The online racing simulator
wouldnt it be awsome...
(37 posts, started )
wouldnt it be awsome...
i know this is never in a million years gana happen but hey it would be cool. If lfs was on TV! would be so cool and if it was like in the olypics and stuff. would u guys watch it? could it be classed as a sport? would it take over real life racing because every moans at how cars our destroying the planet?

pfft who knows what would happen all i know is it would be cool.

what u guys think on lfs on at 8:00 on ITV

#2 - CSU1
throw in some pit girls and I'd watch it np
ROFL, they laughed at Quake or similar as a DEMONSTRATION event for Beijing and they dropped Baseball (stupidly), do you really think that they would put LFS in the Olympics? It's probably last on the list with Rugby and American Football (YES PLEASE!).

From what I hear there is a league in the balkans that is shown on cable TV over there or something (probably at the middle of the night though).

And ITV don't really care about F1 or BTCC (they cut off early from the Canadian GP for Eastenders and won't bid for the rights to show all 3 BTCC races live. It's not that hard, is it? Stop showing old films and show something people like), they aren't going to show sim racing at any time, let alone 8PM. LFS would be lucky to get a small thing on motors TV.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire, but it won't realistically happen.

RE sims taking over from RL racing - it's starting to outstrip karting, but I doubt that it will be much of a development form of motorsport. But for driver training, maybe ...
#4 - Goop
wowee that would be sooo cooool!!!! :hyper:

I love your enthusiasm I think there was some sort of LFS TV thing, or maybe it was radio, I forget. But afaik, nothing like that of which you speak :cyclops:
Quote from Goop :wowee that would be sooo cooool!!!! :hyper:

I love your enthusiasm I think there was some sort of LFS TV thing, or maybe it was radio, I forget. But afaik, nothing like that of which you speak :cyclops:

Web broadcasting is doable, easily. Maybe if some leagues got together and did an LFS web radio station (using Shoutcast) ...
Quote from duke_toaster :Sorry to piss on your bonfire, but it won't realistically happen.

yer i know lol i said it probally wont happen but would be awsome
Quote from duke_toaster :...
And ITV don't really care about F1 or BTCC (they cut off early from the Canadian GP for Eastenders ...

The canadian gp went on much longer than anticipated because of all the laps under safety car. So they didnt have as much post race time to do all the usual stuff. The highlights later in the day showed the stuff you missed.
Its not like you missed the end of the race.
They have a whole new audience to cater for now, with LH doing so well there will be loads of new fans starting to watch, so maybe things will change a little. Who knows. The bbc at least think snooker is important enough to delay other programs if matches over run.
Im waffling off topic now, oops.
Vykos did get LFS on tv in Germany a while ago
Not quite in the way you meant but still.
Would be great to see LFS races on tv, and it will probably happen eventually, not on ITV though. There are so many tv channels now that anything can find airtime with enough effort or good luck. Its just a matter of time.
Xleague TV is here on satellite in the UK. I think would be a good place for LFS to kick off its TV career, the fromat of the channel is good, BUT, all the games they have are arcade style games so far. PGR3 (cough!) is the only racing game they have broadcast so far, I think Forza 2 is to start soon as well.

We should all sign on to their website and get a petition together for LFS to be broadcast.

http://www.xleague.tv/Portal/home.aspx
that site looks cool it could be possible to get it shown on that i sapose might have started something here lol
LFS has been on TV before, the largest and most visible world wide and most recent I believe was on Discovery Channel during the Future Cars show that lasted a few weeks. However they never said what the game was which I found annoying, not even in the credits, but they showed a BF1 going through the 2nd bridge on BL.

LFS has been on TV quite a bit to be honest. They haven't shown races before, but who wants to watch a fake race? It would be like watching someone playing duck hunt, but instead you happen to have some skeets and a shotgun in your hands. Useless in other words.
id watch a fake race to be honest if its entertaining why not?
You may, but how many people in the world do you think would want to watch a fake race on public TV? Sticking to internet tv is just fine for what we use it for.
Its not necessarily a "fake" race, its a "simulation."

And of course id love to see broadcasts of LFS races.
#14 - CSU1
+1 for pit girls in LFS:icon23: :static: :static: :static:= ratings
Some countries do have LFS on TV already, but i've approached all the major broadcasters in the UK with glossy proposals and the response was overwhelmingly negative. Thankfully not all of them laughed, but they still said no.

EDIT: Incidentally, I had the most positive reply from the BBC, and the worst from Sky... If that smashes any stereotypes about archaic organisations and an innability to think forward I dunno, but it suprised me...
#16 - CSU1
Quote from Becky Rose :Some countries do have LFS on TV already, but i've approached all the major broadcasters in the UK with glossy proposals and the response was overwhelmingly negative. Thankfully not all of them laughed, but they still said no.

EDIT: Incidentally, I had the most positive reply from the BBC, and the worst from Sky... If that smashes any stereotypes about archaic organisations and an innability to think forward I dunno, but it suprised me...

what did the BBC say?
Quote from XCNuse :LFS has been on TV quite a bit to be honest. They haven't shown races before..

Eh...They did.

There were quite some ESL races shown on german TV channel GIGA TV and there were races shown from the OLT server one evening on some Slovenian channel.
There is an ESL ESCC warm up race being televised tonight on Autoplus TV (serbian I believe), and I am racing in it shock horror
Quote from Becky Rose :Some countries do have LFS on TV already, but i've approached all the major broadcasters in the UK with glossy proposals and the response was overwhelmingly negative. Thankfully not all of them laughed, but they still said no.

Becky have you tried Xleague TV? They are going mad on promotional advertising at the moment. I'm sure you could sell me a Lada if you put your mind to it .

Edit. never mind that...get back to working the CTRA srevers :-)
Theres a channel in finland that shows only CSS/DOD/BF2 etc. FPS games.
Would be cool to watch LFS-races
Quote from duke_toaster :
And ITV don't really care about F1 or BTCC (they cut off early from the Canadian GP for Eastenders

eastenders is on bbc 1
I remember they did a Football worldcup on the PS2 or Xbox. Teams of 2 people representing their country, playing as their country.

Could do a Sim racing version I suppose. But would the public watch it. Thats the point people would make against it and not do it.
Quote from Thoma :I remember they did a Football worldcup on the PS2 or Xbox. Teams of 2 people representing their country, playing as their country.

Could do a Sim racing version I suppose. But would the public watch it. Thats the point people would make against it and not do it.

only one way to find out i meen if u guys have seen Britains got talent u would know anything can get on Tv and still be watched
Quote from m.odonoghue :only one way to find out i meen if u guys have seen Britains got talent u would know anything can get on Tv and still be watched

someone should ofwent on britains got talent and played lfs. lmao tat wud of been good.
but personaly i dont think theres any market for putting gme broadcasts on tv. not unles its a really unpopular channel on sky or something.

wouldnt it be awsome...
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG