The online racing simulator
Quote :XRT and RB4 are the worst

It always seems strange to me that people compare the RB4 to anything other than a mk 4 Supra (in terms of looks anyway). I still think it's one of the better looking cars (Supras look awesome, the RB4 doesn't look as good as a Supra, but it looks more like that than anything else imo :shrug
Quote from glyphon :i see porsches all the friggen time around here...but maybe that has something to do with the Porsche NA headquarters literally being 1/2 mile from where i work. Ferarris are pretty rare, as are lambos, but do see a few of them as there is an exotic car dealership near work as well. so i occassionally see people test driving murcielagos, gallardos, elises, 430s, 612s, etc.

In the last week where I live I've seen 2 Bentley Continentals, 2 Aston V8 Vantages, countless Porsches, 2 Ferrari 360s, 1 Ferrari 550 and 1 Ferrari 430!

People round here getting too rich!
Quote from morcs :It always seems strange to me that people compare the RB4 to anything other than a mk 4 Supra (in terms of looks anyway). I still think it's one of the better looking cars (Supras look awesome, the RB4 doesn't look as good as a Supra, but it looks more like that than anything else imo :shrug

i think it looks alot more like a celica gt4 esp from the back

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/images/parts/iansmotor2.jpg
#30 - Tomi
Quote from mrodgers :Well, when I posted that, I admit my mind was on more normal road cars such as the GTi/GT class and the RB4/FXO/GTT (oops, sorry Hankstar, the XRT ) class. When I think about cars and think of modern cars, I think of the current Celica, Acura RS (or whatever the Integra evolved into) and stuff like that compared with a raw bones 85 VW GTi or 80's RX7 stuff.

Being from over here in the US, when I think cars, I don't think of Ferarri, Porsche, Lotus, as I think I've only ever seen maybe 2 of each my entire life.... Ferarri is a real sight as they are extremely rare to see. I've seen 1 Lamborghini (Diablo) ever. Porsche is a bit more common. In fact, I stopped at the store this morning on the way to work and saw this guy, though it is not modern....

Living in switzerland, Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus or Lamborghini are a common sight to me. I even see Michael Schumacher in his white Fiorano as the new house he is building is just 2 kilometers from where I work.
The XFG is the only car that might need a face lift but as it is almost an iconic car in sim racing it shouldn't really be changed.
I can't see the harm in changing the look of some cars to make them look cooler, like changing the design of the tail and head lights on the xrt for example, but I personally think most of the road cars look fine besides a few small details like I mentioned above.

Imo most modern cars are oversized and ugly so I would not like to see the cars modernised.
#33 - JTbo
New cars really does suck, for some reason car magazine writers do think that car that is good to drive is completely dull and such where you don't get any feedback from road, like Focus, there is something like very strong centering spring in steering wheel, but no matter if there is ice or warm tarmac under tires feeling and centering strength remains same.

Also you don't see out from them, you don't hear engine or if you do it sounds like damn quiet electrical motor.

Yet design is similar in all of them, straight sides without any twist, small windows and high sideline, every line is like worn piece of soap, smooth and rounded, I call them unisex cars, designed not to please either sex and completely characterless.
Then big wheels are added that weights tonn, doesn't anyone remember why unsprung masses were bad thing?

Then car drives instead of driver, bling blong bells sound and warning lights flashes like in jet fighter as all kind of letter combinations take over driving when driver has gone bit too fast from computer's opinion, well of course it is easy to drive too fast as there is no feeling how much there is grip left that can be used.

There is few exceptions but not many to trend, old cars for me please, I prefer to do driving and it is always nice to know how much there is grip left so I won't get surprises

Surely I like LFS cars because they still have some character left in them and I'm sure older cars are used by devs because they do like them better than new designs as well

RB4 is perfectly enough new design, it is already looking damn soap and I would say that should be enough of that style, let's get to 60's, 70's and 80's, those are when cars looked good, even at 80's some started to go bad already.
Quote from andybarsblade :XRT and RB4 are the worst, (not inculding UF1) lets change the RB4 to look like an evo 9 or 22b?

lmao , if they make a b22 look alike ill quit the game :S
The only car wich needs a restyle is the fxo imo.
THAT THING NEEDS A FRONT GRILL!
And maybe better headlights...
I'll never understand why people worry about Live for Speed's asthetic appeal. To me, it seems like people either don't understand what Live for Speed is trying to accomplish, or don't realize just how much (unnecessary) work re-modeling the cars every year or two would be.
Quote from XenoWolf :I'll never understand why people worry about Live for Speed's asthetic appeal. To me, it seems like people either don't understand what Live for Speed is trying to accomplish, or don't realize just how much (unnecessary) work re-modeling the cars every year or two would be.

Oh i understand all too well, but look at it a little differently
As someone has said in this thread earlier the Gti is the most iconic car in LFS, and that car is an late 80's econobox hot hatch.

What does that say about the sim we all love/like so well,try LFS you can drive an 85 Ford Ka Laser (323 mazda is the same car)....

Nothing wrong with and R32 Golf is there?
Besides being overweight?
I'd like to see the RAC used for the promo stuff as it is just the best looking to car, but it is hard to drive though ...
#40 - JTbo
Right, here is movie clip, at background you can see modern plastic car and other car at front area, which one you would like to get into LFS? Right, that is what I thought, let's forget those plastic shopping carts, shall we?
#41 - mr_x
Quote from JTbo :Right, here is movie clip, at background you can see modern plastic car and other car at front area, which one you would like to get into LFS? Right, that is what I thought, let's forget those plastic shopping carts, shall we?

I'd rather have the modern car.

I'm gonna get blown to bits for saying this... But I've never liked 'muscle cars' especially the older ones, i just think they all look same-ish and ugly.
#42 - JTbo
Quote from mr_x :I'd rather have the modern car.

I'm gonna get blown to bits for saying this... But I've never liked 'muscle cars' especially the older ones, i just think they all look same-ish and ugly.

Well good racing with 1.0 Yaris eco

Nah, those are not everyone's cup of tea naturally and there surely are few individuals (which should look immediate psychiatric care ) that do like more of these modern vehicles styling, but that is of course free choice which one likes, there are mens that wears skirt too today

But there is Yaris cup, can't remember if they did try to bring that to Finland too, anyway they do race such cars so therefore such plastic shopping cart is nothing impossible in racing sim. Even for me that would be as much used as UF1 is, almost none, only if everyone else would like to try it I do few laps cursing FWD every each second, but for some that is really enjoyable.

Wish there would be something for everyone in LFS, but I guess that will not happen, but what devs like to see in LFS that will happen and we can only guess what they have planned
The best way IMO, is to have a XFG '02 (is it an '02 model? I'm talking about the time Eric made it), and a XFG '07, with more power, more weight, TC, STM, and Sat Nav.

Same would happen for all the road cars, except the LX's, which just appear out of sheds everytime you go into a server anyway.
#44 - JTbo
Quote from VTiRoj :The best way IMO, is to have a XFG '02 (is it an '02 model? I'm talking about the time Eric made it), and a XFG '07, with more power, more weight, TC, STM, and Sat Nav.

Same would happen for all the road cars, except the LX's, which just appear out of sheds everytime you go into a server anyway.

Well, I think it should be opposite, making 82 or even 72 versions of cars

Good amount of work they have in their hands if they would start making different era versions of cars also
An older FZ5 would be sweet!
While I would love to see updated versions of the current cars (keeping the tried and true versions), I just can't see spending the time. There are so many other types of cars I'd rather see. I don't want Eric to spend time remodeling cars we've already got when he could be working on a Formula Ford or mid-engine sports car.
Quote from richo :
Nothing wrong with and R32 Golf is there?

No...unless you fancy a overweight, gutless AWD car on a front wheel drive chassis with a poorly matched engine and stupidly large wheels. A car that looks good on paper, but is laughable and will be forgotten in the annals of automotive history. VAG failed. FAILED!!

FAILED!!
Quote from jayhawk :No...unless you fancy a overweight, gutless AWD car on a front wheel drive chassis with a poorly matched engine and stupidly large wheels. A car that looks good on paper, but is laughable and will be forgotten in the annals of automotive history. VAG failed. FAILED!!

FAILED!!

Quoted for truth. TRUTH!!
#49 - JTbo
And now VAG made this super Golf by copying Renault Clio V6 Sport concept, but they put W12 behind driver, that car does not appeal to me even it has 650hp and RWD, somehow it looks so tame and as that is just recycling of old concept.

I would still prefer some 70's car over that thing Well, off-road car would work too, like Tatra T816 for example
Quote from jayhawk :No...unless you fancy a overweight, gutless AWD car on a front wheel drive chassis with a poorly matched engine and stupidly large wheels. A car that looks good on paper, but is laughable and will be forgotten in the annals of automotive history. VAG failed. FAILED!!

FAILED!!

Guys the point is to update the shape and leave the chassis/engine as is...

Keep LFS fresh, imagine the amount of people that have played the demo over the years and have come back years later to once again see exactly the same content (cars only) i would bet many have just dismissed LFS as another sim with no progress and thats a bloody crime!

A crime i say! :soapbox:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG