin throttle on (but don't expect to be able to copy them for a few months just yet)
we can't take the p1ss out of americans who don't write proper sentances (spelling) at least he can write!

but seriously, the formula force GP is a very light wheel so it suffers from wobbling unless you set the force quite low and keep the spring and damper settings enabled but set at 0%

you're gonna have issues with spinning the wheels if you jump straight in a GTR tho', no disrespect intended - learn to drive the road cars first, slick tyres may be stickier overall but racers are NOT for learning to drive with! stick with it and you'll be ready for racing GTRs etc online after a couple of months
Good advice. Learn the slow cars first, then save up for a decent wheel (or ask St Nick - only 35 days to go ). Logitech Momo Racing wheels (black ones) aren't really expensive and they're pretty sturdy. Mine was AU$250 about 3 years ago and I've had no real problems. The gearshift paddles are a bit flimsy, but the Momo Racing comes with a gear stick which is pretty good.

Next, remember LFS is still in it's alpha stage so it's not yet finished. I'm sure the devs will iron out any physics bugs that may contribute to the lack of grip. If there aren't actually any bugs, just do like they said and practise

Last of all, don't mind these guys^. They don't realise that because you've been through the US "education" system you're probably speaking US English and not actual English [j/k] As for Tristan: he is, like we say in Oz, a bit of a sh1t-stirrer ... but really he's a big softie
#14 - avih
Just drive the UF1 untill you don't slide, then advance to the GTI (NO sliding). then.. etc etc etc. Practice.

Afterall, how many times have you driven a car with 300BHP in RL when you floor the gas through the whole drive?
Slowly moving up to faster cars is a good idea....

That being said, there still is a problem with the cars spinning for no reason. From a stand-still the cars don't react realistically. They should squirm around, but if you have a LSD the car's not going to get away from you so fast. They really shoot around. My real life car reacted like this when one of my struts went out and the rear suspension was horribly unbalanced. Now that it's repaired, I can spin the wheels in a straight line at high RPMs easily with very little steering or throttle input. This is impossible in LFS, which confuses me. Everything else is so spot on, why isn't this?

If you've watched F1 races they get their cars to squirm around, but they can also get them to spin the wheels in a straight line.
Quote from BrandoonWa :
If you've watched F1 races they get their cars to squirm around, but they can also get them to spin the wheels in a straight line.

Yes they do go in a straight line, but the drivers are so damned talented that when the car just starts to goto the side a bit, they stop and instantly regain traction . Has a little flick at the end to save it. At least, that is what I have seen everytime they do it. However, this doesn't mean LFS's straight-line acceleration in the FO8 is correct, the F1 cars definitely do it longer and less violently compared to LFS . I think just tire grip issues is the main problem. I really find myself using very low tire pressures to prevent the 'bloated tires low-grip feel'.
True, I think another problem is the removed feeling when playing, which is an inherent problem with video games and not specific to LFS.

a traction lock?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG