The online racing simulator
Can`t host a game
(16 posts, started )
Can`t host a game
Hi All.
Does anyone know why i can join games but cannot host my own?
I do not appear in the games list.

I use a belkin router and have done port forwardin.
My windows firewall has LFS ticked as "unblocked".

I can join established games and race and chat in them but when i start my own i`m on my own permenantly.

I have a mate with exactly the same problem , we cannot join each others games but i can find him using "find user online".

I love LFS and it used to work only 6 to 8 weeks ago , whats happened ?
Quote from Paul Schofield :My windows firewall has LFS ticked as "unblocked".

New LFS patch perhaps? Delete the LFS entry in Windows firewall and then unblock LFS again. I'd put money on that working.
oooh... how much money did you put on it because it did`nt work.
same problem
hey i know the feeling of it not working im having the same problem and no1 seems to care so ive just about give up shame realy
Quote from mcgas001 :hey i know the feeling of it not working im having the same problem and no1 seems to care so ive just about give up shame realy

mcgas001, I don't want to sound shitty, but thats such a load of bollocks. Had I seen any posts by you I would've helped, along with a significant number of people. Have we not seen your posts I would apologise, but I'll also point out that we're giving advice on our own time and invariably making a host work demands a certain level of networking understanding - sometimes it's just not possible to talk people through stuff without being in front of it and just seeing what's going on.

Bear in mind that there are hundreds of home and corporate hardware solutions, network designs and bits of software, all which can be combined in hundreds of thousands of combinations - it's not possible to support every thing without actual contact.

Quote from Milanche :I have belkin wireless router too. All u need to do is to forward ur ports.

Re-read the first post. I'd be the first to say "configuration error", but the fact it "was working" and he has "forwarded the ports" negates this. Of course that would be a load of bollocks, but even so...
I tried to host a server on newer versions W38 etc and I think that people couldn't connect I will have to recheck this because I'm not sure what's the problem in my case.

@Paul Schofield

Try forwarding your ports again, check if everything is setuped properly. Maybe something changed in your router or windows configuration.

When you connect your cable router to wireless one you get local IP address, which means you can go to the internet and surf but people can't connect to you. You need public IP you can setup that in your wireless configuration.

For exampe type your local IP something like 192.168.*.* in your internet browser and you can set it up there. Make sure you turn off Firewall > DMZ because that stoped people of connecting to my host.

If you are able to give us/me more details I will be glad to help(don't know about the others ).

RGDS

Milanche
Well I don't want to create a new thread but, where can i forward the ports of a Motorola SB5100?

Thank You in advance.
#9 - Jakg
i guess it is becouse of UPnP...

i often have this issue with my fritzbox too, in standard i have deactivated upnp forwarding couz of security issues.

when i want to host a game my firewall tells me (in logfile) that lfs could not use initialize TCP and UDP...

try to activate UPnP and try again maybe that works
Quote from the_angry_angel :mcgas001, I don't want to sound shitty, but thats such a load of bollocks. Had I seen any posts by you I would've helped, along with a significant number of people. Have we not seen your posts I would apologise, but I'll also point out that we're giving advice on our own time and invariably making a host work demands a certain level of networking understanding - sometimes it's just not possible to talk people through stuff without being in front of it and just seeing what's going on.

Bear in mind that there are hundreds of home and corporate hardware solutions, network designs and bits of software, all which can be combined in hundreds of thousands of combinations - it's not possible to support every thing without actual contact.

Re-read the first post. I'd be the first to say "configuration error", but the fact it "was working" and he has "forwarded the ports" negates this. Of course that would be a load of bollocks, but even so...

i have got a post and all you did was basically ignore it

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25161
Update
HIYA I HAVE MORE NEWS THIS MAY HELP I HAVE TRIED TURNING MY FIREWALL OFF AND I HAVE FOWARDED ALL THE PORTS ON MY WIRELESS ROUTER WITH THAT WEBSITE I FOUND ON HERE http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm
AND WELL....STILL THE SAME PROBLEM SO I GO DOWNSTAIRS ON MY OTHER PC AND TRY AND DIRECT CONNECT TO MY GAME.I TYPE THE NAME IN CORRECT AND THEN I GET A MESSEGE "CLIENT CONNECT:CONNECT FAILED" SO OBIVOUSLY THAT DIDNT WORK BUT THEN WHEN I COME BACK TO MY GAME UPSTAIRS IT SAYS "NEW GUEST TIMED OUT" SO I DONT HAVE NO CLUE NO MORE......
Quote from mcgas001 :HIYA I HAVE MORE NEWS THIS MAY HELP I HAVE TRIED TURNING MY FIREWALL OFF AND I HAVE FOWARDED ALL THE PORTS ON MY WIRELESS ROUTER WITH THAT WEBSITE I FOUND ON HERE http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm
AND WELL....STILL THE SAME PROBLEM SO I GO DOWNSTAIRS ON MY OTHER PC AND TRY AND DIRECT CONNECT TO MY GAME.I TYPE THE NAME IN CORRECT AND THEN I GET A MESSEGE "CLIENT CONNECT:CONNECT FAILED" SO OBIVOUSLY THAT DIDNT WORK BUT THEN WHEN I COME BACK TO MY GAME UPSTAIRS IT SAYS "NEW GUEST TIMED OUT" SO I DONT HAVE NO CLUE NO MORE......

Make sure you turn off Firewall > DMZ because that stoped people of connecting to my host. That helped me.
Quote from mcgas001 :i have got a post and all you did was basically ignore it

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25161

Right.. so I didnt reply within my usual time frame and you class that as being ignored? For ****s sake I do actually have other things to do in my life.

1. You didn't post anything that suggested you'd otherwise read or tried anything therefore I assume you have tried nothing, therefore I paste the ****ing huge thread on hosting, etc.
2. If I ignored you I wouldn't have responded at all - I wrote up that thread I pasted with the EXPRESS intention to avoiding the same questions over and over again. Had I not cared I wouldn't have done this.
3. You didn't respond, I'm not a ****ing mind reader

To answer your questions;
You're connecting from the same network, so try connecting using the local IP address of the PC hosting the game. Don't use the name - some routers have problems with port forwarding and "loopback", and it makes it appear as if the game isn't running properly from within the same network - which is false.
haha i have cracked it
right people i have a break through i have been on the website and fowarded all my ports for my wireless router.then i went to windows firewall then clicked the advanced tab then clicked my current connection and clicked settings and i happened to find 3 ports with the names LFS i have ticked all of them and bingo. i am now hosting games onnline as fine as anything turned my firewall back on still no problems thanks guys

P.S no hard feelings the_angry_angel

Can`t host a game
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG