The online racing simulator
Ps2 controller car setups
(4 posts, started )
Hello all,

Anyone have car setups for all tracks/cars using a PS2 controller?
I'm using a PS2 style controler...and theres no real difference to wheel set ups I find...

I normally just reduce the steering lock so that I am smoother....
Any set works for any controller really. Though their are things that can make a difference. Having taller gears on kb could help etc.
I've used an XBOX controller for one and a half years now.. As Iron_Maiden does I just reduce the max steering lock to give me more precision in the central steering area while retaining full linear motion.. You actually only need a small steering lock to get around the race track (i.e. BLGP in the GTI I used 9.0 for awhile sucesfully), athough it can be a bit of a problem getting out of the pits or turning around if you spin so I tend to use a steering lock which is 50-60% of the maximum steering lock for that car, on some tracks it might need to be slightly higher.. for example some of the South City tracks. All other settings are no different to a wheel setup.. it just takes practise to be smooth and precise
As for controller settings I retain a pure linear motion i.e. ensure there is NO dead spot/zone in center of stick movement, that analog steer smooth function is close to 0, steer center reduction is off, and the wheel turn compensation setting is 180.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG